PDA

View Full Version : Downtown Vancouver geese

silveragent
07-29-2021, 08:53 AM
I walked to work for the first time in months and OMG I counted 80 fat Canadas on my walk into Gastown.

Really we need to transport these f'ers to Ladner and Tsawwassen.

BimmerBob
07-29-2021, 08:56 AM
Maybe a good food supply for the downtown east enders to allow more money for their other habits?

Downtown
07-29-2021, 09:26 AM
Note and ad him/her to the long List of the ever present wasteful Municipal-Provincial-Federal Buerocrat ordering a Taxpayer funded Cull wasting Money without utilizing the Geese for Human consumption. Those Buerocrats should never be allowed to be decissionmakers again.

At the bare minimum, allow a hunting season for local Indigenous People perhaps closing the affected Parks including Stanley Park for non Indigenous People for the duration of the hunt.

Cheers

adriaticum
07-29-2021, 09:42 AM
I hope they drown downtown in shit

silveragent
07-29-2021, 12:28 PM
Well now we know there is a precedence for closing Stanley Park since they closed half of it for the Great Coyote Hunt

mike31154
07-29-2021, 12:31 PM
Not much different in the interior. Give Vernon City council credit for trying, but federal bureaucratic red tape has led the the cancellation/delay in a cull planned for this summer. Good link here on the issues faced by those trying to keep urban geese populations under control. At the bottom of the article I've linked to, there's a video of the reaction of some to a permitted cull in West Kelowna 2018.

The park where they present a problem in Vernon borders FN land. When FN were asked if they were interested in participating or accepting the carcasses, they declined.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7948142/vernon-b-c-goose-cull-permitting-delay/