PDA

View Full Version : Muley #1

Untouchable
11-04-2007, 08:45 PM
It all started on Halloween night last week. I was down at a friends house drinkin in the barn after we finished moving some hay bails(buddy owns a horse farm) and the topic of hunting came up. Well by this time we were all feeling pretty good and we decided we were gonna go deer huntin on the weekend, which I am always game for. We ended up killing a bottle of crown, therefore causing a slumber party, which was followed closely by a call into work telling them I was sick...(which I was). Anyways back to the story, to my surprise I found out that my buddy not only still wanted to go hunting on the weekend(not just the alcohol talking) but wanted to take his truck up. Which was great because its a brand new hemi lonestar. We decided to head into some area's im familiar with up in region 8. We also decided to leave saturday morning at 4, putting us in the spot at approximitly light. To his credit he showed up right on time and we were off. He drove and I slept for most of the way and when I woke up at 645 we were already there(yeah it's got a hemi) :lol:
As usual on the way in we saw two decent bucks in no shooting area's, but what I was paying attention to was the does they were hanging around with. A little further up the road we saw more does, and when we got out of the truck and started hiking we saw......nothing. There was a little bit of old sign but the deer weren't as high as they were last week, so we decided to head in to a completely new area. We saw somewhere around fifty does, with only 5 bucks being spotted, three of which were dinks. We did lots of hiking and glassed across a valley, when we spotted another group. We decided to take the truck and drive around and see if we could get a better look.
On the way down the mountain we were on we saw two deer standing at the very back end of a cutblock. They saw us and instead of running they actually just backed up into a stand of tree's. They were acting funny, so I just kept watching them, when my buddy said there was a third deer coming out of the tree's. I had already seen him and was trying to count points. Four point season only where we were. It didn't take to long to see four on the passenger side and so the binoc's came don and I grabbed my 270 wsm. I only threw one shell in it, put the gun up, squeezed one of, man I love that accutrigger, and just smiled. The deer hunched at the shot, then veered off to his left and staggered out of sight.
My buddy asked if I felt good about the shot, and I was still just smiling. I put another one in the gun and went tracking. We went to where he was standing and followed his staggering footprints along with blood about twenty yards, and there he was lying on his side! We dragged him back to the road and then brought the truck down to him, got some pictures, then got to work.
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x105/themanfromsummerscreek/IMGP1222.jpg
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x105/themanfromsummerscreek/IMGP1223.jpg
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x105/themanfromsummerscreek/IMGP1226.jpg
We hunted again today, but came up short finding my buddy a buck, but he says were going again next weekend, and im driving.For the record it was 250 yard shot, took out both lungs and had almost zero meat damage. 140 grain Accubonds. It was as perfect of a hit as I have ever seen.
PS I dont want to hear any whining about the damn tongue hanging out!

WoodOx
11-04-2007, 08:46 PM
nice dude congrats

franklin3
11-04-2007, 08:46 PM
thats my boy ...heck yah

todbartell
11-04-2007, 09:08 PM
very nice buck, good job!

Steeleco
11-04-2007, 09:15 PM
Well done, especially for a first!

Will
11-04-2007, 10:52 PM
Congrats...Great buck 8-)

BlacktailStalker
11-04-2007, 11:06 PM
Nice buck, nice solid rack. Gotta love the 270WSM. Nice shot.

Grandbois
11-04-2007, 11:16 PM
nice buck, a real beaut, congrats

Tikka7mm
11-05-2007, 12:56 AM
pretty nice buck there!

hunter1947
11-05-2007, 06:58 AM
Nice job on the fine looking buck ,love your camo firearm and scope. Congrats.

Sharkey
11-05-2007, 08:16 AM
Nice Work! Look at that smile...

srupp
11-05-2007, 08:42 AM
WELL DONE !!!!! sweeeeeeeet ..

Steven

308BAR
11-05-2007, 09:00 AM
That is one heavy looking buck. Congrats!

4pointer
11-05-2007, 09:43 AM
Nice Buck you got there! Congrats on a nice buck

browningboy
11-05-2007, 09:46 AM
Nice job Untouchable, looks like a nice block where you got him, anyhow congrats!

JAFA
11-05-2007, 01:38 PM
Wow! Great story , Great Buck!
Jim.

BCJunior
11-05-2007, 01:38 PM
Big Buck!!! Nice!~