PDA

View Full Version : Norish Creek FSR?

Phoneguy
10-28-2007, 12:13 AM
Any point exploring it and the spurs off of it?

Thanks
James

FLHTCUI
10-28-2007, 05:19 AM
Maybe you could go and scout it out and get back to us here later this evening ( Sunday Night )
Good Luck and be safe !
Rob

TIKA 300
10-28-2007, 06:46 AM
Was Past There Yesterday Off Hawkins Pickle.there Was A Locked Gate Up<but Lots Of People With Quads Were Going Through !!!! Tk Last Year Up There They Had Seriously Deactivated A Lot Of The Side Roads But Unsure If Quads Could Make Them Or Not.

rishu_pepper
10-28-2007, 08:08 AM
Went up there a few weeks back, some not-too-fresh bear scat and that's about it. Tried to call in a coyote but no luck.

Will
10-28-2007, 09:55 AM
Maybe you could go and scout it out and get back to us here later this evening
:lol:............

kazul
10-28-2007, 11:01 AM
Tons of quads and dirt bikes,be very carefully where you shoot.
I've been up there a few times lately and haven't seen too much deer sign.
Alot of deactivated roads(less humans) so if you want to do alot of hiking you should be able see something.

Good Luck

Barracuda
10-28-2007, 11:26 AM
far too many people out with the family and such enjoying the area on quads and stuff during weekends. I normally let the weekend warriers have the weekend. Places to quad and off road are getting limited in the lower mainland so the well known areas tend to see alot of traffic.

Phoneguy
10-28-2007, 12:30 PM
I don't have a quad. and from google earth it looks like a mighty long upupupuphill walk to the logged areas. Google Earth is great for that kind of scoutning! The road is gated? I guess that ends it for me then.

James

rock
10-28-2007, 12:33 PM
As barracuda said to much traffic on the weekends mid week is best

Steeleco
10-28-2007, 07:39 PM
Tons of active logging on the east side of the road. The road itself will take you over to Chealis main. As the road in behind the Sasquatch in has been blocked, with the right vehicle you can go in Norrish and come out Harrison west FSR. Last fall there was a large slide blocking the top of the road but it must have been cleared??

lapadat
10-28-2007, 07:54 PM
I spoke with a guy this week who said he was turned around by a major washout - from a couple years ago - that has yet to be repaired.

lapadat
10-30-2007, 04:56 PM
The bottom end of Norrish (at the beginning of the gravel) is now gated 24/7 until further notice....not sure why or for how long.

Steeleco
10-30-2007, 06:40 PM
I wonder how we'd get to Margaret creek without having to drive all the way up Harrison west?? Last time out I spoke to some off roaders that didn't know they were heading to Harrison west. They had come up over Mystery creek, they had to come from somewhere, I just assumed it was Norrish?? The Chealis main is closed too!