PDA

View Full Version : Mu 5-03

Rusty
10-28-2007, 05:11 PM
Well it's off to 5-3 after Moose. Anyone been in the area the last week or so?
Also how is the Mule Deer hunting?
looking forward to all the replies....

scuba
10-28-2007, 05:39 PM
where abouts in 5-03 are you planning on hunting?

CooperSscat
10-28-2007, 07:53 PM
I've never seen moose in 5-03..........there's lots of mulies though!

Don in BC
10-28-2007, 08:39 PM
I've taken lots of moose out of 5-03. Guess ya gotta know where to go:biggrin:

Rusty
10-28-2007, 09:21 PM
Thanks for the reply guys, I think I will start in the west part of the zone and work my way East? kinda through the middle, Depending on road conditions?
Never been in there, usually hunt the other side of the Bella Coola highway.
I here is been raining there, I was hoping of course for SNOW>>
I imagine the Mulies will have worked there way toward the Fraser and gang area?
Thoughts on where to start? Don!! lol
Rusty

westcoaster
10-28-2007, 09:30 PM
Was in 5-4 last week and came through gang ranch for the return trip.

sunday was cold ~0* overnight to 5* during the day
big wind blew in on monday night and the temps went way up. +17* during the day and ~+13* midnight tuesday night. the heavy winds blew in again wed day/night and the temp dropped like a stone with rain overnight and little snow thurs morn.
Thursday night/friday morn it was around -8* and got up to +8 by noon fri the 1 1/2" of snow was dropped wed night/ thurs morn was reduced to a skim.

When I camped on 2600 road fri night the overnight temp was back to 0* clear skies and sunshine was pretty much the norm for last week along with a full moon. The clouds appeared to be rolling in on sat morn.

We didn't get anything but a couple chickens. The wife and kids (4 and 6) had a blast.

westcoaster
10-29-2007, 07:13 AM
..... and the ever important logging truck info....

they were hauling down 2000 road and (looked to be) 2400 road 24 hrs a day five days a week. Earlier last week the traffic was particularly heavy It starts around 1:00 am and goes to about 3:00 pm or so for the most part. but at times they were going 24 hours. These aren't your "standard" logging trucks, these are the longer B trains hauling beetle wood. (three bunkers of set length logs) while 2000 road is wide enough, and there appears to be an expectation of vehicles with no radio on the part of the truck drivers.

unfortunatly no snow but a lot of dust.... Hope your hunt goes well.