PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a liberty bow?

TGF
11-07-2007, 09:14 AM
I have a friend in Alberta who has a buddy that shoots a liberty bow and just raves about it. Shows up at some meets and gets laughed at until he starts shooting. Anyone have any experience with them?

http://www.libertyarchery.com/

20.5 inches axle to axle
Only weight 2.3 lbs

Bow Walker
11-07-2007, 10:26 AM
A couple years ago I shot an indoor 3D shoot at Nanoose Bay. One guy had a Liberty there. :shock: :confused:

It was really fast, it is as it looks in that it is very small, it is a tad awkward though (at least for the owner it was), and your form re; bow hand would have to be nearly perfect to shoot with anything other than 'average' accuracy.

Regardless of the above, the owner was proud of it and did manage to shoot fairly well during the shoot. One thing that I noticed though - it wasn't the quietest bow in the barn.

Actually it was pretty noisy. :? But he didn't have much (if anything) on it for either sound dampening or stabilization.

It was more of a novelty than anything else. I can't see someone either hunting with it or using it as a target bow on the circuits.:|

Bowzone_Mikey
11-07-2007, 07:37 PM
I have seen your buddys friend ... yep yer right he gets laughed at when he walks in .... But the laughing dont stop when he starts shooting ... the laughing stops because everying is in awe that something like that can actually propell an arrow downrange .... ... Its not an accurate bow .... the only reason it actually hits a target is the Bowman bow(type) grip, Its a trinket in my opinion ... like a sling shot ..... think of the liberty as a crossbow without a stock .... (I am not a fan of a crossbow either...)

TGF
11-07-2007, 08:06 PM
Thanks for the input guys.
This guy shoots with a red dot laser site and claims it to be very accurate and has taken deer as well as moose.
I shoot a crossbow as only have one eye and try as I might I can't switch arms when shooting. I see out my left eye and hold a bow in my left hand so makes for awkward lean over and innaccurate so went with crossbow.
Some bow guys tell me to just keep practicing but its not working.
Its my friend in Alberta thats thinking about buying one. I told him I would post on here for others view. Thanks again.

jimb60
11-08-2007, 08:29 AM
I own a diamond liberty its a great bow no one laughts at me!
It put down a elk this year. Going to buy another one for me daughter,

pupper
11-08-2007, 08:56 AM
I own a diamond liberty its a great bow no one laughts at me!
It put down a elk this year. Going to buy another one for me daughter,

a diamond liberty is not what we are talking about, check out the link the thread starter posted.

btw my vote is for novelty purposes

SPEYMAN
11-08-2007, 11:27 AM
Sounds like the same comments when compounds first showed up.