PDA

View Full Version : Binoculars

B
11-06-2007, 06:47 PM
Hi everyone, I have decided on the Nikon binoculars either in the 8 or 10 magnification. I was wondering between the dream season or monarch series? I understand the dream season is only available in the us but the 56mm lens sounds good. I am wondering about the quality of lens used in the dream season, is it the same as the monarch? Any info or opinions would be appreciated.:smile:

brotherjack
11-06-2007, 07:29 PM
I like 8x42's myself - enough exit pupil for my less than perfect eyes in pretty much any light conditions, and low enough zoom they don't shake too bad when I'm looking at stuff.

No clue about DreamSeason series vs Monarch.

RMG
11-06-2007, 08:05 PM
According to Mark Drury of Drury Outdoors the Nikon Dream Season binos are Monarch ATB's with their Dream Season Logo on.

B
11-06-2007, 08:37 PM
Thanks for the info guys, I am leaning towards the 8.5x56mm, anybody have any experience with these? I would go to a higher magnification but you lose clarity, is this still true with the bigger lens? Since they don't have these available here it is hard to compare and any info would be appreciated.

B
11-06-2007, 09:27 PM
Anybody have any experiences with these wide angle dream series bino's from Nikon?