PDA

View Full Version : Ordering from gohunt.com experiences

MZac
02-11-2021, 01:19 PM
I'm thinking of ordering some gear from gohunt.com. Anyone have experience ordering from them? I don't want to get an expensive customs bill after the fact. Between that and the exchange it can make any savings negligible (which has happened to me with a few of these U.S. companies).

Pioneerman
02-11-2021, 01:22 PM
Ask them how they ship what you are ordering if they use a broker it will cost you more. You will pay duty and taxes on most everything .I think if products are made in State there is no duty,

Ron.C
02-11-2021, 01:32 PM
Yep, sucks when availability forces your hand to buy from the states. I guess you have to weigh off you want/need for the item vrs it's availability in Canada. When I inquired with a Canadian company I was told they were expecting an order in Mayish but couldn't guarantee if the product(s) I wanted would be included.

I recently bought a daypack lid for my pack from a US retailer and after exchange and customs paid about $35 more than if I bought the same item (that is not available) in Canada.

Paid a little more but got the item I wanted in a timely manner.

wifigary
02-11-2021, 03:26 PM
try promo code "RANDY" usually good for 10-15% off
it's from watching Randy Newberg youtube videos :)

whitlers
02-11-2021, 04:27 PM
Ordered some gear from them last year. Shipped USPS and was at my door in a week. Super easy company to deal with. I believe I paid duty but it was expected.

I would say they are pretty good same with S&S Archery.

firebird
02-11-2021, 04:55 PM
Ya they ship USPS so it’s a gamble wether it gets checked for taxes

monasheemountainman
02-11-2021, 05:34 PM
you only have to pay duty if its made oversees.

KBC
02-11-2021, 06:25 PM
ALWAYS get it shipped USPS! the other companies charge a big brokerage fee on top of the duties.