PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Rebel Jet Boats out of Cranbrook

msawyer
02-01-2021, 09:20 PM
Hello all... Anyone here had experience with Rebel Jet Boats out of Cranbrook. Would you recommend them?

msawyer
02-05-2021, 11:54 PM
What! No one has any thoughts on Rebel jet boats?

Ride Red
02-06-2021, 07:05 AM
Their open boats look fine for fit and finish as per their pictures, but their windshield boats leave something to be desired. Cab forward jet boats are the only way to go for space constraints, storage and handling.

Question for you; what’s your intended purpose? Every boat has it’s niche, so buying a boat for a specific task is easier than buying one in which being multipurpose is the goal.

emerson
02-06-2021, 10:23 AM
Their open boats look fine for fit and finish as per their pictures, but their windshield boats leave something to be desired. Cab forward jet boats are the only way to go for space constraints, storage and handling.

Question for you; what’s your intended purpose? Every boat has it’s niche, so buying a boat for a specific task is easier than buying one in which being multipurpose is the goal.
This. The purpose is key. Then actual budget. The water gets deep real fast budgetwise. I hunted for several years out of a 18’ Crestliner aluminum with a 50/35 jet tiller steer. I was $13,500 all in new. I regularly shared the River with boats worth $50-$80K. Next time I would go sport jet 15-16’ wide bottom, lots of stringers and gunwale tanks. I’m not into providing a bus for my friends that are too cheap though. One buddy that hunted with me paid all the truck and boat fuel, no questions asked. He understood my costs.

BromBones
02-06-2021, 10:35 AM
I’ve heard of a few guys that like them. If you’re just looking for an open sled/tiller, and want to support a small business they’d be a good outfit to go with.

Depends what your use is going to be though