PDA

View Full Version : grizzly hunt court challenge

gutpile
02-20-2021, 12:16 AM
haven't heard anything about that , anything happing ?

Redthies
02-21-2021, 08:03 AM
What are you referring to? Is there a court case under way that you know of, or are you asking if anyone else knows of one? You’d have to have a good argument for Provincial Court to hear that case. Much more than “I want to hunt G-bears”. I would expect it would take a legit civil rights complaint.

xfactor
02-21-2021, 08:20 AM
was there not a guide outfitting operation that was suing due to loss of revenue?

eric
02-21-2021, 08:53 AM
Yes there was a court challenge, and yes, Have not heard a word about it.
Maybe there is something on the GOABC web site ?
The couple who had started it all were in at Corlanes last fall, and talked a bit about it at the time.

IronNoggin
02-21-2021, 11:26 AM
Yes there was a court challenge, and yes, Have not heard a word about it.
Maybe there is something on the GOABC web site ?
The couple who had started it all were in at Corlanes last fall, and talked a bit about it at the time.

Several references were posted with much hullabaloo here and elsewhere when that suit was initiated.
Since then there has been nothing but ominous silence.
A check of the GOABC website suggests there has been no follow-up there as of yet.

Perhaps one of the other outfitters here might know what's happening? http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/images/smilies/confused0024.gif

Wondering...
Nog

gutpile
02-21-2021, 03:54 PM
that's what i was talking about , nothing but silence !

chilcotin hillbilly
02-21-2021, 06:59 PM
It is a hurry up and wait on the court system.

It is a class action lawsuit and has to go to the classification process before going to court. The court system has pushed off the class hearing until January 2022, nothing to see or hear about until that happens.

Ohwildwon
02-21-2021, 10:35 PM
It is a hurry up and wait on the court system.

It is a class action lawsuit and has to go to the classification process before going to court. The court system has pushed off the class hearing until January 2022, nothing to see or hear about until that happens.

It’s a crying disgusting shame

The SSS is upon some homesteads for sure

Prove me wrong

Redthies
02-22-2021, 04:17 AM
Sss??????????

BromBones
02-22-2021, 06:45 PM
Ron Fleming/Love Bros & Lee initiated the court challenge. They're looking for compensation for outfitters.

Last I heard the Province tried to stall by saying they didn’t have enough information on the claim to make a defence, but the judge ruled in favour of Fleming. I imagine we’ll get an update this year, Covid probably delayed the issue some.

gutpile
06-08-2024, 04:48 AM
Anything happening on the grizzly court case ?