PDA

View Full Version : Another Suggestion - Return from Being Banned

The Hermit
01-22-2021, 08:34 PM
There are a number of people that have been banned or given a time out from HBC more than a few times - serial offenders if you will.

It would be cool if after being banned from HBC and before being granted the privilege to return to full membership, if the banned person was required to write an open apology outlining: their understanding of why they were banned; how that behaviour affects the site and possibly specific members; accept responsibility for their actions, and to promise to cease and desist from similar behaviour in the future.

Thoughts?

IslandWanderer
01-22-2021, 08:53 PM
Seriously, this is a silly idea.

Edit: maybe the person wishing to return from being banned could make a donation towards an organization specializing in the creation of 'safe spaces'.

mrdoog
01-22-2021, 09:09 PM
There are a number of people that have been banned or given a time out from HBC more than a few times - serial offenders if you will.

It would be cool if after being banned from HBC and before being granted the privilege to return to full membership, if the banned person was required to write an open apology outlining: their understanding of why they were banned; how that behaviour affects the site and possibly specific members; accept responsibility for their actions, and to promise to cease and desist from similar behaviour in the future.

Thoughts?

Sounds like what we had to do in kindergarten when someone hurt our feelings

IslandWanderer
01-22-2021, 09:10 PM
Sounds like what we had to do in kindergarten when someone hurt our feelings

Lol, now I'm wondering if it was intended as a joke. If so, it was a good one and I fell for it.

RugDoctor
01-22-2021, 09:13 PM
Lol, now I'm wondering if it was intended as a joke. If so, it was a good one and I fell for it.
Has to be a joke. It’s that ridiculous. It must be.

The Hermit
01-22-2021, 09:16 PM
LOL My guess is that people against are likely those naughty boys and girls that have been banned. (See what I did there? Poked ya with the standard lefty playbook! Hahaha) Sounds like you wear a banning as a badge of honour! More like juvenile detention than kindergarten! :-P

adriaticum
01-22-2021, 09:19 PM
I think that might be a good idea. Or something similar to that.
You know most people wouldn't do it and would not return.
But the ones that would are serious and can learn to overcome their ego.
Everyone needs a little tenderising of their ego once in a while.
Some people behave like children sometimes.
Not me.
:mrgreen::mrgreen:

IslandWanderer
01-22-2021, 09:21 PM
LOL My guess is that people against are likely those naughty boys and girls that have been banned. (See what I did there? Poked ya with the standard lefty playbook! Hahaha) Sounds like you wear a banning as a badge of honour! More like juvenile detention than kindergarten! :-P

Lol, nicely done! That's like something I would write.

Surrey Boy
01-22-2021, 09:53 PM
Has to be a joke. It’s that ridiculous. It must be.

It's leveraging a premise of victimization to enforce conformity.

Bustercluck
01-22-2021, 09:59 PM
I’d rather stay on permanent ban.

RugDoctor
01-22-2021, 10:00 PM
It's leveraging a premise of victimization to enforce conformity.
Something like, “I see the error of my ways. The Party is right....always right. I am corrected now” absent independent thought? Like that?

srthomas75
01-22-2021, 10:08 PM
if I described how I feel about this idea I might be banned. [ sofa king we todd it ] great idea for grade school, not so sure about adulthood.

Gateholio
01-22-2021, 10:27 PM
Maybe we should get the aggrieved members to fill out victim impact statements too?

BimmerBob
01-22-2021, 10:35 PM
Hermy, you have been living in Victoria too long and it has impacted your brain in a severely negative way, you should sell and move someplace with less policktions and pc brainwashing before you are totally converted.

The Hermit
01-22-2021, 11:06 PM
Maybe we should get the aggrieved members to fill out victim impact statements too?

hahahaha perfect!

Surrey Boy
01-22-2021, 11:09 PM
I’d rather stay on permanent ban.

Yeah, if HBC is going to have the same requirements as Facebook, we may as well all move to Facebook. Less cost for Marc, less trouble for Clarke.

