PDA

View Full Version : Clinton- Cache creek

mikek blacktail
11-02-2007, 05:43 PM
Well my uncle fell well unloading his quad in september and broke a few vertabrae in his back>I promised I,de take him hunting for mulies if the doctor gave him the okay(which he has to my suprise).He wants to go somewhere between clinton and cache creek nov 23 -26 weekend and I know nothing of this area. I was hoping someone could help me out and point me in the right direction for some mulies in this area .I'm getting some map books but any info on this area would be helpful. P.M me if you like.

4 point
11-02-2007, 08:49 PM
Try the Back Valley Rd just east of Cache Creek and head up towards Deadman's. There are lots of deer on the hills. Some old roads heading up over top north side along HWY 1. Low snow area with southern exposure and failrly open in places for spottiing and stalking or just sitting and glasssing for your buck. Watch out for cats though as their around.

fin241
11-02-2007, 09:24 PM
About half way between Cache Creek and Clinton you'll come across Loon Lake Rd. Might be worth your while to take a venture up this way. Haven't been there myself, but have heard from several guys that the fields have been polluted with muleys latley. Mainly does and small bucks, but the big boy may be just around the corner. Fair bit of private land at first, but lots of crown land access. good luck.

pikey
11-02-2007, 09:31 PM
I was around loon lake last week and it was quite warm; not alot moving around. Towards the end of the week it cooled off a bit and I heard from the locals of a few bucks taken. Thursday seemed to be a good day and they all went invisible by Friday again...go figure.

That field at the end of the road is thick with deer, we shone our headlights in the field and there were 50 sets of eyes looking back.

David Heitsman
11-02-2007, 09:39 PM
Scotch or Scotty Creek just south of loon Lake Rd is good for road hunting.
Have only been in twice but am not certain that there is good ATV'ing
there. It seems to me that the road was quite busy.

o2fish2day
11-04-2007, 03:16 PM
Went hunting late October in Loon Lake area. Several guys reported being there for a week and seeing nothing but does. Basically went home skunked. Finally left for Quenel area to bag my buck.

Probably too much pressure in this area over the years...starting to get a bit thin I would say.

Probably better off in 100 mile if you are going that far - it's only another hour. I hear that area has a lot more deer....or else do what we did and head up Quenel way. Tons of deer up there!