PDA

View Full Version : Jervis Inlet Blacktails??

coastalhunter
10-31-2007, 08:21 PM
Anyone ever head up Jervis looking for blacktails? Thought there might be some bigger animals around those parts due to it's remoteness??

MichelD
11-01-2007, 01:17 PM
I was there on a chum spawner count one frosty November weekend. Saw grizzly evidence, but no deer, only a handful of tracks along the river. They've gotta be there though.

jimh
11-01-2007, 05:49 PM
I was taking a delivery to someones house a few years ago and noticed a couple of really nice deer mounts and was told that they were both taken up Jervis on the same hunt. If those were an indication of whats up there I would say that there's some great deer up there. I say go take a look you've got nothing to lose. I spent a day there looking for a spring bear and seen some large deer tracks and had some shake blockers tell us about some of the deer they had been seeing. It would be worth it just to get away from the road hunters. Good luck. Jim

TIKA 300
11-01-2007, 07:06 PM
Lucky Ba_ _ _ _d If You Get The Chance To Get In There,and Good Luck Tk

MichelD
11-02-2007, 09:26 AM
You'd need a boat big enough to pack a quad though, if I remember right, that is a long road up the Skwawka River valley at the head, but there is also Deserted river, Stakawus Creek and High Creek at Deserted Bay that have roads too.

Which ones are passable and which aren't I don't know. Looks like a summer's worth of exploring, but a speculative trip would be a heckuva lot of fun!

7mm
11-02-2007, 08:09 PM
lots being taken at the head of jervis inlet last couple of days not to many docks to unload bikes and they are deactivating the roads up there as i type