PDA

View Full Version : Which Rangefinder Bino's?

Harvest the Land
03-18-2021, 10:43 AM
Glass experts!

If you could only choose one of:

Sig Sauer KILO 3000BDX, Leica Geovid R, Vortex Fury, Nikon LazerForce

Which would you choose?

The only knocks I've found about each are the price tag for the Leica, the Fury doesn't have the best glass, the Sig Sauer don't come with lens caps (I'm assuming that after market lens caps might be a solution), and I can't find any knocks against the LazerForce except for the fact that they're Nikons.

Definitely don't want to spend more than $3K. Thanks in advance for any/all your insights

Harvest the Land
03-18-2021, 10:45 AM
Oh forgot to ask, are any of these 4 options not made in China?

Alpine Hunter
03-18-2021, 12:02 PM
I apologize for not directly answering your question with one of the options you provided but now that Swarovski has come out with an updated version of their range finding EL’s, I would bet you will start to see the older versions come up for sale used for well within your budget of $3000. There is currently a pair for sale on a popular buy/sell website right now in a different province. In my opinion that would give you your best value and put you into that next level of glass.

In saying that, of the four options you presented I would choose Leica hands down. Good luck in your decision.

Weatherby Fan
03-18-2021, 12:33 PM
Yes the Leica Geovid R are built in Potugal, Leica has had a plant there since 1973, I have owned a few sets of these binoculars and they are excellent, I can recommend these without issue, for 3K or less you should be able to pick up an set of used Leica Geovid HD-B (Germany) binoculars.

Reviews on the Sig Sauer seem positive as well, the other two I know nothing about.

firebird
03-18-2021, 12:38 PM
The Leica hands down would be my choice of the ones you listed, Nikon’s 2nd. I own Swaro EL ranges

wallz
03-18-2021, 03:04 PM
Out of the given 4, I would go Leica. Have you thought about a used pair to even save more?

I run the swaro EL range. Almost put mine up, to upgrade to the new pair, but reconsidered. May still do that later this year or next spring. Spent too much already on new gear to step up to the new ones this year.

todbartell
03-18-2021, 03:31 PM
I've ordered the new Vortex Fury 5000 AB, looking forward to trying them out and comparing to my Sig 2400ABS for long range ballistic solutions

Harvest the Land
03-18-2021, 07:53 PM
Awesome thanks for the feedback. I figured Leica would be the best option and that's what I'm probably going to go with once I muster up the courage. Good to know they're not made in China.

Definitely will keep an eye out for an older set of EL's - thanks for the heads up. If you're able too Bartell, please update us on the Fury's once you've tried them. Love my Vipers so definitely a fan of Vortex

Sportster
03-18-2021, 10:28 PM
As I stated in another thread, my brother in law and I bought bought a pair of the Nikon's laserForce a couple of years back. Couldn't be happier with them. Cristal clear glass, range finder is very fast. Like I said before one of the best peace's of hunting equipment I've purchased in many years. We've used them in extreme weather conditions and they've yet to let me down. They come on sale at cabelas a couple times a year for $1100.00 bucks.

twoSevenO
03-19-2021, 06:46 AM
Leica, without question

Harvest the Land
03-19-2021, 01:00 PM
Found a pair of Geovid R 10X42's on clearance for $1750 from a firearms store in London, ON, last night, so I quickly pulled the trigger. Very stoked! Thanks for all the feedback

BradC
03-20-2021, 05:36 AM
found a pair of geovid r 10x42's on clearance for $1750 from a firearms store in london, on, last night, so i quickly pulled the trigger. Very stoked! Thanks for all the feedback

good buy!!!

swampthing
03-20-2021, 07:51 AM
I own the sig kilo 3000s. The optic quality was a step down from the zeiss conquests I was using before them. They do range like a son of a bitch and I certainly enjoy the ease of use with ballistic solutions though

UkeeJ
04-03-2021, 10:50 AM
Not listed in your selection but I bought the Swaro EL Range 10x42 back in 2012 used them ever since and love them. I don't know anything about the 2nd gen but wouldn't hesitate to recommend this model. Last bino's I'll ever buy!