PDA

View Full Version : dawson creek

mikek blacktail
11-03-2007, 09:09 AM
This is probably a stupid question but I thought I'de ask I was thinking of heading up to dawson creek as one of my options for my remenbrance day long weekend I have never been there and was wondering how the hunting is >Ihear stories of big bucks everywhere but mainly on private land.My question is if I was looking for a 150 class mulie and I hunted hard what do you think my odds would be of seeing such an animal.Is it worth the distance.

Kechika
11-03-2007, 09:28 AM
I see your from the island.Its about 14 hours of drivin.If u dont have access to private land save your time driving and hunt region 3 or 5 hard.

frenchbar
11-03-2007, 09:45 AM
If it were me i would stick to hunting around Clinton,some nice bucks to be had there at that time of year. lots of options there as well .hunt out towards big bar,scotty crk,up past loon lk ,hammerlk area .some hawgs come out of that area every yr.

KodiakHntr
11-03-2007, 09:55 AM
A 150 class muley is certainly easy to see around Dawson and FSJ, but it is pretty tough to get access if you don't already know someone there.

ianwuzhere
11-04-2007, 07:30 PM
i agree kodiakhntr- if u dont have any permission on a fair amount of private land u will be depressed seeing the bucks in private property and hunting all day and seeing nothing.-ask me what i did all weekend! grr. no 150class bucks i seen but some nice bucks on private land up there fo sho.

hunter1947
11-05-2007, 07:18 AM
I would go to the Dawson if you new wear to go ,but if not i would stick to plan B. Your chances of getting a 150 class animal would be great if you new the area there.

CanuckShooter
11-05-2007, 08:15 AM
We just got back from 7b...Oct 26th to Nov 3rd. The animal populations are definately way down from previous years. We only saw one buck in daylight hours and that was in October when it was closed. There are alot of cow moose around, and quite afew have calves tagging along...no bull moose to be seen unless you count the ones that died in the bush last winter!! BUT if you want chicken hunting....wow...everywhere you go there are birds, and us with no plinkers!!

If you thinking of heading that way for good odds of picking up a nice buck I would suggest giving the herds a few years to recover first.

BCrams
11-05-2007, 09:32 AM
The fall after the last winter kill in the Peace, we hunted hard for 5 days and only saw three 4 point bucks together on the last day (of which I shot the largest) The local CO told us it was the largest buck he'd seen shot so far that season.

Deer hunting was tough and I'd imagine it will be the same this year.

That said, there are some really good bucks in the Peace right now for those who have access to the right farms and ranches.

Sieg-MM
11-05-2007, 09:44 AM
Deer hunting was tough and I'd imagine it will be the same this year.

Just came back from the Peace. Hunted for the weekend on Crown Land. Only seen three deer; one was a 3pt buck. A fella I hunted with said he has never seen it as slow as it was. The sign was minimal. Maybe it was just a bad day or probably last years winter kill was harsh. These are just guesses, no facts to support my view.

BCrams
11-05-2007, 10:42 AM
A relative of ours is up there right now (last 5 days) and they come up every year and they've only taken 1 small four point so far and they called down saying there is no where near the number of deer there were the last couple years. (Usually they get 3-4 deer within a few days).

ARC
11-05-2007, 06:29 PM
I'm heading up next week and I'm curious to see how things will compare to last year. I did go up there in October for moose and still saw a fair number of deer, without even looking for them. A CO I talked to earlier in the year said they figured a 30% die off, but that still leaves alot of deer.
Most of the locals I have talked to say they are still seeing lots of deer as well. I guess I will find out soon.

Kechika
11-05-2007, 06:35 PM
I dont know where u guys are looking but North of the Peace seems to be doing fine.At the end of Sept saw some of the best bucks in recent years.Only the strongest survive.That harsh winter will do wonders for the gene pool in coming years.JMO

scuba
11-05-2007, 07:33 PM
just got back and we did really well, 5 guys, 5 deer (3 muleys 3x3, 4x3, 4x4 all average size antlers. and 2 whitetails 4x4's) permission was the key. i personally didn't take a shot but will be back up there for another five day hunt for something a little bigger. deer population seemed to be down a bit from previous years even on ranches that fed the deer???

