PDA

View Full Version : Hilleberg owners

upongrassy
03-12-2021, 03:09 PM
Hello,

I’m wondering where you fellas with Hilleberg tents have purchased them. I understand they are not sold here in Canada. I’m just wondering what site you have had experiencing purchasing your Hilleberg tents. Also your experience what was the duty/unseen charge situation?

Thanks

HighCountryBC
03-12-2021, 03:41 PM
I have two - purchased a Nallo 2 GT through Barney's Sports Chalet years ago. I had it shipped to a place in Washington, picked it up on a trip down there so no duties. Great service from Barney's and wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

The second was an Akto for solo trips. I ordered directly off the Hilleberg website. Can't remember what I paid in duties but it wasn't bad. It's either that or find a used one. There's usually several that come up on various sites throughout the year.

decker9
03-12-2021, 05:24 PM
I bought a new without tags nallo 2 off of the rockslide, it saved me a few dollars, shipped usps with no additional charges. If your looking for such tent, I’d let it go for what I paid for it, as I prefer the free standing tents. It has 6 nights use.

upongrassy
03-13-2021, 07:19 PM
thanks for the info.

Decker, I’m actually looking to get a Rogen tent. Thank you for the offer on the Nallo.

Ride Red
03-13-2021, 07:40 PM
Are you stuck on Hilleberg?

300rum700
03-13-2021, 07:42 PM
Whatever the exchange works out to add 30% for duty and taxes.

upongrassy
03-14-2021, 08:45 AM
Ride Red, what suggestion do you have? I have a original MSR Hubba Hubba I’ve used for the last 7 years. Last year the mesh took a beating and is currently gorilla taped to oh heck. Thanks again for replies gents.

huntcoop
03-14-2021, 09:01 AM
Ride Red, what suggestion do you have? I have a original MSR Hubba Hubba I’ve used for the last 7 years. Last year the mesh took a beating and is currently gorilla taped to oh heck. Thanks again for replies gents.

Contact MSR for replacement.

decker9
03-14-2021, 09:11 AM
Excellent choice on the Rogen I think. That’s what I’ll be switching to as well.

If your hhnx fly and poles are in not bad shape, I’d be interested in them if you’d want to part with them.

Ride Red
03-14-2021, 04:24 PM

I bought a Mountain Hardware Aspect3 which is setup in my basement right now and it looks solid. Light with extra tie down points and it’ll get tested on this years sheep hunt. I did look at Hilleberg, but I wasn’t happy about the pricing. The other problem I have is I’m 6’5” and most tents don’t fit me. https://www.mountainhardwear.ca/en/p/aspect-3-tent-1830091.html

Weatherby Fan
03-14-2021, 04:52 PM
I bought a Nallo GT 3 man tent on eBay and a 1 man Akto from rockslide, both at half the cost of new.