Darksith
03-15-2021, 03:03 PM
Check this one out! its going fast, 30% sold in 2 days
Click the link
https://darelle.com/pp/bg1ryr/gnalleweg
https://i.imgur.com/1HxYYoXl.jpg

Norwestalta
03-15-2021, 06:37 PM
Sucks to be a resident of albeeria. Congratulations to the lucky winner.

Philblock
03-17-2021, 02:05 AM
Putting the value at 36,500 for this hunt is not right. I went to guide website and that was the only hunt not listed cost wise. 50 dollars for 1000 tickets seems steep

03-17-2021, 06:07 AM
Putting the value at 36,500 for this hunt is not right. I went to guide website and that was the only hunt not listed cost wise. 50 dollars for 1000 tickets seems steep

Then don’t buy a ticket. This is a raffle to generate money for wild sheep conservation. No one profits from this

Weatherby Fan
03-17-2021, 06:58 AM

These raffles are for the sole purpose to raise funds for the conservation of wild sheep in BC, regardless of what its worth the hunt and the guide have fully donated the COST and THEIR TIME for an incredible Roosevelt Elk Hunt hunt to support the conservation of Wild Sheep in BC.......I can't thank guide Ben Berukoff and Coastal Inlet Adventures enough for their continued support.........

HD95
03-17-2021, 07:13 AM

Boy, some people just don't have a clue,,,,

Onesock
03-17-2021, 07:26 AM
Its an elk hunt.. worth way more than that!!!!

03-17-2021, 12:10 PM
These raffles are for the sole purpose to raise funds for the conservation of wild sheep in BC, regardless of what its worth the hunt and the guide have fully donated the COST and THEIR TIME for an incredible Roosevelt Elk Hunt hunt to support the conservation of Wild Sheep in BC.......I can't thank guide Ben Berukoff and Coastal Inlet Adventures enough for their continued support.........

Need a "Like" button.

porthunter
03-17-2021, 01:32 PM

https://www.huntwild.com/wild-hunts/roosevelt-elk/

https://www.hunt-nation.com/hunt/vancouver-island-home-of-giant-black-bears-and-roosevelt-elk/

There's a couple examples for reference... note those are US dollars... seems undervalued if anything?

Sharpish
03-17-2021, 04:29 PM
Big Shot Texans would pay that kind of money for sure to get a record book elk. Guided 10 day sheep hunts are way way more than that, USD too .....

Imdone
03-17-2021, 07:49 PM
I'm over 60, Dad my original hunting Mentor, is turning 87, and has always said "I wish I had hunted Bull Elk "
Well hopefully he can and will after winning this great prize. I got him tix, wouldn't that be something.

Thanks to the GO putting up this hunt, thanks to the WSSBC for all you do for Conservation.

Frosty
03-17-2021, 08:19 PM
The dates are not ideal for sure, big bulls are seeking recluse at this point. I see it as hoping to bag a 5 or 6 point bull. Great cause for sure, I bought tickets! 25 years applying for Rosie LEH and nothing....This increases my odds a hair. Im not sure if anyone will get a bull like in the picture advertised.

Philblock
03-17-2021, 11:21 PM
36,000 10 days 3600 a day is insane. I love hunting and I love that because all of us can’t just throw 50 dollars to a raffle ticket I get shit talked.

porthunter
03-18-2021, 08:48 AM
36,000 10 days 3600 a day is insane. I love hunting and I love that because all of us can’t just throw 50 dollars to a raffle ticket I get shit talked.

No one is shit talking you at all, your comment was just a way of discrediting value put by WSSBC. Everyone who responded to that is just pretty much informing you that there isn't anything "not right" if you're looking at value.

Picked up another ticket yesterday, I've been lucky enough to hold an almost 400" bull out of the general area and would love to be able to hunt one for myself.

Ron.C
03-18-2021, 08:51 AM
Timing of this hunt won't be an issue except for dealing with long hot August days, which adds a level of physical difficulty in itself.
These guys know where the elk are and how to get em.

$50 a ticket, thats a burger fries and a pint at the local pub for me and the wife. Well worth it for a chance at a hunt like this.

Hats off to everyone who is volunteering their time/resources to auction such a great hunt for WSSBC.

Knute
03-18-2021, 09:00 AM
Just got my ticket, still tickets left.

Good luck to anyone with a ticket.

pg83
03-18-2021, 09:54 AM
The dates are not ideal for sure, big bulls are seeking recluse at this point. I see it as hoping to bag a 5 or 6 point bull. Great cause for sure, I bought tickets! 25 years applying for Rosie LEH and nothing....This increases my odds a hair. Im not sure if anyone will get a bull like in the picture advertised.

Having been on a hunt for Roosevelt's within this outfitters area in November I can confirm that they are still around and many are larger than a 5 or 6 point.
I will also say that even if you had a shitty hunt and "only" bagged a 5 or 6 point, you'd still get to do it while hunting with Ben Berukoff(owner/helicopter pilot of Canadian Wildlife Capture) who is a stud in the BC conservation world!

NMO
03-19-2021, 01:13 PM

I drew a tag in this outfitters concession for 2019 - For what it's worth the biologist told me Nov 1-10 was the best time for big bulls post rut. My tag was open before and after that. I ended up taking a 396" gross, ran into a bigger one a couple days before, and there were a handful of other fantastic bulls in the zone from what we saw on game cams. Coastal Inlet Adventures has the best Rosie hunting in BC IMO - not always easy country but they have the best quality areas and bulls imo. Ben (the guide) is a seasoned pro that specializes in Rosie's.

IMO 36K CDN is a very liberal value for that hunt.

Weatherby Fan
03-19-2021, 01:53 PM

No one is badmouthing you at all and its not the intention......if you perceived it that way I apologize,

Its like the rifle Gary and I donate for raffle, we put a cost of $5600.00 on it as its required by the BC Gaming Commission.......thats if you paid full price for everything new+tax and labour, It cost about $2800 to put together, as we get a break on the parts and another HBCer give us the scope for a fraction of what it cost thanks Sako81...........

but again the intention is to sell tickets to raise funds for the conservation of Wild Sheep in BC and every penny goes to the cause so regardless of the advertised price of the ELK hunt or Rifle for raffle its just to raise funds thats it,

I donate a rifle or two every year because luckily I can, but to me the real heros are the men and women that donate their free time and do the controlled burns, tree thinning programs and capturing and relocation of sheep, Gary GEF Flach who builds these incredible rifles for donation for free and all the other great folks at the WSS of BC who put countless hours in all year long for nothing in return but knowing they are helping Wild Sheep in BC.

So lets give these folks a positive pat on the back.

LBM
03-20-2021, 09:22 AM
Cant seem to see it or may have missed it, but if the winner is it transferable to another person.
Thanks.

CR CRUISER
08-23-2021, 12:52 PM
So who won it?

pg83
08-23-2021, 04:21 PM
Myles Sandberg(spelling?) out of the koots, don't know if he's a member here but he's in for a helluva trip!