CanuckShooter
11-06-2007, 08:47 AM
http://www.opinion250.com/blog/view/7382/1/last

Check out this write up....

mikek blacktail
11-06-2007, 07:30 PM
http://www.opinion250.com/blog/view/7382/1/last

Check out this write up....
that is some shitty news but thanks for the info it'll help my descision

boxhitch
11-07-2007, 05:57 AM
Lots of posts saying you need to know the area or have permission. The first step in getting that, is to go up on a hunt and try for yourself. Yuo'll be gratified if you get a chance on the right property.

ianwuzhere
11-07-2007, 07:48 AM
oya and all the big bucks cant be on private land ;)

CanuckShooter
11-07-2007, 09:21 AM
Maybe so, but I just got back from a week of hunting up there and boy was I dissappointed !! We saw quite a few cow, cow/calf pairs..no bulls. The last few days of October we were seeing does w/fawns [does open] and my partner did see one 4x4 buck [the only buck seen the entire trip except for when moving camp in the dark] in October [closed season]. We tried a half dozen spots we know to be honey holes and it was so discouraging as it was extremely difficult to even find a doe the last few days. And not one buck..not even a spiker!!!

Some of the locals were getting the odd buck, but they all said the same thing...animals are scarce this year.

I didn't have to be back home till the 11th of Nov, and came home on the 4th as I felt it was a waste of time to keep beating a dead horse!!

My advise would be to hunt region 5 this year...not as far to travel and more than likely far more deer per square mile. I'm not just being a nay-sayer here, just trying to offer our experience..and we are not green-horns when it comes to hunting mule deer.

browningboy
11-07-2007, 09:30 AM
If I was to go up there, I would be more inclined to hit Hudson Hope and hit crown land, they grow big up there , just a few weeks ago we seen 2 point bucks with tines an easy 12" long each, just beauties! The fields are full of deer but remember, lots of private land as well so you have to know the boundries etc.

Guido02
11-09-2007, 08:13 AM
Greetings

I live in the area and all are correct when saying deer are down. Saw on e small white tail after three trips out. A few two point mulies. All crops are off so farmers not willing to let many hunters on the land as deer are not in 100 animal herds like last year. There are big deer in the area so we willsee what the rut brings out if . Give us a try next year as it is great country.

Ps Second snow fall this morning..its here to stay...about 2 inches so far

Jetboat
11-09-2007, 08:48 AM
The numbers are certainly down due to the worst winter recorded for 50 years but the bucks are here. The other evening I watched three whitetail bucks feeding together about 275 yards across a field (yup, private land but the owner lets anyone who asks hunt) One buck was a little 3 pt. & his buddies were average 120-130 class bucks. Too small to shoot especially when I've got the last 2 1/2 weeks of November off work to hunt. My neighbour called to say they had been watching a big +30" 4x3 muley buck cross the road from his property to mine several times. But then on Wednesday night, some low down scum sucker poached him with a .22, cut off the rack and left the rest to rot across the road from my house :evil: I've been working nights so missed the ordeal. Things like that really get the landowners riled up around here and make it tough for honest guys just looking for an opportunity to get a good buck.

elkdom
11-10-2007, 12:30 AM
so happy ! guided two non res hunters 5 days,2 muley bucks 160 class, one white tail buck, 155 green scored, NOT much for deer out here! you guys need glasses or are you stuck in traffic?get a life, a few old sick deer died from a tough winter ,its time some of those sick old critters bit the dust, the REGS have been protective for so many years ,most deer die of old age ,more deer are killed by cars in REG 7B than by hunters in most years,it gets cold most hunters head for the warm and fuzzy, the rut gets going and every one has gone home,its 30 below and no ones hunting !the really big ones are the last to come out! bew hew bew hew! Feeding opportunities are better now in this region than its been for 100 yrs and suddenly all the wildlife is at risk from winter, god winter has come and gone for millions of years, do you guys think biologists have kept the game alive or do you think they survived by natural selection,survival of the fittist? Gees maybe we should round them all up and keep them in barns, and give them vitamins till hunting season starts next year, that should make for a healthy herd of deer!

