PDA

View Full Version : Protect our hunting rights

Clarky
05-25-2021, 05:45 PM
This post is meant for anyone who enjoys the outdoors , hunting, fishing or recreating. As many of you already know , there is a legal battle with the Federal Government right now regarding land use issues over a large portion of our province . Certain First Nations groups are trying to take away our legal right as Canadian residents to access our own land for any reason , including hunting , fishing or merely to recreate in this beautiful province . Unfortunately, our elected Government is doing nothing but supporting these efforts and taking away from us what is rightfully ours . We have the right to access any crown land in the province as do these First Nations Organizations, however we can’t stop people from accessing them. These certain First Nations groups think that they can stop us from going to OUR TRADITIONAL TERRITORY by threatening people and seeking the support of the Government . Local police and Conservation Officer services are not supporting the actions of these First Nations groups because they are ILLEGAL !!! It is against the law to impede access to crown land and deter public access by means of protest or road block. It is legal to protest in British Columbia but it is also legal for people to access crown land . We ALL need to band together and FIGHT for our rights here , if we don’t we could lose access to our favourite spots forever. The NDP is going to back the First Nations and give them the rights to control these so called TRADITIONAL TERRITORIES they claim are theirs . This huge parcel of land in Northern British Columbia is OUR LAND , all of ours ... I for one will not let anyone tell me that I can’t hunt and area that I’ve hunted for 30 years just because a small group of people want it to themselves. That’s what this is about , it has nothing to do with Conservation or protecting the land , it’s about GREED . They want this land for themselves so that they can go abuse the resources without any interference from us or the British Columbian Government . If we lose this battle people , we will NEVER get this land back . Let’s all stand together united and fight for what’s OURS, we need to all do our part .

Blacktail1
05-25-2021, 05:47 PM
Well all I can say to traditional territory rights is .... you know where dinner is hanging . Try and stop me .

RackStar
05-25-2021, 06:14 PM
pretty entitled whitey

Blacktail1
05-25-2021, 06:15 PM
pretty entitled whitey
Pissed off more like . I’ll trade you my entitled card for your victim card straight across .

RackStar
05-25-2021, 06:16 PM
No victim games here bud, I work for my money.

RackStar
05-25-2021, 06:18 PM
Sincerely, normal white guy

Huk
05-25-2021, 06:56 PM
No victim games here bud, I work for my money.
Wrong. You work for 1/2 your money. The government steals the other half.

RackStar
05-25-2021, 07:04 PM
I’m happy it goes to a good honest cause

HappyJack
05-25-2021, 07:36 PM
Fight all you want, it will ultimately be decided by the Supreme Court of Canada. Precedent has already been set and they will WIN legal titles to their traditional territories....and there is nothing we can do about it but suck it up.

Keta1969
05-25-2021, 07:42 PM
Fight all you want, it will ultimately be decided by the Supreme Court of Canada. Precedent has already been set and they will WIN legal titles to their traditional territories....and there is nothing we can do about it but suck it up.

^^^^^^^^^^

Surrey Boy
05-25-2021, 11:17 PM
Canadian courts reverse their own precedent constantly.

Judicial activism is the name of the game, we just need to play it.

Bean
05-26-2021, 12:38 AM
canadian courts reverse their own precedent constantly.

Judicial activism is the name of the game, we just need to play it.

agreed. We cant fold this easy. For our future generations freedom !

Clarky
05-26-2021, 01:33 PM
I’d didn’t realize there was so many CLOWNS on this forum . Thanks to the members who take this seriously, the rest of the TROLLS can go back to playing their video games in moms basement....

Clarky
05-26-2021, 01:34 PM
Totally agree

Keta1969
05-26-2021, 01:48 PM
I’d didn’t realize there was so many CLOWNS on this forum . Thanks to the members who take this seriously, the rest of the TROLLS can go back to playing their video games in moms basement....

Well for a guy that hardly ever posts that's a good one. Before you came along this topic has been discussed endlessly on this site. As far as clowns have a look in the mirror.

