PDA

View Full Version : LEH Draw results

Ltbullken
05-28-2021, 12:25 PM
So draw closes at midnight so figuring Tuesday (government flex day on Mondays etc.) results will be up, eh?

Blacktail1
05-28-2021, 12:29 PM
I will go out on a limb and say I got sfa

RainyLaker
05-28-2021, 12:32 PM
I will go out on a limb and say I got sfa

I'm pretty sure I got my elk draw. Part of my Horgan bucks.

markt308
05-28-2021, 12:32 PM
That would be about a month ahead of every other year if that happened haha. But hey ya never know

Fella
05-28-2021, 12:46 PM
You’re a newer hunter right? I would actually be surprised if you didn’t draw a tag like that in the next couple years. Seems new hunters have horseshoes up their butts.

wideopenthrottle
05-28-2021, 12:47 PM
https://www.all-about-moose.com/limited-entry-hunting.html

I post this every year on the guess the date thread...these guys have a list of dates for draws...they have the opening date listed for 2021 so far instead of the draw date

RainyLaker
05-28-2021, 01:51 PM
You’re a newer hunter right? I would actually be surprised if you didn’t draw a tag like that in the next couple years. Seems new hunters have horseshoes up their butts.

I'll try to keep my yap shut.

Is June 24th taken?

wideopenthrottle
05-28-2021, 01:52 PM
guess someone will have to resurrect the old one or start a new one for this year

KBC
05-28-2021, 02:44 PM
I wish I got that memo…I started 7 years ago and put in for draws usually 5-1 or better. I still haven’t drawn anything yet hahaha.

Edit: This year I gave up on trying to just get a draw and put in for all the long odds dream stuff. It would be funny if this was the year I finally drew a tag.

horseman2
05-28-2021, 03:31 PM
Just don't hold your breath waiting . . .

swampthing
05-28-2021, 06:12 PM
I already bought a new rifle for my upcoming buf draw! A new scope purchase should seal that tag! I have also had the same moose draw 2 years running so I imagine they will give me that one as well, beings how I know the area well now!

tigrr
05-28-2021, 06:46 PM
28 applications and zero draws. Not holding my breath.

4 point
05-29-2021, 09:32 AM
I think one had better win a lotto draw before some of us will ever win a LEH tag!

"skma"
05-29-2021, 09:48 AM
its still open for those that forgot extended 2 more days:shock::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Fella
05-29-2021, 10:03 AM
its still open for those that forgot extended 2 more days:shock::mrgreen::mrgreen:
Good grief this happens every year.

Ron.C
05-29-2021, 10:30 AM
love this time of year. Dreaming of potential LEH draws and scheming about what to do if I don't get drawn. Have had great luck in the past 10 years drawing moose, Vancouver Island elk, grizzly, mule deer doe and 3 goat tags (goat tags were nearly a gimme in the unit I usually apply in).

Really hoping to score on a group moose this year but threw in for a late season Island rifle cow elk draw too. My odds are still reduced since I won my island elk in 2018 but you never know. My best friend won his second island elk tag last year, 3 years after he won his first tag and I know 3 others who have been drawn twice within 2-4 years of their first tag.

Good luck everyone. My guess is June 22nd at 10:15 am

IslandWanderer
05-29-2021, 12:09 PM

Me too. Odds are something like 150 to 1, but this might be my year to win one.

fuzzybiscuit
05-29-2021, 12:14 PM
I’m sure glad they opened the Rosie draw up to out of province hunters. Maybe this will be my year...

huntcoop
05-29-2021, 01:34 PM
I’m self identifying so the worlds my oyster.

Bugle M In
05-29-2021, 01:54 PM
I am hoping i get my moose leh for ek.
If not, then i am going to say the system is F'd.
Been doing it for years, both myself and hunting partner, with zippo for a permit.
Odds arent that high in there.

Otherwise, i feel alberta might have the better system.
Not holding my breath, and thinking sfa also.

RyoTHC
05-29-2021, 02:21 PM
I think one had better win a lotto draw before some of us will ever win a LEH tag!

