PDA

View Full Version : Snow on Lawless/Tulameen FSR?

MichelD
06-16-2021, 10:10 AM
Hello folks,

Does anyone know what the snow level looks like on the Lawless/Tulameen road and side roads?

Thank you.

Michel

RICKADY
06-17-2021, 07:02 AM
I would think they should be clear, but might be some pockets of snow in the shade,

Iron Glove
06-17-2021, 09:02 AM
I'm sitting here at our Tulameen "Estate", chatted with a local who came up via Lawless "a couple of weeks ago" and it was clear all the way. No idea of the side roads. Son lives in Princeton, he did the Coalmont - Mine - Tulameen FSR - Lawless route a few weeks ago, basically clear then but many of the side roads were crappy. It's been pretty warm the past few days and should be hot for a bit now so what's left of the snow is going quickly. If I hear anything further will post up.

MichelD
06-17-2021, 11:09 AM
I'm sitting here at our Tulameen "Estate", chatted with a local who came up via Lawless "a couple of weeks ago" and it was clear all the way. No idea of the side roads. Son lives in Princeton, he did the Coalmont - Mine - Tulameen FSR - Lawless route a few weeks ago, basically clear then but many of the side roads were crappy. It's been pretty warm the past few days and should be hot for a bit now so what's left of the snow is going quickly. If I hear anything further will post up.

Thank you very much!

DannyO
06-17-2021, 11:26 AM
No snow at all I was through 3 weeks ago

Iron Glove
06-17-2021, 12:32 PM
No snow at all I was through 3 weeks ago

Yup but since then there has been a bit of snow up high, Princeton had a few flakes and frost a few day ago.
From Tulameen I can't see any snow on Jackson, Boulder or any of the other Mtns.

Ohwildwon
06-17-2021, 05:20 PM
No snow, just lots of massive puddles..

Iron Glove
06-18-2021, 10:54 PM
Have spoken with folks who took Lawless 3 days, 2 days, yesterday and today, all say no problems.

Livewire322
05-25-2022, 09:58 AM
Anyone make the trip up Tulameen from the Coq over the long weekend?
I’m not expecting it to be snow-free, but hoping it’s passable.

Leaseman
05-25-2022, 11:45 AM
Was up Britton Creek Sunday, no way was I trying to go more than a km......solid ice with corn snow, could hardly walk on it////

Livewire322
05-25-2022, 01:04 PM
Was up Britton Creek Sunday, no way was I trying to go more than a km......solid ice with corn snow, could hardly walk on it////

Figures, thanks for the update

Steeleco
05-25-2022, 04:31 PM
I heard that there is so much damage on Lawless heading east to town that it could be years before its open again.

Iron Glove
05-25-2022, 07:59 PM
I heard that there is so much damage on Lawless heading east to town that it could be years before its open again.

There's a number of wash outs and such on Lawless, can't get through and yes, probably wont get any attention for years. Tulameen River Road is a mess too so basically you get to Tulameen via Princeton on Coalmont road or from the Connector down 5A and onto Coalmont Road. The KVR is shut all the way from Princeton to the South end of Otter Lake then shut down at the North end of the Lake. A whole new World.

Would Rather Be Fishing
06-21-2022, 02:39 PM
Drove Tulameen from Britton Cr. last Sunday - road has a big "closed" sign in the beginning but is in great condition, up to the first River crossing (little creek, forget the name, not Tulameen River) - big excavator in front with "Bridge closed" painted on it and yellow tape blocking off the bridge.

Question: Can anyone confirm it's possible to reach Tulameen FSR across the Tulameen River from the other side, via either Tulameen Town or Blakeburn FSR?

Salmon Belly
06-21-2022, 03:34 PM
Drove Tulameen from Britton Cr. last Sunday - road has a big "closed" sign in the beginning but is in great condition, up to the first River crossing (little creek, forget the name, not Tulameen River) - big excavator in front with "Bridge closed" painted on it and yellow tape blocking off the bridge.

Question: Can anyone confirm it's possible to reach Tulameen FSR across the Tulameen River from the other side, via either Tulameen Town or Blakeburn FSR?

nope, completely impassable both from Tulameen river road in town and also Blake burn going up Coalmont way - was there last week completely blocked, road is gone multiple sections

Would Rather Be Fishing
06-21-2022, 04:05 PM
Ok thanks, saved me an unnecessary trip....

Andrewh
06-21-2022, 05:27 PM
Went into the area this past weekend. I managed to get through a slide and a few washouts on B-Lawless before I was turned around shortly after the cattle guard. (from from coq -> tulameen.

The washout has completely taken out the road, and not even room to get a quad around as it comes off a steep bank to a vanished road into a 50ft vertical gulch. From a strictly selfish perspective, I am not overly upset as the area is going to get a major rest/recovery from the loads of hunters driving the area.

Foot or bike is the only way towards the burn!!!

Iron Glove
06-21-2022, 07:28 PM
nope, completely impassable both from Tulameen river road in town and also Blake burn going up Coalmont way - was there last week completely blocked, road is gone multiple sections

Yup, and the word is that it'll be awhile before Lawless gets fully repaired and that the Tulameen River Road, which has been a mess for years will never be repaired except at the Tulameen end where there are houses. Ford Street is also impassible to Toyotas. :wink: