PDA

View Full Version : Track Soup

Sharkey
11-05-2007, 12:04 PM
My friend and I went out yesterday to Region 3 for an all day'er and saw a couple of very nice mulie bucks. We surprised them in a cut block - they were about 300 yards away and we couldn't identify them properly so we watched them Am-Scray into the bush. I pushed to go find them but had an unwilling hunting partner. ARGH!! "They were probably only 3 pointers anyhow..." Yeah right... Saw lots of tracks in the snow up higher, and lots of rabbit tracks too. I'm quite surprised we didn't see any does - isn't rut season upon us? Oh well... it's Track Soup tonight and we'll head over to Region 8 on wednesday and see what is there. And I'm making her walk!!
~D

Fisher-Dude
11-05-2007, 12:42 PM
You gonna put a recipe for that in NH's Recipe Book? 8)

Look down lower for the bucks, I've found that they have come off the higher spots with snow and are looking for love in the lowlands. Good luck!

thatskindafunny
11-05-2007, 08:10 PM
Well, it sounds like my soup is a little better than yours. I have for the last 38 years called it track & sign soup. That extra ingredient makes it that much tastier.

boxhitch
11-05-2007, 08:21 PM
Was up at 1600 m. today, to find 3 new rubs that weren't there 4 days ago. There was very little snow. So, if thats 'down lower'........

Fisher-Dude
11-05-2007, 09:05 PM
Was up at 1600 m. today, to find 3 new rubs that weren't there 4 days ago. There was very little snow. So, if thats 'down lower'........

Those were from porcupines eatin the trees. :wink:

I saw most of the mulie action (and bagged the buck) at about 1200 m. Were you looking for whities or mulies?

boxhitch
11-05-2007, 09:28 PM
Its Mulies on that ridge. WT's are at the creek, part way down.