Some people have horrible luck...

me and my partner have been hunting since fall 2017 and have had 4 LEH including two bull moose tags last year... guess we won’t get anything else ever again so I should quit applying lol

MichelD
05-29-2021, 02:53 PM

I can't complain really. I've had three moose draws though I never did get a moose on those trips.

I've had a mountain goat LEH, a mountain sheep, several mule deer doe draws and three Vancouver Island Roosevelt elk draws. Got two of the elk (a 6x7 bull and a cow) and skunked on the third one.

.330 Dakota
05-29-2021, 06:41 PM
Ive actually figured out the system. If there is access into the area...NO TAGS,,,if there is game in the area...NO TAGS
if there is no game in the area...MANY TAGS if there is no access into the area...MANY TAGS
Thus it explains while the Griz hunt was on, the Tumbler area was polluted with bears, you could see 5 a day from your truck,,,ONE TAG PER YEAR

MRP
05-30-2021, 08:42 AM
Dads life advice. “Don’t expect anything and you will never be disappointed.”

Fella
05-30-2021, 08:58 AM
I’ve been drawn twice in the 8 years I’ve been hunting. Shared moose hunt and an island Rosie hunt

303carbine
05-30-2021, 09:28 AM
I believe it has something to do with the size of your "donation" that determines if you get a draw.:mrgreen:

Bugle M In
05-30-2021, 12:53 PM
Dads life advice. “Don’t expect anything and you will never be disappointed.”
Yup, live my life like that.
Have to say though, it can make things a little slow at times:tongue:

emerson
05-30-2021, 01:02 PM
If I get any of the extremely unlikely draws I put in for I guess hunting is #1 this fall.
My guess is June 28, 15:30 Pacific time.

fuzzybiscuit
05-30-2021, 03:12 PM
I've got to feel for you guys. I miss hunting in BC but the draw system is so much better here in Alberta.

I know that this year I can pull a bull moose draw tag in my area if I choose to. Early season is a gimme. I've been buying late-season undersubscribed bull moose tags for 4 years and just letting my priority build. Most years I can find a bull in the late season if I'm not picky. I might do that again this year because a good buddy can pull his draw tag this year and he's never shot a bull moose. I'm a priority 7 for bull elk which also gives me a lot of good management units that I could pull a draw tag in if I wanted. There are also open areas for 3-point or 5-point and better bulls. Cow elk can be had every couple years on draw and you can get a late-season undersubscribed tag every year. Tough hunt at -25 some years though. Rifle Muleys in the area I like to hunt is a draw every 2 or 3 years right now, with open bow season the years in between. So I can hunt them with a reasonable chance at getting a good buck every year. Antlered Whitetails are over the counter tag and the antlerless supplemental OTC tags you can take 2 each year up where I'm at. Black Bears are everywhere if a guy wanted to hunt them. I don't since moving here. Most sheep draws are lottery but there are a few priority ones too. Some areas are OTC tags. Goats are draw but I did enough goat hunting when I grew up in BC. Cats are OTC and wolves are open.

Don't get me wrong, there is still some great OTC hunting in BC and I do miss it. I just like the priority system here much better and its nice to know that if I wanted to plan a early season bull moose hunt this year an hour from home I will have a tag. I really don't miss putting my donation in for a Rosie draw each year to get SFA year over year then see dozens of great bulls while out hunting Blacktails.

Huevos
06-07-2021, 08:04 PM
I would disagree with alberta being better than BC draws. I guess it helps to know that you wont be getting that moose draw for another 17 years unless you drive up north, where in bc that far north is over the counter for trophy bulls. Once in a lifetime goat draws....great! No stones, no rosies, no blacktails, no sitka blacktails, no dalls, Black bears in bc on a regular day of hunting is about the same either province, great bears all across Canada. Wait years for a mule deer draw, no thanks. I'm glad you can buy otc whitetailed deer, but so can BC. Bottom line is there is way more hunting opportunity in BC, hands down, and if a guy is ambitious enough to drive for a few hours, you can hunt otc goat, rocky mountain elk, moose, sheep, whitetail, blacktail, sitka blacktail (15), mule deer, cougar, lynx, bear, wolverine, bobcat, wolf, coyote, fox, stone sheep, caribou, big horn, california big horn, turkey, etc. and we have a LEH for dalls, roosevelt elk and bison. The only thing we are lacking that Alberta has are speed goats. and even that takes near 10 years to draw over there. I think I will take my chances hunting over here, but hey, at least you can plan your hunt coming up 7 yrs down the road!

Blacktail1
06-07-2021, 08:05 PM
I would disagree with alberta being better than BC draws. I guess it helps to know that you wont be getting that moose draw for another 17 years unless you drive up north, where in bc that far north is over the counter for trophy bulls. Once in a lifetime goat draws....great! No stones, no rosies, no blacktails, no sitka blacktails, no dalls, Black bears in bc on a regular day of hunting is about the same either province, great bears all across Canada. Wait years for a mule deer draw, no thanks. I'm glad you can buy otc whitetailed deer, but so can BC. Bottom line is there is way more hunting opportunity in BC, hands down, and if a guy is ambitious enough to drive for a few hours, you can hunt otc goat, roosevelt elk, rocky mountain elk, moose, sheep, whitetail, blacktail, sitka blacktail (15), mule deer, cougar, lynx, bear, wolverine, bobcat, wolf, coyote, fox, stone sheep, caribou, big horn, california big horn, turkey, etc. ANd we have a LEH for dalls and bison. The only thing we are lacking that Alberta has are speed goats. and even that takes near 10 years to draw over there. I think I will take my chances hunting over here, but hey, at least you can plan your hunt coming up 7 yrs down the road! 33 years putting in for elk in bc and zero draws... bc sucks .

fuzzybiscuit
06-07-2021, 09:42 PM
I would disagree with alberta being better than BC draws. I guess it helps to know that you wont be getting that moose draw for another 17 years unless you drive up north, where in bc that far north is over the counter for trophy bulls. Once in a lifetime goat draws....great! No stones, no rosies, no blacktails, no sitka blacktails, no dalls, Black bears in bc on a regular day of hunting is about the same either province, great bears all across Canada. Wait years for a mule deer draw, no thanks. I'm glad you can buy otc whitetailed deer, but so can BC. Bottom line is there is way more hunting opportunity in BC, hands down, and if a guy is ambitious enough to drive for a few hours, you can hunt otc goat, rocky mountain elk, moose, sheep, whitetail, blacktail, sitka blacktail (15), mule deer, cougar, lynx, bear, wolverine, bobcat, wolf, coyote, fox, stone sheep, caribou, big horn, california big horn, turkey, etc. and we have a LEH for dalls, roosevelt elk and bison. The only thing we are lacking that Alberta has are speed goats. and even that takes near 10 years to draw over there. I think I will take my chances hunting over here, but hey, at least you can plan your hunt coming up 7 yrs down the road!

I apparently touched a soft spot. Lol. I didn’t mean to offend you.

BC does have some fantastic hunting for sure. I never said it didn’t and while I’ve made the best of the last 8 years here in Alberta I prefer to hunt in BC myself.

What I meant to imply was that the limited entry hunting system in Alberta is much better than the system in BC. I put in for 29 years for a Rosie draw without a sniff while I know another family of 3 that have had 5 draws total. That’s a screwed up system.

warnniklz
06-07-2021, 09:45 PM
Since 2016 (when they started keeping digital copies) I've applied for 29 LEH draws (not including the 6 I put in this year) and have been successful 9 times in the draw and have filled 1 of those tags (not that I haven't had the chance to fill more).

31% success in drawing
11% fill rate (on the 31% success) / .04% fill rate on applications

2020 results were out June 22
2019 results were out June 24
2018 results were out June 19 (1st time 100% online)
2017 results were out June 15 (last paper applicaitions)

Redthies
06-08-2021, 06:13 AM
I wish I got that memo…I started 7 years ago and put in for draws usually 5-1 or better. I still haven’t drawn anything yet hahaha.

Edit: This year I gave up on trying to just get a draw and put in for all the long odds dream stuff. It would be funny if this was the year I finally drew a tag.

I’m the same as you. Never drawn squat. Not holding my breath this year either.

Norwestalta
06-08-2021, 06:23 AM

BC does have some fantastic hunting for sure. I never said it didn’t and while I’ve made the best of the last 8 years here in Alberta I prefer to hunt in BC myself.

