PDA

View Full Version : Lucky Kill!..(GRAPHIC!)

.308win
11-07-2007, 03:21 PM
Well, filled my Doe LEH on the way to work this morning.
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p101/newfieguy1/IMG_0053.jpg
Driving by a small cut I noticed 3 does standing just off the edge of the road, by the time I stop, get the gun out and loaded they are across the small cut, The doe following behind is the larger of the three so I wait for her to stop! She stops perfect quarting away shot!...So I thought. I rest the gun squeeze one off, she kind of scampers into the timber, and I'm thinking good shot! It was ~75-80yrds. I track her and find her ~40-50yrds form where she was standing. The entry was just behind the front right leg...Perfect! Field dress her and there is no entry into the rib cage!?! but yet it was full of jello! After I get home and get the hide off, I see that the bullet passed right through between the leg and ribs exiting and breaking the leg!
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p101/newfieguy1/IMG_0056.jpg
The only thing I can think of is that she died from massive internal bleeding!? I guess she wasn't standing at the angle I thought she was. Just really happy that she did go down and I didn't have to track her for hours!

Perry

Wildman
11-07-2007, 03:30 PM
Right on......did you end up going to work after that?

Mr. Dean
11-07-2007, 03:32 PM
Well, she doesn't look so cute and cuddley now. Good job on filling the freezer!

.308win
11-07-2007, 03:39 PM
Right on......did you end up going to work after that?

Yeah, we drove to the area we are working and right where we turn the truck around there are fresh G-bear tracks! It snowed last night and it was snowing when we got there, the tracks only had about 3/4" of snow in them!....And there is about 3-4" on the ground.......Good day to clean up the Deer!!!...LOL!

Perry

Will
11-07-2007, 04:11 PM
Congrats ! Eat well :cool:

dana
11-07-2007, 06:34 PM
PP,
Congrats on the doe. I was beginning to think you might have to actually hunt on the weekend. ;) Steph got a nice 4x5 on the way home this evening.

308Lover
11-07-2007, 06:50 PM
I've had two bad shots in the last two years. Both uphill, and quartering away. Both in the heart/lung area, right on target, but the opposite side had the front shoulder and/or leg back. Made a mess and made it a reason for an extra shot. It's extremely difficult when they're spooky, and we all go for the clean kill for sure, but I'll be a lot more careful on uphill shots from now on. I've ever had an animal so hard to kill than a wounded deer on the run. I wish you ALL good shooting. Take care. (I'm glad you got your deer safely).

BCJunior
11-07-2007, 07:26 PM
Perfect Shot!!!