PDA

View Full Version : Letter time folks!!

Steeleco
10-30-2007, 09:28 AM
Picked this up from Gunnutz this morning. This twit needs to be told :wink:
http://www.canada.com/victoriatimescolonist/news/letters/story.html?id=77dd13e6-f1ca-40dd-a533-ce59e2490a6d

Here's my letter:

I would like to comment on Mr Morgans letter "Hunters anything but real sportsmen" I would ask this gentleman just where his knowledge of what hunting is really like, comes from?. Obviously his knowledge of how our native cousins hunt is from a time when the white man first set foot on the North American continent. I fear his knowledge of modern day hunting is equally inaccurate?
It has always amused me how anyone with a keyboard can become a self proclaimed expert at something they have little if any knowledge. I might suggest the he refrain from such actions, as those of us that an extensive knowledge on this subject know how much of a fool this gentleman has made himself appear.

It's not my best attempt but an attempt just the same!!

Will
10-30-2007, 09:37 AM
These hunters call themselves sportsmen and yet they use military precision scopes and weapons that far exceed the ability needed to kill an animal. If they are really sportsmen, they would do what the aboriginal hunters do. Use guile, sticks and rocks to kill them, instead of going in as if they are going into combat with an armed doe.

What an Idiot.......I guess rather then selecting something that helps ensure a quick, effective and humane end to the animal we should club it to death with rocks for half an hour ? :|

Again.........what an Idiot.

JAYDEE
10-30-2007, 10:03 AM
This goof has just nothing better to do. Like Will says "WHAT AN IDIOT"

Avalanche123
10-30-2007, 05:20 PM
This opinion is just for discussion so don't beat me up too badly!

Why not consider just letting his letter slide and disappear? Perhaps by responding to it only fuels the situation as everyone has their opinion, as we know. By tomorrow, that one thought is gone.....send in letters and it can turn into a pissing match of them against us.

If a response needs to be generated, then keep all emotion out of it and just present factual evidence. Don't make assumptions as it only detracts from our credibility and lowers us to his level of diatribe.

That said, I agree with your response. I just suggest presenting two possible other options to consider.

hunter1947
10-30-2007, 05:24 PM
Well everyone out there that is an animal rights person ,,,,,,,,,,,i will tell you then you should be in a horse and buggie if you think that way ,you are poloting the air when you drive your car or truck down the hiway. http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon9.gif

BigfishCanada
10-31-2007, 09:01 AM
Its almost funny he is so "dumb", so many people make un educated comments like this Frank Morgan. He probably thinks that the natives only use bow and arrows to catch fraser salmon ....

WoodOx
10-31-2007, 10:41 AM
Ask him if he still uses leaves to wipe his dumb ass and a horse to get to and from work

abbyfireguy
10-31-2007, 11:01 AM
Hopefully he uses poison ivy and enjoys sitting down for a few days...:eek:
Victoria has quite a few anti-hunters in their area and this fellow just shows us how ill informed and foolish they can be...:roll:
Very patronizing and stereotypical towards our aboriginal communities as well...And I always thought all anti hunters had a politically correct fencepost up their collective behinds..
One learns something new every day.... ;)

bc sportsman
10-31-2007, 12:15 PM
Perhaps we should simply tell him that he should follow his own advice because he does afterall encourage using traditional methods.

He should forget about going to the 'superstore' to buy his meat and fish and do what they did in the old days himself. Hunt down them rabbits with rocks and sticks and traps. At least that way the animals and fishies stand a fighting chance rather than be slaughtered in abatoirs.

yote
10-31-2007, 12:59 PM
I thought the guy was speaking of the whale hunt with the 50 cal. that the natives are doing :tongue::tongue: