PDA

View Full Version : trophy deer of british columbia book

bc-shedder
10-30-2007, 09:28 PM
Does any 1 no wat year the last one was published and put out and wen the new 1 will be out

mark
10-30-2007, 09:35 PM
I believe Rick made his last book in 2005. He hasn't said if, or when he'll make another! Awesome books though, I have his first and last book. Ill be in his next one if there is one!!!

boxhitch
10-30-2007, 09:57 PM
The whole 'Wildlife Trophies of BC Club' is sort of wallowing like a dead boat, as I understand. No new interest in carrying the flag, no fundraisers, etc. Sad, if thats still the case. Entries still accepted, though. IIRC

bc-shedder
10-30-2007, 09:59 PM
hmmmmmm well wonder wat book i sent my deer in for i sent it away in 05 and they said if i got it in it would make it i donno

Mr. Dean
10-31-2007, 12:06 AM
I've got the latest and greatest BC Records Book. PM me your name and species, and I'll look it up.

Caveman
10-31-2007, 11:02 AM
I've got the latest and greatest BC Records Book. PM me your name and species, and I'll look it up.

What's the publication date of the lastest Mr. Dean? I also submitted a muley in '04 or '05

Mr. Dean
10-31-2007, 11:13 AM
What's the publication date of the lastest Mr. Dean? I also submitted a muley in '04 or '05

Ummmm, good question.

I just looked it up; entries received to september 15th 2002. Copy 1932 of 2000.

Sorry guy's, I thought it contained stuff up to 2005 (I just bought it at last years show...).

My Bad.

Will
10-31-2007, 05:19 PM
...entries received to september 15th 2002. Copy 1932 of 2000.
Yep that's the 5th Edition and the "Last" edition they have produced...........

Dam Shame that the Record's Club seems to be sliding.......sign of the times I guess:cry:

dana
10-31-2007, 05:53 PM
You guys are refering to the Big Game Records Of British Columbia 5th Edition which is not what the original post is about. The question asked about Rick Berreth's book, Trophy Deer of British Columbia. Rick just put out the 3rd Edition in 2005. He has bucks from the 2004 season in the book. The actual records pages in the back are updated slightly, but aren't much differenet than the 5th Edition of the Big Game Records. It is quite the job putting out a book like that, with 11 years between the 2nd Edition and the 3rd Edition. The Big Game Records was 7 years between Editions.

boxhitch
10-31-2007, 07:05 PM
Why does Berreth feel the need to put out his own book, instead of a colaberation with the Club ? Is his a better book ?

mark
10-31-2007, 08:41 PM
You guys are refering to the Big Game Records Of British Columbia 5th Edition which is not what the original post is about. The question asked about Rick Berreth's book, Trophy Deer of British Columbia. Rick just put out the 3rd Edition in 2005. He has bucks from the 2004 season in the book. The actual records pages in the back are updated slightly, but aren't much differenet than the 5th Edition of the Big Game Records. It is quite the job putting out a book like that, with 11 years between the 2nd Edition and the 3rd Edition. The Big Game Records was 7 years between Editions.

Thanks Dana, I thought I was the only one who Knew what we were talking about! :-)

Will
10-31-2007, 08:43 PM
Thanks Dana, I thought I was the only one who Knew what we were talking about! :-)
Wow good thing you Two are on the same ball.......or balls :lol:

The thread took a spin to the BC records Book on post #3.....some of us were answering those enquiries :wink:

Not everyone is ignorant of Mr. Berreth.

boxhitch
10-31-2007, 08:58 PM
The thread took a spin to the BC records Book on post #3..
Did I get off topic again ?
My point still stands though.

boxhitch
10-31-2007, 09:03 PM
Not everyone is ignorant of Mr. Berreth.

Why does Berreth feel the need to put out his own book, instead of a colaberation with the Club ? Is his a better book ?Enlighten me.

mark
10-31-2007, 09:24 PM
Rick is an official B&C scorer from PG. Im pretty sure hes just a deer nut that wanted to make a book about trophy deer, not just official high scoring deer. his books have tons of great photos, scores, and some stories of great deer. His categories include, officially and unofficially scored deer, unique racks, wide racks, does with antlers, as well as other interesting info about deer in B.C. Hid first edition book was my bible as a teenager! My avtar buck missed making the cuttoff for his last book by 1 week! :(

bc-shedder
10-31-2007, 09:38 PM
well i sent mine to nanoose im pretty sure and they sent me a reward and said itll be in the new book so is that were bareth is from or is that where u send them into Boone and crocket awards book im curious cuz i want to c this book and c my pride in a book lol

dana
10-31-2007, 09:40 PM
The Club's Record book is just that, a record book. Lists with names and scores for all the big game species of the province. Not really what most would call a good read. It is in the trend of the B&C record book. Min Scores are a tad lower than the B&C and the recognize the biggest animals taken in BC history. This is totally different than Rick's books. Trophy Deer of BC is focused on deer and has tons of pics and stories. He tracks down the actual pictures to go with the 'records', so you can be in awe of a buck rather than just see a number refering to the score. He has historical old timer pics and even pics of sheds. It is a documentation of what this province has and continues to produce. I have several books from several states that are similiar, but Rick's book seems to be a step above the Yanky books. Rick's book is a must have for any diehard deer hunter.

horshur
10-31-2007, 09:47 PM
well i sent mine to nanoose im pretty sure and they sent me a reward and said itll be in the new book so is that were bareth is from or is that where u send them into Boone and crocket awards book im curious cuz i want to c this book and c my pride in a book lol

Nanoose bay is address for Wildlife Records of BC. Not Rick Berreths book.

www.wildliferecordsofbc.con (http://www.wildliferecordsofbc.con)

dana
10-31-2007, 09:49 PM
Shedder,
Nanoose Bay is where the Trophy Wildlife Records Club of British Columbia is located. You probably received a nice certificate and your buck will have been entered into their records. Your name will be in the next Record Book, which seem to come out every 7 or so years. The B&C takes about the same amount of time to put out their All-Time record book as well.

Mr. Dean
10-31-2007, 11:56 PM

Well lets see... I saw the following post FROM the original starter of the thread.

hmmmmmm well wonder wat book i sent my deer in for i sent it away in 05 and they said if i got it in it would make it i donno

Offered up what help I could. If for nothing else, as an elimination, with this reply.

I'm very aware of Mr. Berreth's book and I know the difference between it and the BC Big Game Records book. I had a chance to chat him up @ the Abbotsford show last spring (Mr. Berreth). He struck me as an extremely personable fella. I walked away wishing that it were possible to get him away from the crowds for a good ole BS session. He came across as being 'genuine' and I admired both of these traits.

Didn't buy his book though; I could only afford one and opted for the BC Book, as it covered multiple species. I'll be picking his up next spring - Count on it.

To bad about the tales of woe I'm hearing of the BC Book... Glad I got what maybe one of the last available.

bc-shedder
11-01-2007, 10:55 PM
thanks guys that helps me alot now i no wen i will have to start lking for the book

Jelvis
05-12-2008, 07:29 PM
How big does a mule deer buck need to measure to get into this book anyways? Just curious. Jel?

Caveman
05-12-2008, 07:44 PM
175 net typical & 195 non-typical. I have a card with all the minimum score required for all the species