PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated, but trying to follow "the rules". Could use some advice

JIL_24/7
05-26-2021, 11:33 AM
Hello All,
So the travel restrictions were not lifted. I put my time off for Thursday when I thought we'd be free to travel, but now..........Anyhoo, I have my spots in region 3 that I always go to, but looks like that isn't happening. I have an off-road tent trailer and a quad. Is Carolin Mine Road even worth it? Is there someplace else I could head? I have no problem hiking, but the issue is I don't have a ton of time to get on bears as I only have a couple days. Really stinks when you work hard to scout an area, fix a quad that wasn't running, restore a trailer and now here I am. Any help appreciated!

Huntingtyler123
05-26-2021, 11:41 AM
Region three, fill up your truck with gear, food and gas and GO. The heat is off now the may long weekend is over. Travel early or travel late , no judgement here. Or stay and wait for the rest of your life lol. My 2 cents

russm
05-26-2021, 12:11 PM
Why wouldn't it happen? I was in region 3 2 weeks ago,no roadblocks, just go, we got gas when we left town and filled up at the pump to come home literally came in contact with noone.

adriaticum
05-26-2021, 12:24 PM
drive at night

Bubbacanuck
05-26-2021, 01:41 PM
All of the above hold true. I headed to Kelowna on Thursday last week and went through the road block. Everyone was being let through....they had only got setup by 3:30pm on the Coq that day. I would say go and don't worry too much, if worried, drive at night and you'll be fine.

tigrr
05-26-2021, 01:55 PM
There is no justification for any of this lock down. Go enjoy your hunt.

srupp
05-26-2021, 02:07 PM
Hmm society has rules. If you drive on the rd @ 200 kph there are consequences.
Let your moral compass be your guide.
The rules are there for a reason..
I don't won't judge.....
Srupp

russm
05-26-2021, 02:07 PM
There is no justification for any of this lock down. Go enjoy your hunt.

There's no lockdown,never has been

monasheemountainman
05-26-2021, 02:47 PM
Dr bon bon and premier dum dum have actually done a great job at scaring people into thinking theyre in a lockdown. it worked well and served its intended purpose perfectly, it CUT DOWN the amount of people travelling. these "road blocks" are not real you can literally tell them anything. its just again away to keep scared people home. which is prob half the population

monasheemountainman
05-26-2021, 02:50 PM
Dr bon bon and premier dum dum have actually done a great job at scaring people into thinking theyre in a lockdown. it worked well and served its intended purpose perfectly, it CUT DOWN the amount of people travelling. these "road blocks" are not real you can literally tell them anything. its just again away to keep scared people home. which is prob half the populationi

and just so we’re clear, I’m not calling anyone out, I mean people scared to break the rules not scared of getting covid.

Ride Red
05-26-2021, 02:53 PM
Go and be done with it.

Codes44
05-26-2021, 02:59 PM
Region 3 is large, lots of accessible area's to hunt there - you'll be fine. Good news is you can you still use your quad and use your trailer etc. anywhere in region 3 - hundreds of Km's of accessible roads etc.

Golddust
05-26-2021, 03:08 PM
To preface my statement - my sister works for BC Health and I had a long chat with her last night about her frustrations about Bonnie and Dix' plan for re-opening... Their recent opening of restaurants completely goes against the travel restriction and the current body of medical knowledge. The literal last thing we should be doing is opening indoor classes and restaurants... that is how COVID spread. However, as Fauci said 2 weeks ago, anything outside has an incredibly low chance of spreading I forget the numerical value they had stated, but the chance of spread from outdoors is laughably low.

This isn't about COVID and our health it is now become manipulated for political gain

Just go to your spot - you're not endangering anyone. You should be able to go out into the bush away from everyone to enjoy the outdoors

stogs
05-26-2021, 04:38 PM
I went through the roadblock with a quad in tow. Luckily I was traveling for work. Head to region 3 the bears are moving steady.

Huk
05-26-2021, 05:57 PM
Just go.
I travel to where I want still.
As far as I know it’s still a somewhat free country

whitlers
05-26-2021, 06:46 PM
I have been up to region 3 twice in the last 3 weeks on different hwys. No road blocks. If you do hit one then you are 'traveling for work'. Go enjoy your life man. If people want to put theirs on hold for the 'greater good' thats as much their choice as it is yours to go enjoy your yours. Individual responsibility..

Now if you aren't comfortable doing that and I won't judge either way. Their are plenty of good bear spots in Region 2.