PDA

View Full Version : Whitehorse Charters

killman
03-13-2021, 10:48 PM
Hey everyone. Long time no see... I managed to get a early draw 6-27A this year and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for flights out of Whitehorse. We do have the option to boat but would like to look at all options.
Also if anyone has any secret intel on where to go. That would be great!!!😂

Cheers

Stone Sheep Steve
03-14-2021, 07:28 AM
https://www.alpineaviationyukon.com/

https://www.blacksheepaviation.com/

Not sure if Atlin Air is still operating or not??

SSS

decker9
03-14-2021, 08:13 AM
We flew in with tintina from Atlin the year before last. Been in -27 a few times, I’ll toss a pm your way today.

killman
03-14-2021, 09:05 AM
Thanks guys!

Cat catcher
03-14-2021, 09:13 AM
There is no charter in Atlin anymore. Tintina and alpine out of Whitehorse. I have never seen black sheep here. But they possibly will fly this way.

boxhitch
03-14-2021, 12:12 PM
There was a new Beaver flying out of Atlin in 2019, are they done already?

decker9
03-14-2021, 12:52 PM
2019 is when we flew with tintina in a blue grey and white beaver. The pilot was new to the area, from Ontario I believe. Good guy and good pilot. They didn’t seem to busy when we went, maybe not enough worth keeping a plane there?

Hey Cat catcher, are you addicted to that Atlin coffee too? I bought a couple bags in 2019, they been taking my money ever since haha, the stuffs amazing!

Cat catcher
03-14-2021, 01:15 PM
Yep tintina never lasted, had pilot issues and such it wasn’t going good. No one here now. I know the outfitters liked alpine.

Cat catcher
03-14-2021, 01:16 PM
There good friends of mine the coffee roasters, yes I love it too.

klondiker
03-14-2021, 11:28 PM
One thing to keep in mind, and will need a follow up, is that the Yukon requires anyone entering to self-isolate for 14 days or have an approved (territorial government) alternative self isolation plan. I live in the Yukon and work in Alberta and after every 14 day rotation, I have to self-isolate at my house. Land borders and airports are all monitored, so there's no sneaking through

Silver Stones
03-15-2021, 06:59 AM
One thing to keep in mind, and will need a follow up, is that the Yukon requires anyone entering to self-isolate for 14 days or have an approved (territorial government) alternative self isolation plan. I live in the Yukon and work in Alberta and after every 14 day rotation, I have to self-isolate at my house. Land borders and airports are all monitored, so there's no sneaking through

Obviously double check this (Klondiker is in the territory - we've just inquired), but when we were applying for the NW BC draws we got information from the COVID-19 Information Center that, as long as you can demonstrate that you will be in the territory for less than 24hrs before coming back into BC, and can follow all other relevant COVID-19 guidelines you will be OK. This is how it ran last summer (Had a buddy fly into 6-28 for August 1, after the border had closed down).

As for charter, I'll second Alpine Aviation - really flexible and will work with you to make dates/times/adjustments work.

Stresd
03-15-2021, 11:24 AM
Have flown numerous times with Alpine Aviation, and have always had excellent service. Janet goes out of here way to make sure things go right.8-)8-)

killman
03-15-2021, 07:13 PM
Self isolation on a mountain top?

Tuffcity
03-17-2021, 12:50 PM
Tintina usually has a beaver staged out of Atlin for the summer, early fall. Not sure if they did last year though. Alpine will get you in too but they fly out of Whitehorse. If the self isolation regs are still in force just don't BS about what you're up too. Apparently a couple of BC guys were up last week on a Special Guided bison hunt ( Territory version of a Permit to Accompany) and they claimed at the border that they were going to Atlin. CO's doing routine checks found them in the YT bush hunting with a resident... CEMA ticket is $500/day.

bangbangkhan
03-17-2021, 01:53 PM
Janet @ http://www.alpineaviationyukon.com/

klondiker
03-19-2021, 10:07 PM
Self isolation on a mountain top?

Prior to going moose hunting this past September, I actually had to apply to the Yukon government with my alternate self-isolation plan on wanting to go hunting, and then I had to state my plan on how I was going to get from my house to where I go moose hunting south of Dawson City. It can be a painful process, especially when it comes to just wanting to get out in the bush hunting, but just follow the right channels and rules - I haven't had any issues. I just had to get an alternate self-isolation plan approved last week so that I'm able to go into Whitehorse and get my COVID vaccines. I'll be doing the same in a couple months when I head out for spring grizzly hunting on my own, because you never know when you're going to run into the RCMP, a CO or a Natural Resource officer.