PDA

View Full Version : Moose Hunting Region 7:07

waymark123
07-07-2021, 06:43 PM
Moving up to Williams Lake Aug 1st. My son and I got a moose draw in 7:07 Prince George area. My son just got his license and can't wait to get my feet on the ground. Going to try hunting south of Eaglet lake, first time in the area. Should be a great outing weather we get something or not.

Philblock
07-09-2021, 08:51 AM
Lots of private land around eaglet lake. I would look into going to a different spot. Just a suggestion

Downtown
07-09-2021, 09:25 AM
Definitively a good area. I don't know the present statistic but 30 years ago the area south of Eaglet Lake held the highest Moose concentration in all of North-America. Tons of Bears including Grizzly in that area to not to mention a very sizable Wolf Pack.

Good Camping spots for Campers directly off the Road near Giscome on Eaglet Lake.

Cheers

wallz
07-09-2021, 11:53 PM
How long are you going to be up in PG on the hunt? I have a few spots you could try, if you have a map book, or some kind of map I could show you some areas to check out.
I wan't successful on this draw this year.

browningboy
07-10-2021, 07:37 AM
Try the beaver-bear road, well we hunted it 20 years ago and got moose but it may be all grown in now? Hit google earth

Bigdoggdon
07-11-2021, 11:23 AM
Try up the hill from eaglet lake in the Aleza lake area. It's a little thick in there but there's quite a few moose.

RackStar
07-11-2021, 11:42 AM
7-7 id head over towards the bowron River. Great country for moose there.

250 sav
07-11-2021, 12:49 PM
Been about 15 years but coalmine rd, willow bowron, tsus mtn, wansa, pitoney, grizzly lake is where would get our moose.

emerson
07-11-2021, 07:06 PM
Walk down along the Willow or Bowron. Call, move slow, take an elk tag. Oh ya, grizzlies in there too, keep your eyes open.

CaptainRon
07-13-2021, 08:49 AM
If you want to do virtual scouting forget Google earth, images are years old. Try sentinal playground, the satelite images are updated almost daily.

Arctic Lake
07-13-2021, 09:13 AM
That seems like a great product ! What level are you purchasing ?
Arctic Lake
If you want to do virtual scouting forget Google earth, images are years old. Try sentinal playground, the satelite images are updated almost daily.

250 sav
07-13-2021, 11:05 AM
Walk down along the Willow or Bowron. Call, move slow, take an elk tag. Oh ya, grizzlies in there too, keep your eyes open.

Yes lots of grizzlies!

Arctic Lake
08-09-2021, 09:39 PM
Any more information on this product Captain Ron ? Anyone else use it ?
Arctic Lake

srupp
08-09-2021, 11:12 PM
Moving up to Williams Lake Aug 1st. My son and I got a moose draw in 7:07 Prince George area. My son just got his license and can't wait to get my feet on the ground. Going to try hunting south of Eaglet lake, first time in the area. Should be a great outing weather we get something or not.

Hmm welcome to the POND..LOL
When things settle down..give me a call..I'm in the phone book I'll put on coffee. .
Cheers
Steven Rupp
Srupp

waymark123
09-11-2021, 11:51 PM
How long are you going to be up in PG on the hunt? I have a few spots you could try, if you have a map book, or some kind of map I could show you some areas to check out.
I wan't successful on this draw this year.

I will be in the area from Oct 1st until the 18th , any info that you are willing to share would be great. I usually hunt in the 7-11 area - I have a map book, would love to try out some spots-

Thank You

Jerry

waymark123
09-12-2021, 07:41 PM
Thank you for the info, I do have a Elk tag as well, I was hunting in Summer Lake area for Elk awhile ago and ran into 5 grizzly bears in two days. We did end up getting two Elk out of the area.

Thanks for the info

Regards

Jerry

Silver Stones
09-13-2021, 10:08 AM
Congrats on the draw - I've hunted it before, and it's a pretty neat area.

My wife and I have explored a bunch of roads around the Bowron and Willow rivers over the last couple weeks, and due to washouts and a lack of forestry activity, most of the roads that show up on maps/online either don't connect or are no longer passable. That being said, if you're willing to do a bit of hiking there isn't a ton of pressure (or at least not like there was in years past).