PDA

View Full Version : Bald Eagle Drowns Fawn

Harvest the Land
06-24-2021, 06:31 AM
Haven't seen this before. Good on the filmer for not freaking out and ruining this great footage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78M1JOL0IIQ

MRP
06-24-2021, 06:55 AM
Wolf of the sky, thats life in the wild. But I still would have chased the eagle off. If a coyote or wolf I would have shot it.

Livewire322
06-24-2021, 08:18 AM
Somebody should tell that eagle that it’s illegal to take a swimming animal, unless it was previously wounded.

Bustercluck
06-24-2021, 08:22 AM
Time to start shooting bald eagles too…

Downtown
06-24-2021, 08:24 AM
Thanks for posting !

Thanks

NO IDEAS
06-24-2021, 08:36 AM
Mother nature at it's best.
thanks for sharing

Drillbit
06-24-2021, 08:45 AM
Is there another video? Would like to see what it did after that?

Strong enough to drag it onto shore?

Blacktail1
06-24-2021, 08:55 AM
Cool stuff.

decker9
06-24-2021, 12:04 PM
Iv gotten quite a few cam videos of eagles diving at new goat kids, wasn’t that long ago they were treaded as any other predator.

tadpole
06-24-2021, 02:41 PM
I witnessed once bald Eagle almost drown by big red spring on Sushwap River

tigrr
06-25-2021, 06:27 AM
There are several videos of eagle knocking lambs and kid goats off of mountains and landing to eat the animal.
I have watched eagles scare coyotes off a gut pile and keep them off.

mastercaster
06-25-2021, 08:04 AM
Is there another video? Would like to see what it did after that?

Strong enough to drag it onto shore?

The eagle would probably bring the fawn to shore the same way they do with a large fish. They use their wings like a butterfly stroke in swimming. I've seen a couple of eagles up at a lake I fish do it several times. There're big fish in the lake, up to 10 pounds, and even though the fish are being release there are idiots taking too many hero shots so the fish is out of the water WAY too long.

After a ton of revival they end up swimming away only to float to the surface shortly after. At least the eagle doesn't let them go to waste but it's a bloody shame they had to die in the first place.

Ron.C
06-25-2021, 08:34 AM
The eagle would probably bring the fawn to shore the same way they do with a large fish. They use their wings like a butterfly stroke in swimming. I've seen a couple of eagles up at a lake I fish do it several times.

Yep. I see this every fall while duck hunting the Salt Water estuary at the river mouth when the Salmon are coming in.

It usually results in several eagle's trying to take the fish.

Had eagles harass my lab a bunch of times when she's retrieving a bird. Actually packed up and left one day as one particular eagle was extremely agressive and I didnt want to wait for my dog get a talon in the back of the neck.