PDA

View Full Version : BCWF Letter Writing Campaign

backcountry98
02-26-2021, 08:54 PM
Figured I would get the link on the mainland forum for more action.
Every letter counts folks!

https://bcwf.bc.ca/initiatives/your-right-to-hunt-is-at-risk/

Redthies
02-27-2021, 08:23 AM
Thanks for the link. I sent letters from both myself and my wife. Also sent via the WSSBC link. I will drive by my constituency office this coming week and see if they are open.

CheesyLimper
03-03-2021, 11:36 AM
Bringing this one to the top again too. I understand people may have some issues with the BCWF but more letters can only help. I have to add that only 4400 letters sent so far via this route which is pretty sad.

backcountry98
03-04-2021, 11:59 AM
Bringing this one to the top again too. I understand people may have some issues with the BCWF but more letters can only help. I have to add that only 4400 letters sent so far via this route which is pretty sad.

Thanks, I will proceed to keep this cycled to the top. Now is not the time to be bitching about what organization did what and when. This is a very positive campaign and all hunters should be willing to sign the letter and send. Those of you going the extra mile and meeting with your MLA that is good on you and the hunting community thanks you.

Rob Chipman
03-04-2021, 12:26 PM
Thanks, guys!

DannyO
03-04-2021, 08:46 PM
Done and done. I’m surprised the number is still so low, you’d think it’s gotten it’s push by now. Time to start recruiting!

3than
03-04-2021, 10:30 PM
Done and done. I’m surprised the number is still so low, you’d think it’s gotten it’s push by now. Time to start recruiting!

I'm amazed at the lack of signed emails. Over 100k registered BC hunters and it hasn't even broken 5k signed emails.

Rob Chipman
03-05-2021, 06:56 PM
Bump to top. The target is 25,000 from BCWF and 25,000 from WSS. Neither group is there yet.

BCWF is just over 5,000 - 20% of the way.

I'm not certain where WSS is, but I've heard they're about at the same level.

If you haven't sent the letter yet, get on it. We saw public outcry change the direction of policy in California recently. It works

"Hunters recently scored a big win in California when legislation that would ban all bear hunting in the state was withdrawn before it even had a chance to gain momentum. It's a victory that overcame what many hunters felt was a hopeless situation, in a state where so many battles have already been lost." (https://www.outdoorlife.com/story/blogs/opencountry/hunters-stick-together/)

Let's get on it!

Arctic Lake
03-05-2021, 07:46 PM
C’mon man let’s get your letters in ! Tell all and make sure they send it in !
Arctic Lake

BeerMan
03-06-2021, 07:41 AM
Signed it last night. Sending a link to my son this am.

dany
03-06-2021, 06:02 PM
Do we give up yet? Only 20% signatures received, out of a 25k target. You won't believe how many signatures were collected by the anti hunting advocates, we need to step up our game. IHunter should post this in their app, BCWF should send a hard copy via mail to all hunters to approach the elderly demographics. And it's disappointing that none of the heavy weights except blood origins have supported us with this.

Rob Chipman
03-07-2021, 10:37 AM
Don't give up. Share the program, and share WSS's program (those guys are really doing a great job!).

Contact your MLA directly as well.

backcountry98
03-08-2021, 07:02 PM
Annnd back to the top.
Sign and share folks. Even pass it on to friends and family that don't hunt.

WE NEED THIS!

huntingfamily
03-08-2021, 08:01 PM
Did mine today! Letter to my MLA going out...

Rob Chipman
03-10-2021, 03:33 PM
BCWF has broken 5500 on our way to 25,000. I think there are about 25k members on this forum, but I don't know how many are active.

Anyway, if you haven't signed and sent the letter, please go to it and do so.

If you have, please circulate the call to any of your hunting, fishing or just outdoor enthusiasts and ask them to sign on.

Here's the link:

https://bcwf.bc.ca/initiatives/protect-hunting/

After that go to WSS's campaign. Doubling up doesn't hurt. It helps.

Here's the WSS link:

https://www.wildsheepsociety.com/actnow/

Lionhill
03-11-2021, 01:34 PM
Done.

And shared.

umos
03-11-2021, 05:12 PM
Done, thanks for the reminders

one-shot-wonder
03-11-2021, 11:52 PM
Done X2, have a zoom meeting with MLA tomorrow. Come on folks, all outdoors people should sign it and send it on, whether a hunter or not, if they care about science based wildlife management and the future of our heritage!

Apathy is the self defence of the powerless....

backcountry98
03-14-2021, 06:36 AM
Annnd back to the top.

Lets get on this folks, pass this on to friends and family. Take some time and have a conversation with them so they understand how important this is.

And just because you only hunt deer or small game don' think this doesn't affect you. We are all in this together.

Thanks

glennw89
03-14-2021, 07:47 AM
I don’t even live in BC, but spent 5 minutes to compete.

If people are going to complain about negative outcomes, they had better be acting first.

backcountry98
03-23-2021, 06:46 AM
Back to the top. We cannot stop now, please pass this on if you havent already!!