PDA

View Full Version : savona area

Vanguard
10-28-2007, 12:35 PM
I need some help. My father and I are going to Savona but dont know the area well. Can you guys help with a road or two that we can check out. Any info will help.

Sooke Hunter
10-28-2007, 01:10 PM
Deer or moose??

Derek_Erickson
10-28-2007, 02:11 PM
Just follow all the other guys that are already up there :smile: personally would go somewhere else if your comin to hunt just "savona" its overhyped and overhunted

Vanguard
10-28-2007, 02:26 PM
We are planning on leaving tonight to hunt deer for a couple days. We normally hunt the northside of Loon Lake but thought we try out Savona.

4 point
10-28-2007, 03:52 PM
Try the hills south of Savona up the Tunkwa Lake Rd. There are lots of roads going in every direction. There are some nice bucks and the odd moose around. But watch out for quads.

Steve W
10-28-2007, 07:42 PM
Wa up in the Savona area for most of the morning. Went up Guichon creek to the powerline and then over to the Logan Lake area along the roads along the powerline. Up top there is some older snow. Not much fresh sign, but some guys were seeing does. No bucks seen. Same for the Tunkwa and Dominic roads in the same area in the afternoon. Not a lot of hunters around.

Good Luck.

hunter1947
10-29-2007, 06:11 AM
Dead mans creek is a good area to hunt. When headed to savona from cash creek ,turn off to your left on the road it is just before you cross the river before coming into savoa. Head back up about 20klm keeping to your right at all times ,you should get into good hunting.http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif

trailhunter
10-29-2007, 07:19 AM
yeah ive hunted savona a few times and personally think hunter1947 is right.............ive seenalots of animals in the cash creek area.