Keta1969
05-26-2021, 01:50 PM
Totally agree

By the way why are you agreeing with yourself? Last time something like that happened someone was using 2 accounts and got mixed up.

Rob Chipman
05-26-2021, 02:35 PM
This post is meant for anyone who enjoys the outdoors , hunting, fishing or recreating. As many of you already know , there is a legal battle with the Federal Government right now regarding land use issues over a large portion of our province . Certain First Nations groups are trying to take away our legal right as Canadian residents to access our own land for any reason , including hunting , fishing or merely to recreate in this beautiful province . Unfortunately, our elected Government is doing nothing but supporting these efforts and taking away from us what is rightfully ours . We have the right to access any crown land in the province as do these First Nations Organizations, however we can’t stop people from accessing them. These certain First Nations groups think that they can stop us from going to OUR TRADITIONAL TERRITORY by threatening people and seeking the support of the Government . Local police and Conservation Officer services are not supporting the actions of these First Nations groups because they are ILLEGAL !!! It is against the law to impede access to crown land and deter public access by means of protest or road block. It is legal to protest in British Columbia but it is also legal for people to access crown land . We ALL need to band together and FIGHT for our rights here , if we don’t we could lose access to our favourite spots forever. The NDP is going to back the First Nations and give them the rights to control these so called TRADITIONAL TERRITORIES they claim are theirs . This huge parcel of land in Northern British Columbia is OUR LAND , all of ours ... I for one will not let anyone tell me that I can’t hunt and area that I’ve hunted for 30 years just because a small group of people want it to themselves. That’s what this is about , it has nothing to do with Conservation or protecting the land , it’s about GREED . They want this land for themselves so that they can go abuse the resources without any interference from us or the British Columbian Government . If we lose this battle people , we will NEVER get this land back . Let’s all stand together united and fight for what’s OURS, we need to all do our part .

I think you might be coming to this a bit late.

I hate repeating myself, and I'm sure a lot of guys are getting bored, but whaddaya going to do when people still don't agree on the nature of the challenge?

"Unceded" land is a real thing both in Canadian law and every system of Indigenous law that I am aware of. There is no real disagreement on that (unless you want to deny reality). It's been clearly established in Canadian law. Additionally, a concept called the "honour of the Crown" matters (it may not matter to you, me, Surrey Boy or Adriacticum, but it matters to the guys who make and enforce the rules here).

Unceded land means that the very concept of "Crown land" is up for debate. Claiming that "we have a legal right to access our Crown land" or that "It is against the law to impede access to crown land and deter public access by means of protest or road block" is largely wishful thinking. You can certainly make a good argument that BC or Canadian law forbids that sort of thing, but the fact is that the BC government allow the Tsilhqot'in Nation to block hunters from accessing crown land for hunting and advises hunters in the LEH communications taht this is a real thing. Crown land, like private property, just might not be what you think it is.

"Local police and Conservation Officer services are not supporting the actions of these First Nations groups..." Again, maybe you're new to this, but that statement is inaccurate. The opposite has actually been the case and very likely will be the case again.

"The NDP is going to back the First Nations and give them the rights to control these so called TRADITIONAL TERRITORIES they claim are theirs ." Maybe yes, maybe no, but when a FN "claims" a traditional territory that is, in fact, unceded, it's a claim that they might well win in the Supreme Court of Canada because the law is on their side. To describe that as an NDP provincial government giving FNs something is just inaccurate.

I could go on but I won't bore you. The threat of losing access is very real. The reasons that you think are causing it are inaccurate. It's really tough to win a battle when you don't understand what you're fighting or who your enemy is.

It's possible I'm completely misreading you, but we can figure that out really easily. You say "Let’s all stand together united and fight for what’s OURS, we need to all do our part".

How do you propose fighting and what exactly would "our part" be? Who is the enemy and what does victory look like?

quadrakid
05-26-2021, 02:50 PM
I think you might be coming to this a bit late.