pitbell
11-10-2007, 11:16 AM
Elkdom,
you are out to lunch dude. The farmers I talked to figure 80% die off where I hunt. I defenitely seen 80% less deer. "I few sick and old" smartass. In the timber you are stepping over winter kill mature bucks that were unable to survive after the rut. It was heartbreaking talking to the farmers and seeing what the winter did to the moose and deer population.

lunatic
11-10-2007, 03:31 PM
Dude, PG is a long way from D.C. Some areas around here were not hit with all this " winterkill ". I spent countless hours in the bush this year....mostly on foot down game trails, bedding areas, etc. I only found one moose carcass all year. We've been over this numerous times this year on this forum. Obviously some areas were hard hit and some were not. If you are not seeing game in an area you traditionally have hunted successfully for years, then common sense would tell you to move elsewhere. I can gaurantee you that this area DID NOT have the huge numbers of winterkill some are reporting. I have seen as much game or more than in some previous years. I'm sure it is not all just luck.

pitbell
11-10-2007, 04:07 PM
I hunt just NW of DC.(I thought that would be obvious considering the title of the thread) From the sounds of it this area was hit harder than most. Lunatic, I will sleep better tonight knowing that you gaurantee this area DID NOT have huge winterkill. Seriously though, I am glad to hear that some spots faired better.

Creeker
11-10-2007, 04:56 PM
Well First of this is my first post if you guys didnt notice. I had to put my 2 cents in on this post.
I am born and raised in Dawson and have been fortunate enough to harvest some quailty deer in previous years. The zone i have hunted for the last 15 years was decimated. I have permission on approx 12 quarters and i am lucky to see 10 or 15 deer in a day.And i assure i have good optics, There was a big healthy heard in there before. It wouldnt be un heard of to see 10 legal bucks in a day. I agree there were plenty of deer before and a natural correction was due. I think in the future there will be a healthier heard with larger bucks.
I have moved onto hunt elsewhere this year and located a good pocket of mulies and whiteys hanging out together. and with luck i will see a mature buck.
Unfortunatly most of the guys i know are not seeing very many deer where they hunt. But there are pockets.

Elkdom I am happy you are so happy guiding non residents to 160 class mulies, If i paid thousands to come to hunt in the Peace country i would expect better. When most of the outfitters in this area pay the farmers for exclusive access to prime hunting habitat. They also give big bonus' to the farmers if they harvest a BIG buck on there place, giving the farmers a reason to help the deer through the tougher winters. So i am happy you are an expert guide and you should continue patting yourself on the back. And when you see the animal vehicle impact records for the Peace area when they come out from ICBC you will see a dramitic differnce from 2 years ago.

Lunitic i am happy the area you are hunting around tumbler was spared the brunt of the winter kill. I have a jet boat and spend alot of time on the water in the spring. I found a sickly amount of dead animals down low at river level on the Murray and the Pine. I dont know if they work there way down hill and died or what. But i was shocked at the carnage i witnessed. I have pictures some where of some of the animals in the murray river.Everywhere we stopped on The banks of the Peace had dead moose. Not dozens everywhere but 2 or 3 in each spot. It was brutal. I know the game here was plenty and will recover it was just sh*tty to see. I hunted 5 days on the Murray this September and never seen a bull or heard a bugle. I do know one guy who got a bull there though. And i assure you I wasnt sitting in the boat waiting for an elk to walk out.I think next year I am going to quad hunt higher ground closer to the hiway. Where i have heard the elk are doing great.