.330 Dakota
01-23-2021, 12:17 AM
Well, this is a social internet site for hunters,,,,being on it is sometimes entertaining, and sometimes informative,,but seriously who couldnt live without it,,,I was given a 3 day ban for engaging a female troll during the 2015 election,,I told the moderator to stick it and never even looked at this site for a year,,yes Im back,,but Id have no trouble if I was never here again,,its the interweb,,,it could crash tomorrow,,who cares,,,so I must presume,,that The Hermit was joking,,cant speak for others but the social internet isnt that important to me

ACE
01-23-2021, 12:18 AM

​Banned member vs Aggrieved members . . . . in a pillow fight. Milk and ginger snaps for refreshments afterwards.

madcalfe
01-23-2021, 07:04 AM
hahah or maybe people in todays society should grow a pair and stop being so sensitive

Gateholio
01-23-2021, 09:04 AM
WARNING: Naughty language

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruKgZwPN-rE

The Hermit
01-23-2021, 03:07 PM
Wait Gate.. presumably people get banned for a reason beyond just having an opinion that differs than yours right? Your role is to enforce the HBC rules right? Repeat offenders need to follow the rules, harden the phuck up, and quit whining or **** off! So far I've only got two people on my ignore list and both of them have posted on this thread. I don't know what they said but I don't give a sweet patootie. LOL Am I joking? Well maybe permanent bans would work too... need more of that then!

https://youtu.be/RX6j3hJUA-A?t=74

Gateholio
01-23-2021, 05:26 PM
Oh sorry, I thought this was supposed to be a comedy thread?

Between this thread and the kind and gentle thread, there has been plenty of good comedy on HBC. :)

The Hermit
01-23-2021, 07:58 PM
There is always a kernel of truth in a good stain! Haha

WhiteTailAB
01-23-2021, 08:20 PM
Just fill out a butt hurt report and sign back up.

Surrey Boy
01-23-2021, 09:25 PM
Frequently banned members are the most fun to bait and snare.

emerson
01-24-2021, 10:47 AM
I just individually ban them using the ignore list.

Surrey Boy
01-24-2021, 11:58 AM
I just individually ban them using the ignore list.

It's not enough. Some people want to impose their ignore list on everyone, just to make sure we're not exposed to wrong ideas.

WhiteTailAB
01-24-2021, 12:22 PM
You guys should head over to outdoorsmen forum, the mods there live for the ban hammer lol. Half the crap here wouldn't fly there and I feel like CGN would send the mods into a safe space.

dino
01-24-2021, 12:25 PM
Hbc cant afford to lose any more members so i dont think anyone will be kicked out anytime soon.
Is this even a hunting site anymore?

RugDoctor
01-24-2021, 12:27 PM
Hbc cant afford to lose any more members so i dont think anyone will be kicked out anytime soon.
Very much a hunting site.....over on the hunting forums. Not so much here on the politics and debates or open chat forums where you are.

REMINGTON JIM
01-24-2021, 10:16 PM

Says the Guy who started a thread about a COP doing his job and a BAD guy got shot - maybe you practice what your preaching ! NOT much ABOUT Hunting there ! :shock: RJ

Surrey Boy
03-17-2021, 12:18 PM
Most pathetic thread on this forum.

Surrey Boy
04-27-2021, 09:25 AM
Edward Teach, this was originally about you.

Anything to say?

RyoTHC
04-27-2021, 09:34 AM
Can we just have a system where we can vote to ban someone and if over 50 percent of the active membership votes, they are gone! I’m sure I’m getting pretty close 😂

RyoTHC
04-27-2021, 09:39 AM
Says the Guy who started a thread about a COP doing his job and a BAD guy got shot - maybe you practice what your preaching ! NOT much ABOUT Hunting there ! :shock: RJ

man you’re a bully! Don’t hurt anyone else’s feelings.

guntech
05-04-2021, 07:29 PM
I wish a statement from the moderator who banned the member would be posted in the banned members profile... including why the member was banned, his actual name and when the ban may end...

Downwindtracker2
05-05-2021, 09:35 AM
If the comment was a personal attack, maybe. Rudeness has no place.

huntcoop
05-05-2021, 10:36 AM
Wow is society ever soft.

ghost
05-05-2021, 11:35 AM
everyone is working on their victim resume.you need one to advance