I hate repeating myself, and I'm sure a lot of guys are getting bored, but whaddaya going to do when people still don't agree on the nature of the challenge?

"Unceded" land is a real thing both in Canadian law and every system of Indigenous law that I am aware of. There is no real disagreement on that (unless you want to deny reality). It's been clearly established in Canadian law. Additionally, a concept called the "honour of the Crown" matters (it may not matter to you, me, Surrey Boy or Adriacticum, but it matters to the guys who make and enforce the rules here).

Unceded land means that the very concept of "Crown land" is up for debate. Claiming that "we have a legal right to access our Crown land" or that "It is against the law to impede access to crown land and deter public access by means of protest or road block" is largely wishful thinking. You can certainly make a good argument that BC or Canadian law forbids that sort of thing, but the fact is that the BC government allow the Tsilhqot'in Nation to block hunters from accessing crown land for hunting and advises hunters in the LEH communications taht this is a real thing. Crown land, like private property, just might not be what you think it is.

"Local police and Conservation Officer services are not supporting the actions of these First Nations groups..." Again, maybe you're new to this, but that statement is inaccurate. The opposite has actually been the case and very likely will be the case again.

"The NDP is going to back the First Nations and give them the rights to control these so called TRADITIONAL TERRITORIES they claim are theirs ." Maybe yes, maybe no, but when a FN "claims" a traditional territory that is, in fact, unceded, it's a claim that they might well win in the Supreme Court of Canada because the law is on their side. To describe that as an NDP provincial government giving FNs something is just inaccurate.

I could go on but I won't bore you. The threat of losing access is very real. The reasons that you think are causing it are inaccurate. It's really tough to win a battle when you don't understand what you're fighting or who your enemy is.

It's possible I'm completely misreading you, but we can figure that out really easily. You say "Let’s all stand together united and fight for what’s OURS, we need to all do our part".

How do you propose fighting and what exactly would "our part" be? Who is the enemy and what does victory look like?

Don,t start confusing people with the facts.

Keta1969
05-26-2021, 02:53 PM
Thanks for the post Rob and explaining the realities of the situation.

Bigdoggdon
05-26-2021, 06:48 PM
The provincial NDP and the Federal Liberals are not going to support your hunting rights or your firearms rights. Do you know why? Because there were elected to power and they KNOW you didn't vote for them. They KNOW they don't need your support. They get MORE VOTES by infringing on your rights than by supporting them. We hunters and firearms owners are being led to the slaughter and our executioners are named Cancel Culture, Political Correctness and UNDRIP. The only thing that could reverse this impending doom would be MASSIVE civil unrest to the point that it has a severe effect on the economy. But we the marginalized minority are too busy with having real jobs, supporting our families and paying taxes to ever consider taking that step.

RackStar
05-26-2021, 08:14 PM
clarky you better get off your computer chair and stretch those legs cranky pants. If your so worried about it, you better get out there keep them damn Indians out of YOUR traditional hunting grounds. Instead you spout out a bunch of inaccurate information on the internet , sounding like a cute little snow flake

RackStar
05-26-2021, 08:19 PM
Once the crying is done why don’t you do something productive. Like share a hunt story and post a big buck pic

wildcatter
05-26-2021, 08:34 PM
The provincial NDP and the Federal Liberals are not going to support your hunting rights or your firearms rights. Do you know why? Because there were elected to power and they KNOW you didn't vote for them. They KNOW they don't need your support. They get MORE VOTES by infringing on your rights than by supporting them. We hunters and firearms owners are being led to the slaughter and our executioners are named Cancel Culture, Political Correctness and UNDRIP. The only thing that could reverse this impending doom would be MASSIVE civil unrest to the point that it has a severe effect on the economy. But we the marginalized minority are too busy with having real jobs, supporting our families and paying taxes to ever consider taking that step.

Exactly, I agree with you 100%.

J_T
05-27-2021, 08:06 AM
Rob. Thanks for taking the time to reply.