lunatic
11-10-2007, 07:41 PM
Creeker, sorry to hear your area was so decimated. I guess since I don't have to travel more than a half hour from home to get to most of my prime spots I don't get to see a real varity of these areas that were hard hit. I do however know the Murray River extremely well. I also have a jetboat and live about 3 mins from the boat launch therefore to say I spend a lot of time on the Murray would be an understatement. I " live " on that river whenever I get time off which this summer was quite a lot as the oilpatch was slow. I was up river and downriver. I spent lots of time in through the " painted canyon ". I only saw one carcass off the river and a grizz was feeding on that so don't know if it was winterkill or not. I started going on the river as soon as the ice was off and the last trip was in October so it wasn't like it wasn't spread out. I really don't know where you were seeing all these carcasses? I'm truly not doubting you or trying to argue about it but I honestly was not seeing any. As for the elk off the river, well I never hunted off the river this fall I quadded in off the Fellers road to above the river. There were elk everywhere I went. Lots of bugling and lots of game....elk and moose. I did hunt close to the river by Catarac Creek on a couple of excursions and seen and heard elk there as well. I will add though that the elk in that area did not get real active or vocal till the third week of September.

Creeker
11-10-2007, 08:04 PM
lunatic
We launched at east pine and went up as far as that Little gorge approx 1.5 or so hours up. We seen 5 bull elk in the river one bull moose and a dead whitetail buck directly in the river alone. Not including the animals on the banks. Just from memory We found 4 dead moose 2 cow calf pairs just down from the green trappers cabin on the Gwilliam side. In a 30 minute hike. I have never seen anything like that. I have owned a jet boat since 1998.
I did not go above that point on the Murray all year. I am glad to hear there is a healthy plentiful area left. I was really getting concerned the more we went out and the more i talked to some people.
A good freind of mine hunted Elliots for Elk for a week in september and seen 3 deer. He got into bugling one night and never seen or heard anything again. He said it was really sad. He has hunted there since he was a kid.
As for late September it is totally possible that i had a dead week for action. This has happened before. I did see 4 wolves. This could have contributed to the lack of game. As well. From what i hear the wolf population in that area has increased.

elkdom
11-11-2007, 12:40 AM
Here we go again , those that get their game are seeing game , those that dont get their game didn't see enough game, seems the ones you dont see got eaten by tics and wolves!the wolves didn't get my 6x6 bull elk, or my bull moose! but I guess I dont know how to hunt, but I will continue to learn from some of the amazing armchair experts that think cause their hunt went poorly the reason has to be depleted game populations, well I guees thats an excuse IF YOU NEED ONE!

hunter1947
11-11-2007, 06:54 AM
Here we go again , those that get their game are seeing game , those that dont get their game didn't see enough game, seems the ones you dont see got eaten by tics and wolves!the wolves didn't get my 6x6 bull elk, or my bull moose! but I guess I dont know how to hunt, but I will continue to learn from some of the amazing armchair experts that think cause their hunt went poorly the reason has to be depleted game populations, well I guees thats an excuse IF YOU NEED ONE!
It's not that your a bad hunter and don't know how to hunt ,you just get bad years sometimes ,don't beat yourself up ,it just goes that way some years ,who knows ,maybe next year you might get your elk and moose. I didnt get an elk this year nether after hunting them for 5 weeks straight ,does that make me a bad hunter ,NO ,i have taken my share of elk over the years. Just chalk it up as being a poor season for you and start planing for next year.

Creeker
11-11-2007, 10:53 AM
elkdom
I dont need an excuse nor am i whining about not seeing a ton of game this year, all that I am just concerned of the numbers in general. But I guess you are an expert guide and an arm chair biologist so I shouldnt worry because you have proven to us all that there is elk, moose and deer falling all over themselves out there.
And for the record I didnt say that I didnt see any six point elk or legal moose for that matter, Just not on the Murray or the Pine. If i really had to have a legal elk or a moose I most likely would have killed one.I am personally looking for a big Elk now and Didnt need any moose meat this year.

lunatic
11-11-2007, 12:07 PM
Creeker, that's brutal seeing all them dead animals like that. I guess that would be discouraging. I never went right through to the East Pine this year. Usually turned around about an hour past where the Gwillim runs in due to gas . I'll say again though that the game populations between there and Tumbler Ridge seemed normal. Very strange how some areas seemed badly hit and others did not.

