PDA

View Full Version : anyone been to the empire nov long weekend

4pointhunter
11-01-2007, 10:46 AM
i usually go the weekend after but thinking about going for nov 11 long weekend just wondering if its going to be full of hunters

BCrams
11-01-2007, 10:52 AM
Its bad enough with the number of hunters outside the long weekend .... so I'd imagine its one big party in there during the long weekend.

BIGHUNTERFISH
11-01-2007, 10:58 AM
It will be a zoo,but the good news is there are lots of deer.The rut should be in full swing so you can pretty much hunt all day with the hunters and does moving the bucks around.I would hike into some area in the dark for about an hour and slowly still hunt where you see lots of sign,make sure to wear something blaze orange.I hunted there a few years ago and one morning I heard over 30 shots and walked by at least 15 gut piles.Good luck it is beautiful country.

7mmWSM
11-01-2007, 11:37 AM
Yup it will be a zoo especially with the extended GOS. If loneliness is what you are after go elsewhere. But there are deer there for everyone. If you can make it up a day or better yet 2 days before the weekend starts you can get a huge jump on everyone else. That way you are dragging deer when the others come.

Jagermeister
11-01-2007, 11:53 AM
Remberance Day, Lest We Forget
I think that I will just go to the Cenotaph and pay my respects to those that served and sacrificed their lives so that I could and continue to enjoy the freedom of mine.

tangozulu
11-01-2007, 07:23 PM
Remberance Day, Lest We Forget
I think that I will just go to the Cenotaph and pay my respects to those that served and sacrificed their lives so that I could and continue to enjoy the freedom of mine.

Well said,
I will be workin but will definately have 2 minutes of silence at 11.
Thanks for reminding us of what we must never forget.

quadrakid
11-01-2007, 07:34 PM
friend of mine would never hunt the 11th in remembrance, i shot plenty of deer on the 11th over the years. i always figured thats what those young men who paid the ultimate sacrifice would like,being remembered by those of us left to carry on our traditions.i guess the important thing is that we remember.

180grainer
11-01-2007, 07:44 PM
I agree, its a zoo from September until the end of November.

David Heitsman
11-01-2007, 09:15 PM
I'm in there most Remembrance Day weekends including this year.
Will have a wall tent in the willows just south of the calving barn corrals.
We keep our horses in the corral there.

If I camp there I can usually get away from the noise of the dummies who think they have to bring a generator along that runs till 2:00 AM.

Stop in and say hello.

Incidently two years ago the Co told us that they had checked over 200 licenses that weekend so far and that means that there was likely half again that many hunters there.

4pointhunter
11-02-2007, 01:05 AM
i usually camp at the barn as well, i expect it to be a zoo but it is prettymuch every weekend even in october yet i have rarely ran into another hunter in the bush we will be in a wall tent as well, driveing a dodge diesel with a canopy, i will stop by for sure

BCBairdo
11-02-2007, 12:14 PM
Blaze orange and a bullet proof vest probably the best bet on that weekend.:!:

I stopped hunting there a couple of years ago because way too many people for my liking. I go out hunting to relax, get away from people and enjoy God's wonderful creation.....having guns going off more often than the Gaza strip is not my idea of enjoyable hunting. Just my 2cents.

BCB