What I meant to imply was that the limited entry hunting system in Alberta is much better than the system in BC. I put in for 29 years for a Rosie draw without a sniff while I know another family of 3 that have had 5 draws total. That’s a screwed up system.

I agree BC has some great hunting opportunities but the LEH system is less then desirable imo. I do like the AB priority system.

jac
06-08-2021, 06:44 AM
Agreed. I would much prefer a point system like Alberta

Rackmastr
06-08-2021, 07:25 AM
Alberta is a broken system as well.

A combination of preference/bonus points or a certain number of draws issued to preference points and a certain ratio issued to random lottery would be a great mix. A bonus point system may also work, or a weighted bonus point system, similar to some US states that run that way.

tater
06-08-2021, 07:46 AM
A pure lottery system is the most fair. Everyone has the exact same chance of drawing. Those of you that look at odds and go "Oh, 5:1 means i should get drawn every five years if i keep putting in" don't understand stats.
Do you 6-49 purchasers complain about the unicorns that have won more than once? They got lucky. Just like the LEH.

States that run points based systems are running into massive issues. Guys that have spent 30 plus years PAYING FOR POINTS realizing that they are unlikely to draw in their lifetimes. Points systems will guarantee that many draws will be once in a lifetime tags due to point creep and trying to rebuild preference points.
Do some homework on other jurisdictions and be careful what you wish for.

Besides, we live in a place where you can hunt every species (yes,i know not necessarily every sub-species) on a general tag. There are folks in the world who are beyond envious of our OTC opportunities.
Our OTC cupcake is huge. LEH is just sprinkles on the icing.

RobTurbo
06-08-2021, 11:12 AM
Alberta is an okay system IF you grew up there and started applying for tags as soon as possible. If you're an Adult onset hunter it's horrible for certain species. If you're like me and moved here at 35, good luck with getting any Sheep draws in your lifetime.

I cannot wait to be back in BC and have the same chances as everyone else to draw a tag for certain areas. But realistically the amount of OTC tag options in BC for world class trophy animals is unsurpassed anywhere. If you're bitching about lack of opportunities in BC you haven't lived anywhere else, or are too lazy to travel throughout the province.

Last thought, take advantage while you can. It is highly unlikely to get better moving forward in our emotionally charged cancel culture world.

RyoTHC
06-08-2021, 11:19 AM
This just in!

Leh cancelled this year due to pre planned fourth wave of covid, that is not effected by any of the vaccines. Triple mutant.

Norwestalta
06-08-2021, 12:27 PM
Alberta is an okay system IF you grew up there and started applying for tags as soon as possible. If you're an Adult onset hunter it's horrible for certain species. If you're like me and moved here at 35, good luck with getting any Sheep draws in your lifetime.

I cannot wait to be back in BC and have the same chances as everyone else to draw a tag for certain areas. But realistically the amount of OTC tag options in BC for world class trophy animals is unsurpassed anywhere. If you're bitching about lack of opportunities in BC you haven't lived anywhere else, or are too lazy to travel throughout the province.

Last thought, take advantage while you can. It is highly unlikely to get better moving forward in our emotionally charged cancel culture world.

Are you putting in for sheep as a non resident? If yes you are correct. I think they only give out 2 tags but as a resident there is Wmu's that dont require a draw.

RobTurbo
06-08-2021, 02:43 PM
Are you putting in for sheep as a non resident? If yes you are correct. I think they only give out 2 tags but as a resident there is Wmu's that dont require a draw.

Yes there are OTC sheep tags in AB. I was talking specifically to the Sheep Draws. Just like in BC there are OTC options and draw options.

Bubbacanuck
06-08-2021, 03:12 PM
This is my 4th year for putting in for the LEH draw and last year I was lucky to get our group moose hunt with two tags allocated and a whitetail doe draw. Luckily, we harvested a huge moose but I wasn’t able to go for my whitetail draw for personal reasons. My friend though has horse shoes:
2020 - moose group and EK goat
2019 - Bison shared
2018- pemberton mule doe
2017 - island Rosie elk
on and on

he gets at least one draw every year! Lucky dog

Norwestalta
06-08-2021, 04:40 PM
Yes there are OTC sheep tags in AB. I was talking specifically to the Sheep Draws. Just like in BC there are OTC options and draw options.

