PDA

View Full Version : Blacktail rubs

Nailgunslinger
11-07-2007, 03:56 PM
Ok this is my first time trying to hunt around deer rubs exclusively , there are two separate sets around a 5-7 year old growth of coniferious trees in a clearcut about 1 km square. The whole area is filled with deer trails and perfect bedding grounds, one trail is definitly used alot. The two rubs are on opposite sides if the clearcut, both fresh. Think they'd be from the same buck? Also what times do they make their rubs at more, evening or morning? Lastly is it worthwile to camp a set of rubs maybe making a scent trail as well and just wait for the bugger? Any tips from rub hunters would be appreciated. :-)

Will
11-07-2007, 04:09 PM
Alot of "rubs" concentrated in a small area are probably from the same buck.......now having said that it's not uncommon for other bucks to frequent these rubs as well.....even use them too.......that's partially the point to them rubbing in the 1st place.....Marks your territory and leave scent for the others to find:wink:

I'd find a good place to park my ars somewhere there........dawn or dusk...perhaps both !
Good Luck:cool:

quadrakid
11-07-2007, 07:35 PM
sounds to me like you,ve found a good spot to hunt. i personally would not be focused too much on precisely where the rubs are. the rut is on,find the does and you will find the bucks.good luck.