PDA

View Full Version : New Record Non Typical P&Y Wapiti

Harvest the Land
05-03-2021, 05:35 AM
Not sure if this was posted already, but a guy from Vegreville is now the new non-typical record holder for a P&Y Elk. 449 & 4/8th's inches, 9X9. Beat the previous record by more than 7 inches. What a dandy!

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/i-hit-him-good-trophy-elk-nets-alberta-bowhunter-a-world-record-1.6009048

Linksman313
05-03-2021, 07:25 AM
Haha congrats, wapiti go very well with pysanka's for breakfast
congrats

lovemywinchester
05-03-2021, 07:49 AM
What a beauty. I saw it was a CBC article and was surprised that it was unbiased and just a fact based story. Then I started reading the comment section. I should know better.....

tinhorse
05-03-2021, 08:43 AM
awesome elk! sad that the comment section is totally full of idiotic uninformed opinions.

sakohunter
05-03-2021, 08:48 AM
The excitment of the hunter, lead right into the anti's attacks on him and hunting. We should start all hunting related articles with

"We are really glad to have been able to harvest such quality organic protien for our family and it happened to be a fantastic representitive of this species"

It was a small sentence at the end. The writers at the CBC know exactly how to organize the article so that it explains the story but opens it up to the crazies.

It is an amazing Elk and he should be proud to show it off to the world.

Harvest the Land
05-03-2021, 09:01 AM
Didn't realize many of you like to read the comments. Personally I don't bother reading the comments because I know they'll just infuriate me and I've got enough things in my life that piss me off already.

Not sure if there's a comment section on outdoor life, but if there is I'm assuming it will be more pro hunter. Anyway for those of you who can't avoid reading negative comments, you might want to read the same story on this website instead: https://www.outdoorlife.com/hunting/new-archery-world-record-alberta-elk-hunt

todbartell
05-03-2021, 09:32 AM
the only reason the CBC posted the story was to allow for commenting. It fuels the emotions for the anti agenda that they support

300H&H
05-03-2021, 09:34 AM
That's a nice bull.
As was said above...the comments are not nice.
Some people are mad because he shot a "defenseless animal".
I wonder if those same people are thinking that when they eat their Christmas turkey ?
Just because "you" are not the one killing the animal, does not preclude you from being part of the killing process.
People forget that if you want to eat meat...something has to die !

Ron.C
05-03-2021, 09:43 AM
the only reason the CBC posted the story was to allow for commenting. It fuels the emotions for the anti agenda that they support

BINGO!!!!!!!biased reporting with an agenda

all that crap aside, a great animal. I have family that live and hunt near this area and there are some massive animals (ELK/WT/MD) in that region.

srupp
05-03-2021, 11:13 AM
Hmm fantastic bull crazy long points..they do still walk among us..
Cheers
Srupp

Greenfields
05-13-2021, 09:04 AM
Holy Sh** those comments are assinine. LOL

Beautiful Wapiti

daniel73
05-27-2021, 08:58 AM
What an achievement, congrat to him

Downtown
05-27-2021, 09:09 AM
Whow, absolutely amazing what a lifetimer - whow !

Cheers

Blacktail1
05-27-2021, 09:14 AM
Beauty bull. Snow flakes comments on article are a bit much . I threw up in my mouth twice.