PDA

View Full Version : Ordering from KUIU

JIL_24/7
01-29-2021, 09:51 AM
Hello,
Just wondering who here has ordered from KUIU recently. There is some confusing language with the third party they use to distribute to Canada. Were you charged anything in regards to customs? I have been burned a couple of times lately with other things where I was charged on delivery for things I wasn't expecting. Any info would be great before I place my order. Looking at the AXIS Hybrid.

porthunter
01-29-2021, 09:53 AM
If you order through the Canadian site and use EShop(Third Party), you should not get hit with any border charges.

That Axis line is a wicked choice!

bushpilot
01-29-2021, 09:54 AM
Just recieved a peloton 240 yesterday. Showed up my door, nothing extra. The price at checkout is all there is from the Canadian site.

Alpine Hunter
01-29-2021, 10:07 AM
As port hunter said, as long as you order through the Canadian Kuiu site, what you are charged at the checkout is what you pay. I just received an order this week. It arrived at my door with no issues. Once it crosses the border into Canada it travels via Canada Post which seems to be a bit behind schedule right now for obvious reasons.

g2mike
01-29-2021, 10:24 AM
as said above, if you order from the Canadian site, the price you pay at checkout is it, no extra charges.

jvezina
01-29-2021, 11:34 AM
no additional customs charges, returns go to a Canadian warehouse

JuicyJay
01-29-2021, 12:28 PM
Ordered both Axis Hybrid Jacket and Pants last week. Order placed Jan 19th, delivered Jan 27th. No additional fees or duty charges. Extremely quick IMO

umos
01-29-2021, 01:20 PM
Received my first order from them a couple weeks ago, no hassles, great gear. I've always used backpacking packs, can't believe how light 60 lbs feels in the KUIU pro system

JIL_24/7
01-29-2021, 01:28 PM
Thanks everyone. 15% off for one item for your first order seems like a good deal. Do they run better promotions at other times of the year?

JIL_24/7
01-29-2021, 01:32 PM
Also, one last question. 6'0" and 200lbs. Broad shoulders and kind of a meathead lol. Most of my clothing is L, but wondering if I should go XL given fit and layering. Any suggestions to those who have KUIU gear?

umos
01-29-2021, 01:38 PM
I went a size up on pants, which seems to be what most people do w KUIU. Worked for me

should add: worked for the waist, length needs to be hemmed

JuicyJay
01-29-2021, 03:29 PM
Also, one last question. 6'0" and 200lbs. Broad shoulders and kind of a meathead lol. Most of my clothing is L, but wondering if I should go XL given fit and layering. Any suggestions to those who have KUIU gear?

I also wear a L but decided to go XL for layering purposes and I'm glad I did

porthunter
01-29-2021, 03:35 PM
Thanks everyone. 15% off for one item for your first order seems like a good deal. Do they run better promotions at other times of the year?

Covid dependent there is usually a Kuiu Booth that goes around the province late spring. Most items are 15% off there plus you get to try it on and get a feel for sizing.

I'm 5'9, 175lbs and wear a large, Id say you're probably best off with an XL. Or if you're not in a rush, wait for the booth event. If you're down on the coast its usually in Abbotsford.

g2mike
01-29-2021, 03:55 PM
Kuiu sizing seems a bit all over the place me. I'm 6', 190lbs. Everything I own in Sitka is large and a perfect size except jetstream jacket is an XL for layering. With kuiu, Large in a peloton 240 is the best fitting piece of clothing I own. Large in a peloton 97 is tight in the shoulders, loose in the waist, and too short. XL in a peloton 97 is way too loose everywhere.

jvezina
01-29-2021, 04:28 PM
I got the attack pants and I should have sized up, they're snug in the waist and tight on the thighs. Even the coat I ordered is snug.

01-29-2021, 04:36 PM
Sizing is Kuius problem.
I am a XL in the Guide jacket and a L in the Yukon. But when you look at the sizing chart the measurements are the same.
if what you get doesn't fit send it back and get another one.

firebird
01-29-2021, 04:43 PM
Yes I agree. I tried the 3 big brands and went with Sitka. Sold all the kuiu

Kuiu is the worst for sizing, and fit issues all over the place

Blockcaver
01-29-2021, 05:34 PM
I buy KUIU Attack pants in the same size as my blue jeans, fit is no problem. I wear an XL top in almost everything and that has worked for all KUIU tops except the Guide Jacket which was too tight, got sent back and never replaced. The Chugach rain jacket, the Super Down ULTRA jacket, Peloton 240 and 97 all fit well in XL. Good luck and buy the XL top based on the size you listed.

JIL_24/7
01-29-2021, 05:52 PM
Thanks everyone. Went with the XL. Hopefully it fits well.

01-30-2021, 05:28 PM
If it doesnt they will take it back and you can get a different size..

Redthies
01-30-2021, 06:41 PM
If it doesnt they will take it back and you can get a different size..

First Lite is the same. If it doesn’t fit right, send it back and they will ship the correct size right away. FLs sizing is pretty accurate too if you use their chart, and their reviews have a spot for a persons height and weight and size they bought, and whether it was too big, too small or juuuust right.

MZac
01-30-2021, 06:49 PM
Covid dependent there is usually a Kuiu Booth that goes around the province late spring. Most items are 15% off there plus you get to try it on and get a feel for sizing.

I'm 5'9, 175lbs and wear a large, Id say you're probably best off with an XL. Or if you're not in a rush, wait for the booth event. If you're down on the coast its usually in Abbotsford.

Curious how to get notified of this and if other brands participate? Any more info appreciated.

swampthing
01-30-2021, 07:04 PM
The axis is a great choice for cold weather gear. Wore mine snowmobile/predator hunting today. As said, size up. Your order will be duty free if ordered off the canadian pricing. I just got a boxful yesterday!

thelongjohnson
01-31-2021, 09:55 AM
I've ordered over the phone and had my items in 10 days with standard shipping, no custom charges. Also I was told by the rep over the phone that some promo codes only work on the US site or if you call to place an order.

RackStar
01-31-2021, 10:42 AM
Another happy axis owner here.

i have the pants and love them.

Noreasny
01-31-2021, 02:31 PM
Curious how to get notified of this and if other brands participate? Any more info appreciated.

get on their email list and they let you know when they are having gear days

Noreasny
01-31-2021, 02:34 PM
I always order from the us site sometimes you get hit with duties sometimes you don’t when you do it works out to the same price as ordering off their Canadian site but with the us site you can earn inner circle points and you get a 20% off 1 item on your birthday