I'm unsure what the problem is then? You only want to hunt sheep in a specific wmu rather then one that has OTC tags? Not trying to come across as a peckerhead but maybe you should read your post a page back. I don't know how to quote specific sentences but it is the 2nd paragraph last 2 sentences. Seems contradictory to me.

Yes there is some long waits for some tags. After 10 years I finally drew a speed goat tag. Wait 10 years for a 5 day hunt to get it done in a day. I'm thankful I got the opportunity whereas in a lottery system it might've never happened.

fuzzybiscuit
06-08-2021, 05:05 PM
Yes there is some long waits for some tags. After 10 years I finally drew a speed goat tag. Wait 10 years for a 5 day hunt to get it done in a day. I'm thankful I got the opportunity whereas in a lottery system it might've never happened.

That was my point. On a priority system you may only get a prized draw a few times over the course of a lifetime of hunting, but you will get a draw. In a lottery system you may never get one while the next guy gets a few.

Norwestalta
06-08-2021, 05:15 PM
That was my point. On a priority system you may only get a prized draw a few times over the course of a lifetime of hunting, but you will get a draw. In a lottery system you may never get one while the next guy gets a few.

Yep I liken it to waiting in line at Walmart. You know you're gonna get there just a matter of time as to when. The only change our system required is proof of residency should be stricter. I think this might reduce draw wait times. Probably not substantial but who knows.

fuzzybiscuit
06-08-2021, 05:46 PM
Yep I liken it to waiting in line at Walmart. You know you're gonna get there just a matter of time as to when. The only change our system required is proof of residency should be stricter. I think this might reduce draw wait times. Probably not substantial but who knows.

I would think stricter proof of residency would considerably cut down on the amount of people hunting in my region. Proof of completing some form of hunter training course instead of just ticking a box saying you held a licence in another province would cut down on a lot of people too.

Norwestalta
06-08-2021, 05:54 PM
I would think stricter proof of residency would considerably cut down on the amount of people hunting in my region. Proof of completing some form of hunter training course instead of just ticking a box saying you held a licence in another province would cut down on a lot of people too.

I know what you mean b'y.

Huevos
06-08-2021, 08:35 PM
33 years putting in for elk in bc and zero draws... bc sucks .
YOu think it would be different with points? On vancouver island the lowest odds for a bull draw that I can see are 31 to 1. That means if you started now, you would have to put in for 31 years to get the draw with a points system. Most likely if this were in alberta it would be a true draw anyway. I do hope you put in again this year. It's your turn!

Huevos
06-08-2021, 08:38 PM

No worries, I don't think either systems are ideal. Some states have better systems, combo points and lottery. Rosie would most likely be on a true draw anyway if it were in Alberta. Kind of like bison in the park.

Norwestalta
06-08-2021, 09:38 PM
YOu think it would be different with points? On vancouver island the lowest odds for a bull draw that I can see are 31 to 1. That means if you started now, you would have to put in for 31 years to get the draw with a points system. Most likely if this were in alberta it would be a true draw anyway. I do hope you put in again this year. It's your turn!

Maybe I'm misunderstanding but the way I read it is 1 out of every 31 is drawn?

avidnwoutdoorsman
06-08-2021, 10:20 PM
There is no perfect system but the better systems I think are those like UT. 75% of the tags go to preference points, the ones with the most points get the tags. There is still significant point creep however, which is inevitable in any points system. But if you've done your time you are near the front of the line. Then 25% of the tags are put in a random draw. This makes sense to me. Everyone at the end of the day at least has a "chance".
Personally I dont mind BC, it's like ID. Lottery, everyone has the same odds. But ID does do a points system for the big 3 (moose, sheep, goat).

Something BC very much could do is
A) increase the cost for application of certain tags, it's amazing what $10 will do
B) They could make it so you have to buy the tag to apply, similar to A the additional cost will steer people away. Unfortunately this makes hunting a "rich man's" sport, and can put non-typical pressure to OTC units.

At the end of the day there isnt a perfect system and they all have there flaws. Depending on your views some more than others.

