View Full Version : Northbound clothing

Arctic Lake
02-20-2021, 10:53 PM
Anyone try this clothing line ?
https://northboundgear.co/
Arctic Lake

WetLeopard
02-20-2021, 11:13 PM
Following, those are some sale attractive prices if the product is of reasonable quality

KBC
02-21-2021, 12:01 AM
Designed in Canada and something about a conscience but no mention of where it’s made. Probably made in China and the sale prices are always displayed to make you think you’re getting a deal.

nature girl
02-21-2021, 11:21 AM
I just looked up the website. Looks pretty good. Contact info is Surrey, BC. But your pay in usd. Just stupid that is. If it was me I would phone the number or email them and make sure it is not coming from the states and you have to pay duty.

Arctic Lake
02-21-2021, 11:27 AM
I think its made in china , too, bad !
Arctic Lake

jetstar
02-21-2021, 06:02 PM
yes. i bought a pair of their waterproof pants last year. i was surprised when my credit card bill showed the $US amount. beware. i called the number and yes...foreign made. so on that front i thought it was a bit misleading. having said that, i wore them only once on a hiking/hunting trip and found them to be waterproof as advertised and sturdy in construction. I was happy with the way the performed. they fit well and i have no complaints.

adriaticum
02-21-2021, 06:09 PM
I just looked up the website. Looks pretty good. Contact info is Surrey, BC. But your pay in usd. Just stupid that is. If it was me I would phone the number or email them and make sure it is not coming from the states and you have to pay duty.

Yah, what she says.
Lots of Chinese companies will get Canadian addresses and make it appear that they are "domestic".
For example the office hours are 9am-3pm EST. Who in BC would advertise EST time zone for "office hours".
Looks totally fake.

walker1985
02-22-2021, 08:10 AM
I actually ordered 2 pairs of these pants for my wife and I. They bead water pretty good, they have some stretch to them, and they have a warm fleece lining inside too. Great for watching my kid play soccer in the rain and it blocks out a bit of the wind as well. I haven't taken them out to the bush though so I can't comment on the durability out there. I must say I wasn't expecting much and was a little weary after I made the purchase but surprised how good the quality was. For $116 it seems a little steep. I feel like these are really worth around $80. Just my 2 cents

boxhitch
02-22-2021, 09:28 AM
Yah, what she says.
Lots of Chinese companies will get Canadian addresses and make it appear that they are "domestic".
For example the office hours are 9am-3pm EST. Who in BC would advertise EST time zone for "office hours".
Looks totally fake.Good catch
likely just another Alibaba store

mddat
02-22-2021, 10:44 AM
You can find most of those exact articles of clothing on Amazon with a different name for a quarter of the cost

bang flop
02-28-2021, 08:51 AM
I bought a pair about a year ago. If I recall, was about $120 cad to my door.

They are comfy and warm. Stitching is not the greatest, but I’ve seen worse from big brand named clothing companies.

what I do like is they come in 36” length, which is rare and they fit long.

id buy them again.