Creeker
11-11-2007, 11:00 PM
Lunatic, I dont really know why certian areas were worse than others. What i do know is the area north of Dawson had a very dry year last year so the feed was poor in my spot to begin with. And then the snow didnt help. I talked to a friend who lives up there today and he said he is travelling to hunt different spots as well. He is guessing 90% of the deer in our area packed it in. But the elk did ok and there are still a few moose running around.
It eases my mind to hear from some on here that you guys have seen lots of game on your travels. I was starting to get depressed alittle.
I tried a new spot tonight as i was called out to work south of Dawson today and on my way home i did some detours and found quite a bit of deer sign on some oil leases and down a few pipelines. So i think i am going to spend some time down there once it gets cold again. maybe find a nice whitey:)

bridger
12-17-2008, 04:39 AM
not every one works for an outfitter who ties up private land with good deer numbers exclusively for non residents. you sound like a typical guide to me

so happy ! guided two non res hunters 5 days,2 muley bucks 160 class, one white tail buck, 155 green scored, NOT much for deer out here! you guys need glasses or are you stuck in traffic?get a life, a few old sick deer died from a tough winter ,its time some of those sick old critters bit the dust, the REGS have been protective for so many years ,most deer die of old age ,more deer are killed by cars in REG 7B than by hunters in most years,it gets cold most hunters head for the warm and fuzzy, the rut gets going and every one has gone home,its 30 below and no ones hunting !the really big ones are the last to come out! bew hew bew hew! Feeding opportunities are better now in this region than its been for 100 yrs and suddenly all the wildlife is at risk from winter, god winter has come and gone for millions of years, do you guys think biologists have kept the game alive or do you think they survived by natural selection,survival of the fittist? Gees maybe we should round them all up and keep them in barns, and give them vitamins till hunting season starts next year, that should make for a healthy herd of deer!

sneg
12-17-2008, 09:22 AM
So Gents,
For us , non- Dawson Creek residents, advise, please ... ?
Does it make sense to drive and check around crown land ? Or do not bother if not secured permission for private land with game on it ?

whitetailsheds
12-17-2008, 11:01 AM
Sneg, I would say re-read the threads on this. Your asking it here, is going to be a repetition of those. I think those up here are clear in our opinions of whether it is worth it or not.

Creeker
12-17-2008, 03:05 PM
I guess someone got under elkdoms skin. :)
I didnt think anyones opinion would ever get to him.

elkdom what do you charge for a resident mulie hunt? i might have to book with you next fall as my spot is a little unactive at the moment.

I could trade you for some hay. As the 90 round bails of alfalfa timothy i left out for the deer didnt do anything but create a nice fluffy death bed for them. I wish i would have hauled a bunch grain out there 2 years ago.

goatdancer
12-23-2008, 01:51 PM
From what I've read, hay is not good for deer in the winter time. Since I'm not an armchair guide or biologist, somebody please enlighten me.
Sad to hear about winterkills but that is just Mother Nature, no morality issues, no human emotional issues, just reality.

Sure got nasty here.

whitetailsheds
12-24-2008, 10:08 AM
Hey Goatdancer, IIRC, hay will fill their bellies but they are not getting the nutrients needed.

elkdom
12-24-2008, 10:52 AM
amazing, the whitails and mulies feeding in fields and on supplied forage hay in properties I hunt are doing just fine and herds increasing, most does have 2 fawns each spring, and same fields have HEALTHY massess of elk and moose, all year round, believe what you want, gloom and doom, maybe David Suzuki and Al Gore can help you doomsayers out?
Merry Christmas, if your having trouble finding "meat" maybe try some of your own hay as a food staple, do me a favor!:cry::tongue::cool:

pitbell
12-24-2008, 11:26 AM
This would be a great thread if Elkdom would stay out of the discussion. It's funny because I have spoken to a number of outfitters, guides, CO's, and farmers, and they all seem to think the numbers are down. It seems the mature muleys were hit the hardest. There are still some young up and coming 3's and 4's being taken but overall was not worth the trip this season. It sounds like around Elkdom's place was not hit as hard as some. Still it would be nice if he (you) would sit this one out and let the grown ups talk.