BC to me is like the company christmas party, there is always that one dude for whatever reason gets his ticket pulled every year. Everybody hates that guy.

It's incredible that in BC, you can go hunt every game species in the LEH via OTC. That is unheard of in the lower 48. I'd be taking advantage of this as much as I could while it last.

Huevos
06-08-2021, 11:10 PM
You are right. In that particular draw zone, there are 2 tags. We can assume that 62 people put in so your odds are 31 to one. It takes 31 years for all 62 people ahead of you to use their points if they let 2 tags a year out. Really sucks when you think about it. Looks like the popular zones and times are around 200 to one, so 10 generations down the road could use your priority?? That is why they would be a true draw regardless of being in alberta or BC What really sucks is someone that has more priority than you that was putting in for another zone can transfer to whatever their first choice is, making it an even longer wait..

Moose63
06-09-2021, 06:15 AM
A pure lottery system is the most fair. Everyone has the exact same chance of drawing. Those of you that look at odds and go "Oh, 5:1 means i should get drawn every five years if i keep putting in" don't understand stats.
Do you 6-49 purchasers complain about the unicorns that have won more than once? They got lucky. Just like the LEH.

States that run points based systems are running into massive issues. Guys that have spent 30 plus years PAYING FOR POINTS realizing that they are unlikely to draw in their lifetimes. Points systems will guarantee that many draws will be once in a lifetime tags due to point creep and trying to rebuild preference points.
Do some homework on other jurisdictions and be careful what you wish for.

Besides, we live in a place where you can hunt every species (yes,i know not necessarily every sub-species) on a general tag. There are folks in the world who are beyond envious of our OTC opportunities.
Our OTC cupcake is huge. LEH is just sprinkles on the icing.

Speaking of which....
https://canoe.com/news/provincial/triple-winner-port-dover-woman-wins-lottery-for-third-time/wcm/e1a69a0f-03b6-4fac-b189-b426d2f44f1a

willyqbc
06-09-2021, 08:04 AM
http://huntingbc.ca/forum/images/shades_of_green/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Huevos http://huntingbc.ca/forum/images/shades_of_green/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?p=2259617#post2259617)YOu think it would be different with points? On vancouver island the lowest odds for a bull draw that I can see are 31 to 1. That means if you started now, you would have to put in for 31 years to get the draw with a points system. Most likely if this were in alberta it would be a true draw anyway. I do hope you put in again this year. It's your turn!

Thats correct. 31 people enter for every 1 tag given out. in this group of 31 hunters, under a priority system, only one of them per year will get the one tag....so you are only guaranteed the draw every 31 years.

For some of our high odds hunts 100:1+ only the people who get in first if we ever switched, will ever even get a chance to go after the tag. if you are 75th in line for a tag that gives out one per year....what are the chances you'll be alive when you rack up enough priority??

Priority systems can work when you have odds under lets say 10:1, at that point its just an organizational technique to make sure the tags are distributed fairly, not really even a draw.

but we have so many higher odds draws in B.C., im 48 yrs old....not sure it makes sense starting to build points on a 30:1 tag. i'd likely be dead, or too old by the time I ever got drawn.
Our system isn't perfect for sure, but every year, EVERYONE entered has a shot!

Chris

Rackmastr
06-10-2021, 01:22 PM

The problem with that analogy is that there are draws in Alberta and other jurisdictions where unless you got in line at Walmart on Day 1, you'll be waiting over 200+ years to get 'served' waiting in line with "priority" lol. Thats part of the broken system.

bighornbob
06-10-2021, 04:00 PM
I remember reading a post on a US site where they were talking draws for sheep. One guy in his early 40's did the math and figured out he would not draw a tag in his lifetime so he started appying for his son, so hopefully he could at least see a ram up close before he was dead.

The point system is some what good if you get in on day one. The guy I talked about above said there were something like 50 people with the max 15 points. 46 people had like 14 points. Another 40 people had 13 points and so on and so on. They gave out like three tags or something in that state. Imagine a young kid starting hunting on his thirteenth birthday and dad says "hey lets start appying for sheep, when you turn 28 you will have max points then it should only be another 10 years or so before you get a tag. Not too many kids will stay hunting.

