PDA

View Full Version : kispiox for moose

Dale
10-31-2007, 10:45 PM
anybody hunt the kispiox river 6-30 for moose after the rut. I have a leh I haven't had a chance to use yet until next week. anyone know something about the area. i have the backroads map book but just wondering what roads go to the better areas. i plan on north of hazelton. any info would be greatly appreciated.

boonerbuck
11-01-2007, 12:32 AM
anybody hunt the kispiox river 6-30 for moose after the rut. I have a leh I haven't had a chance to use yet until next week. anyone know something about the area. i have the backroads map book but just wondering what roads go to the better areas. i plan on north of hazelton. any info would be greatly appreciated.

I've spent a lot of time up the Kispiox in November and have never seen a bull. Even a cow is rare. I have seen some tracks in the snow and the odd gut piles from the local native night "hunters". Not much of a moose hunt.

Avalanche123
11-01-2007, 07:42 AM
I tend to agree with booner buck.....it wouldn't have been my first choice for LEH. I spend a fair bit of time in and around the Kisipiox and it seems the wildlife is having a tough time making a come back there. After last winter, I was surprised to see nothing was done. Just over to the west (Nass Valley) new restrcitions went into place and the GOA for moose was closed.
Anyway good luck if you go.