PDA

View Full Version : Excalibur Twinstrike! Multiple shot crossbow...

01-07-2021, 01:11 PM
This is hard to take seriously... I’m just going to provide the link here:

https://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/crossbows/twinstrike/

How long does everyone think crossbows will still be legal for bow only seasons/areas in BC? One of my older hunting partners was thinking a crossbow would be a better option than getting back into a compound bow at his age - has there been any talk of regulation changes yet?

M.

Bubbacanuck
01-07-2021, 01:56 PM
Hard to believe... I’m just going to provide this link here:

https://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/crossbows/twinstrike/

How long does everyone think crossbows will still be legal for hunting in BC?

M.

I don't think this will change anything in all honesty. I think crossbows will remain legal in BC for a long time. Will they remain in the bow only season? Will magnified scopes remain on xbows during bow only season? These are likely more what could possibly change in the future. I think bow seasons may end up like the muzzleloader season.

I personally hope nothing changes. In my opinion, lots of regs already in place to provide fair chase. No need to over regulate.

rocksteady
01-07-2021, 02:14 PM
And i do not see this new bow as a threat to conservation, so to each his/her own. It aint no silver bullet

01-07-2021, 02:56 PM
I don't think this will change anything in all honesty. I think crossbows will remain legal in BC for a long time. Will they remain in the bow only season? Will magnified scopes remain on xbows during bow only season? These are likely more what could possibly change in the future. I think bow seasons may end up like the muzzleloader season.

I personally hope nothing changes. In my opinion, lots of regs already in place to provide fair chase. No need to over regulate.

I edited my original post. Mostly interested in whether there have been hints of regulation changes yet.

M.

todbartell
01-07-2021, 03:10 PM
I've handled the Twinstrike, it's pretty cool!

bcsteve
01-07-2021, 08:28 PM
I edited my original post. Mostly interested in whether there have been hints of regulation changes yet.

M.
There were talks of banning scopes last year but it got shot down.

Brew
01-08-2021, 08:40 AM
Very cool crossbow for sure. I could see this CB getting a lot of bad attention for having two shots especially after they wanted to ban CB scopes last year.