PDA

View Full Version : Shared hunt

gathto
05-04-2021, 07:45 AM
If three hunters are sharing a Moose hunt and one hunter is successful. Can the other two
hunt and take a GOS Moose in a different zone?

Ron.C
05-04-2021, 07:54 AM
If three hunters are sharing a Moose hunt and one hunter is successful. Can the other two

I believe so. Each member needs to complete the harvest report form but any members of the shared hunt who didn't kill an animal will still retain a valid species license.

Any member of a Shared Hunt may harvestan authorized animal. For shared hunts only,each hunter of the shared group is required tocarry the Harvest Report form while hunting.The Harvest Report form is on the bottompart of the shared limited entry huntingauthorization. Your shared limited entryhunting authorization is available online inyour Fish and Wildlife profile. Communicationis required within the group while hunting toContinued on next page2 LIMITED ENTRY HUNTING SYNOPSIS 2021-2022LIMITED ENTRY HUNTING SYNOPSIS 2021-2022 3avoid exceeding the group limit. Once anauthorized animal is harvested, the successfulhunter must immediately inform the othermembers of the group, and each member ofthe group must immediately document thesuccessful harvest on their Harvest Reportform.

boxhitch
05-04-2021, 08:24 AM
Yes you can

Quirky for sure, but legal the way things are spelled out.

whitlers
05-04-2021, 08:49 AM
Only one tag needs to be cut so I don't see why not.

gathto
05-04-2021, 11:17 AM
Thank you for your input. Very vague in the Regs.

f350ps
05-04-2021, 11:38 AM
On a shared Moose draw 3 hunters will draw 2 tags! K

bighornbob
05-04-2021, 12:33 PM
If three guys share a hunt there will be two LEH tags (any bull) to hunt from. If there is a GOS moose hunt going on in that unit you could also hunt that. Basically as the law is written you just cant exceed your legal tags.

For example, three guys two LEH tags in an area with a 2 points or less zone at the same time. Day one, Hunter #1 shoots a 5x4 bull. He would fill out the LEH hunt and cancel his tag. Day 2, Hunter 2 shoots a 8x7 bull and cancels his tag and sign the LEH sheet. That completes the LEH hunt. Day 3, Hunter #3 shoot a spike moose and cancels his tag. All legal.

In the above scenario, you could actually have Hunter #2 shoot the spike and cancel his tag as anyone would. That would still leave Hunter #3 to hunt any bull as they still a bull tag under the LEH.

BHB

Gun Dog
05-04-2021, 12:53 PM
You should say "LEH authorization" which is different than a tag. You have an LEH authorization for two (2) bull and each hunter will have an individual tag.

Linksman313
05-04-2021, 01:10 PM
. Can the other two

Wouldn't the two other hunters drawn on LEH for that zone have to stay hunting in that zone?

For instance
3 folks shared a successful moose drawn for 7-15 (lets just say) one hunter bags his moose, lets the others know, the other hunters in his group still have to remain in the Zone they were drawn on? I do not believe they can pull camp and head to 7-18 and take a moose from that zone.
Thoughts
Links

Zones or Regions

Drillbit
05-04-2021, 01:27 PM
Wouldn't the two other hunters drawn on LEH for that zone have to stay hunting in that zone?

For instance
3 folks shared a successful moose drawn for 7-15 (lets just say) one hunter bags his moose, lets the others know, the other hunters in his group still have to remain in the Zone they were drawn on? I do not believe they can pull camp and head to 7-18 and take a moose from that zone.
Thoughts
Links

Zones or Regions

If 718 had a GOS they could.

Anyone can buy a moose tag and hunt in GOS. An leh just lets you use your moose tag in a specific area at a certain time frame and usually is for any bull

Bigdoggdon
05-04-2021, 10:47 PM
Ok how about this. 4 hunters are drawn for a shared hunt. Before the hunt there's a falling out in the group and hunters 1 and 2 hunt together and hunters 3 an 4 hunt together. Neither pair communicates with the other and during their hunts are not able to communicate (no cell service). Has an offence been committed if hunters 1 and 2 shoot two moose and hunters 3 and 4 shoot two moose all on the same day? If so who's guilty?

srthomas75
05-05-2021, 06:30 AM
Ok how about this. 4 hunters are drawn for a shared hunt. Before the hunt there's a falling out in the group and hunters 1 and 2 hunt together and hunters 3 an 4 hunt together. Neither pair communicates with the other and during their hunts are not able to communicate (no cell service). Has an offence been committed if hunters 1 and 2 shoot two moose and hunters 3 and 4 shoot two moose all on the same day? If so who's guilty?

probably all are guilty since it's their responsibility to communicate/ not exceed their quota [ 2 moose for the group ] I think that if you don't have the harvest details of the other group members on your paper form then you are guilty.

Ron.C
05-05-2021, 07:22 AM

The synopsis states "Communication is required within the group while hunting to avoid exceeding the group limit"

Since communications is not defined I'm sure that could mean satellite, cellular, radio, voice, or visual.

In your scenario, the hunters can only say 1 of 2 things happened.

1. We had a falling out and didn't communicate, or
2. We didn't have a falling out and didn't communicate.

Either way, there was no communication that led to the overharvest. I'm not a policy analyst or lawyer but at a glance I would say all could be issued some sort of penalty.

j270wsm
05-05-2021, 08:17 AM
The synopsis states "Communication is required within the group while hunting to avoid exceeding the group limit"

Since communications is not defined I'm sure that could mean satellite, cellular, radio, voice, or visual.

In your scenario, the hunters can only say 1 of 2 things happened.

1. We had a falling out and didn't communicate, or
2. We didn't have a falling out and didn't communicate.

Either way, there was no communication that led to the overharvest. I'm not a policy analyst or lawyer but at a glance I would say all could be issued some sort of penalty.

This scenario could go many ways.

According to the synopsis....
If group A isn’t hunting with group B then they don’t have to communicate. If both groups are hunting during the same time frame then they have to communicate. Cell service or not they have to notify the other group. Depending on the falling out, group B might not fill out the papers and say group A didn’t notify them of the canceled tags.

ultimately, when a tag is canceled the successful hunter must document the harvest and notify the other shared leh holders.

Brno22F
05-05-2021, 09:50 AM
Anyone can buy a moose tag and hunt in GOS. An leh just lets you use your moose tag in a specific area at a certain time frame and usually is for any bull

I would expand on this a bit more. "Anyone can buy a moose tag and hunt in GOS in any zone where there is a GOS."

For example, In the past, I have had LEH authorizations for the early draw in Zone 6-08. Was unsuccessful in that hunt and was able to hunt the GOS in late October in any part of Region 6. I could have gone anywhere in the province to hunt moose in any GOS either prior to or after the dates of my LEH for Zone 6-08.