PDA

View Full Version : Highway 97

FlyingHigh
11-04-2007, 09:51 AM
Hey guys. I'm heading up to Prince George for a family gathering next weekend. It looks like I may have a bit of time to pull off the highway and put in a half day's hunting or so. Anyone got any suggestions on areas to try off the highway for grouse and maybe deer?

overthetop
11-04-2007, 10:10 AM
Well where are you heading to PG from? Vancouver? Quesnel? Makes a difference.

scoot
11-04-2007, 10:53 AM
Neither Here, Nor There! Right

moose hunter
11-04-2007, 11:07 AM
Careful on the roads we just got a huge dump of snow and road conditions suck and for hunting spots out 97 hmmm you could go out the buckhorn fsr but if you can hunt anywhere around pg send me a pm and ill hook you up with a good deer spot.

srupp
11-04-2007, 11:22 AM
I would "recomend" BLUE Lake rd..45 Kms North of Williams lake..on the Highway there is a old native resturant closed..on the opposite side of the rd(rt side going north) is Blue lake rd...it climbs ... go back in..... maybe 10 kilometers..pretty decent rd..PAST the power line and hit the FIR ridges and amongst the fir trees some pretty big bucks hanging around there right now..and some grouse also..

Some WICKEDLY HUGE deer are shot there EVERY year at this time...

Steven

GrizGuy92
11-04-2007, 11:25 AM
All I know is we just got a ton of snow dumped on us up here!
GL.

FlyingHigh
11-04-2007, 12:12 PM
I'll be travelling to PG from Abbotsford. I may have a drywall job in Kamloops to do, so my dad might pick me up on friday and we'll head to PG from there. I may have time to hunt around Prince George and not juts on the highways. Thanks for the info so far. :D