BHB

300H&H
06-10-2021, 05:47 PM
Date June 10th
I just looked (again) and the draw STILL has not take place.
I knew I should have sent along a BitCoin to increase my odds.

Ltbullken
06-11-2021, 09:40 PM
Well I'm actually injured this year so I guess that means that I'll probably get all my draws...

warnniklz
06-11-2021, 10:53 PM
I see the gooberment site will be down Sunday night until 11 am on monday

sako79
06-11-2021, 11:01 PM
I see the gooberment site will be down Sunday night until 11 am on monday

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/sports-culture/recreation/fishing-hunting/hunting/about-bc-hunting-online

It says it will be down at 5 a.m. on Sunday to 11 a.m. on Sunday not Monday

fuzzybiscuit
06-12-2021, 04:49 AM
I remember reading a post on a US site where they were talking draws for sheep. One guy in his early 40's did the math and figured out he would not draw a tag in his lifetime so he started appying for his son, so hopefully he could at least see a ram up close before he was dead.

I’m no math expert but would it not take the same amount of time in years to draw a tag whether the dad or son put in assuming they both start with zero points on the same year?

If the dad will be dead before he draws his own tag then he will also be dead before his son draws a tag. The only difference is the son may draw a tag in his own lifetime if he started at a young age where as if the dad starts putting in for the draw the same year but he is already 45 years old then he doesn't have enough years left to draw the tag.

JohnS
06-13-2021, 07:51 AM
i don’t think it was run as I can log on now and I couldn’t a hour ago oh well lol!

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/sports-culture/recreation/fishing-hunting/hunting/about-bc-hunting-online

It says it will be down at 5 a.m. on Sunday to 11 a.m. on Sunday not Monday

regulate34
06-13-2021, 03:13 PM
I’ve pulled 6 leh draws in 10 years.
usially put in for 4-5 draws a season.

I know some guys that get 2-3 draws a year.
but they also put in for remote areas with no drive in access.
they do some pretty gnarly hunts and charter a float plane or canoe and portage into some rugged areas.

if you want to drive your new truck and your fancy RV into a hunting spot and rack up km and burn fuel in your sxs.
well you get what you get.

lots of “heater” hunters now a days

at least you can still go hunting if you don’t pull a draw.

twoSevenO
06-13-2021, 09:43 PM
I’ve pulled 6 leh draws in 10 years.
usially put in for 4-5 draws a season.

I know some guys that get 2-3 draws a year.
but they also put in for remote areas with no drive in access.
they do some pretty gnarly hunts and charter a float plane or canoe and portage into some rugged areas.

if you want to drive your new truck and your fancy RV into a hunting spot and rack up km and burn fuel in your sxs.
well you get what you get.

lots of “heater” hunters now a days

at least you can still go hunting if you don’t pull a draw.

Do you even really need LEH if you're prepared to go that remote and dedicate that kind of time and money?

madcalfe
06-14-2021, 06:08 AM
Do you even really need LEH if you're prepared to go that remote and dedicate that kind of time and money?

I do a fly in every year and hunt general open season. LEH don't really matter to me unless its a kamloops lake sheep draw or a dall sheep in the tat

RackStar
06-14-2021, 07:01 AM
I got the Kamloops lake sheep draw this year sorry =)

fuzzybiscuit
06-14-2021, 07:09 AM

If you have unlimited funds to spend and time off to burn on hunting each year then the LEH would mean very little to you. The LEH only matters to those who don't have the time or funds to travel to those far-off spots where there are OTC tags available.

madcalfe
06-14-2021, 07:27 AM
I got the Kamloops lake sheep draw this year sorry =)
pffft keep dreaming :tongue: thats the reason why i never got the early season tat draw, just holding out for kamloops lake haha XD

RackStar
06-14-2021, 07:31 AM
Good luck!

madcalfe
06-14-2021, 07:50 AM
Good luck!
you as well. my hopes aren't high in all honesty lol

RyoTHC
06-14-2021, 09:33 AM
Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s early July we see the results, covid 4th wave delaying the digital draw.

cckraft
06-21-2021, 01:21 PM
And they are out! on June 21!