Moosenose
12-24-2008, 12:50 PM
Hey Goatdancer, IIRC, hay will fill their bellies but they are not getting the nutrients needed.

Are you confusing hay with straw?

Creeker
12-24-2008, 01:57 PM
elkdom you go from only the old animals died to you were feeding the starving deer to they are doing so great.
You are such a wannabe it is funny. Most on this site have realized you are revolving bag of wind. And we dont really know what is pure imagination or fact.
It has become for me at least really entertaining and enjoyable to check what else you come up with.
So thank you (sincerely).
And i wish you the very best of the Christmas season.

ElkMasterC
12-24-2008, 03:08 PM
Yeah, he gets a little p!$$y when he doesn't take his Bi-Polar medicine, doesn't he?

Straw is useless to eat of course, but I heard diff things about hay. Apparently deer don't have the enzymes to break it down properly in the winter (the dry stuff) which seems odd, since they are feeding on alfalfa in the summer and fall. I've also read that a belly full of corn isn't much good if they're not used to it. I guess the key is previous exposure to the feed type, and variety. Throw in some natural browse and supplement with a little high-quality hay, a little grain? Maybe a small plot of Bio-Logic for the Boys? ;-)
I've heard of the dead deer with the full bellies too, Creeker.

I'm interested since I'm looking at properties, and will wanna help the animals out in the lean years, so any advice from the fellow adults here will be great!

whitetailsheds
12-24-2008, 03:19 PM
Thank you, Elkmstr, I'm no big game dietician, but have heard that different mixes of hay (timothy, brome, alfalfa, etc) does do some good and some not. I don't know the biology/ chemistry of it, maybe Elkdom does. I'm only going on second hand info from ranchers and cattlemen I know and their observations.
Although, I will say when I did have horses a couple years ago, I did feed oat straw to them and they did fine with what seed was still on. But it had to cut before frost got to it, which due to some chemical change, was NOT good for the ponies.
And man did the deer come in for the seeds that were with the oat straw.

ElkMasterC
12-24-2008, 04:55 PM
I don't know the biology/ chemistry of it, maybe Elkdom does. ....
And man did the deer come in for the seeds that were with the oat straw.

He knows everything, God bless Him! Just ask him! ;-)

They cherry-picked the oats out of the straw, hmm? Good to know.
I heard they loved oat fields. Might have to plant some..lol

Haven't heard that about the chemical change in the straw though, with frost. Would like to know more.
BTW: Is that a Wolf on your shoulder, or are you just happy to see me?

goatdancer
12-24-2008, 05:17 PM
That was the gist of what I read. The deer can't properly digest dry hay and it might fill the belly but doesn't do much good, apparently bungs them up.
Bears love oats too.

elkdom
12-24-2008, 05:22 PM
He knows everything, God bless Him! Just ask him! ;-)

They cherry-picked the oats out of the straw, hmm? Good to know.
I heard they loved oat fields. Might have to plant some..lol

Haven't heard that about the chemical change in the straw though, with frost. Would like to know more.
BTW: Is that a Wolf on your shoulder, or are you just happy to see me?
at least I dont spend a part season pondering about packin out a "found dead deer ", then the rest of the year nestled in some burb swapping wanna be hunting stories, as for oat fields?? what an incredible discovery you have just stumbled on, lmao,,,,,,,,, oh by the way be carefull if you happen to stumble upon an oat field! watch out for "combines", wouldnt want you ending up as "rolled oats" , and here is another few places that huge numbers of ungulates swarm to for food! "pea crops" and also "alfalfa", and canola! yeah they love"canola" and barley! wow !!what an enlightening thread! next year maybe you can check out some fields for game??? I love it! keep talking, your learning, lol :razz:

ElkMasterC
12-24-2008, 07:58 PM
at least I dont spend a part season pondering about packin out a "found dead deer ", then the rest of the year nestled in some burb swapping wanna be hunting stories, as for oat fields?? what an incredible discovery you have just stumbled on, lmao,,,,,,,,, oh by the way be carefull if you happen to stumble upon an oat field! watch out for "combines", wouldnt want you ending up as "rolled oats" , and here is another few places that huge numbers of ungulates swarm to for food! "pea crops" and also "alfalfa", and canola! yeah they love"canola" and barley! wow !!what an enlightening thread! next year maybe you can check out some fields for game??? I love it! keep talking, your learning, lol :razz:

Wow, you're a class act, there Bi-Polar ElkDumb, ..sorry Elkdom, and you really live in your own world, don't ya?
I'd say hook up with Jelvis, but he's funny and friendly, not judgemental, and offensive.
Sorry for the big words.
And yeah, stay off the adult's thread. Might wanna go sit at the card table with the kids.
Have a sweet Xmas!

PS: And try to contribute something good. If you have knowledge, then talk about it. We all know diff things, and all have diff strengths and weaknesses.
What makes people a community is their ability to be humble, and ask questions and learn, to teach and be taught.
It makes us all stronger.

elkdom
12-24-2008, 08:18 PM
Wow, you're a class act, there Bi-Polar ElkDumb, ..sorry Elkdom, and you really live in your own world, don't ya?
I'd say hook up with Jelvis, but he's funny and friendly, not judgemental, and offensive.
Sorry for the big words.
And yeah, stay off the adult's thread. Might wanna go sit at the card table with the kids.
Have a sweet Xmas!

PS: And try to contribute something good. If you have knowledge, then talk about it. We all know diff things, and all have diff strengths and weaknesses.
What makes people a community is their ability to be humble, and ask questions and learn, to teach and be taught.
It makes us all stronger.

I am humble, I am patient with your abuse! am I not?? please be nice its Christmas eve, silent nite, I posted some pics in the Photo Gallery, even some "riendeer" pics for you viewing pleasure, hugs,,,, :biggrin:

Will
12-24-2008, 09:59 PM
Geez Guys it's Christmas Eve ! :-(

http://www.picpop.com/gallery/albums/userpics/0820/babyjesus.jpg

:lol::lol:

Thor Rider 88
12-24-2008, 10:31 PM
i love reading elkdoms replys, they are all about him being a wicked hunter for hunting feilds, to scared to get out in the bush? or is that to much of a challenge for you??

Creeker
12-24-2008, 11:38 PM
Geez Guys it's Christmas Eve ! :-(

http://www.picpop.com/gallery/albums/userpics/0820/babyjesus.jpg

:lol::lol:
------------------------------------
:biggrin: This is the funniest post i have seen. Good one....

Bighorn hunter
12-26-2008, 08:24 PM
come on guys,surrly we can't le this end here.There has to be some more great info to be shared.lets not let our personal differences get in the way.

elkdom
12-26-2008, 09:00 PM
i love reading elkdoms replys, they are all about him being a wicked hunter for hunting feilds, to scared to get out in the bush? or is that to much of a challenge for you??

I dont live or hunt under a street light , as for you, and some of your outdoorsy wanna be buddies, sorry! you know nothing about me, and by your smart arse comments little else!, this thread about game or lack of game in the Dawson Creek area shows just how ignorant in fact many of the comments on this topic of game numbers are, if I an find a hundred or so deer in one day, then I must be the one doing something wrong, but I will continue to read posts on HBC and see if I can become as adept at finding game as everyone else, having lived and hunted and guided extensively in Reg 7B for 20 years I suppose you may have some info about 7B that I am searhing for, so please "hunter_kid", share your vast "TICKLE TRUNK" of hunting tips with us! :p