PDA

View Full Version : New Cabela's in Washington open soon

Tanya
10-27-2007, 06:22 AM
I see they are opening in November. Despite the fact I despise shopping I could possibly be lured there during a weak moment. ;)

http://www.cabelas.com/retail-2/retailStores_lacey--lacey_h.shtml

OOBuck
10-27-2007, 01:12 PM
There is a god! Can you say ROAD TRIP!!!:D

rishu_pepper
10-27-2007, 01:39 PM
We should organize a Huntingbc convoy down there for grand opening :biggrin:

boxhitch
10-27-2007, 04:13 PM
I'd rather spend my time organizing a 'boycott Cabelas' campaign.

OOBuck
10-27-2007, 07:58 PM
I'd rather spend my time organizing a 'boycott Cabelas' campaign.

Ok here we go, why?:cool:

kaptkannon
10-27-2007, 08:14 PM
Oh well, one less person in the line up. Wife and I have already planned the road trip for spring break.:grin:

boxhitch
10-28-2007, 11:20 AM
Ok here we go, why?:cool:
Call me a Patriot or Anti- USA, just don't call me when on stand.

Jagermeister
10-28-2007, 11:46 AM
Call me a Patriot or Anti- USA, just don't call me when on stand.I'm a patriot too, however, when it comes to spending a dollar on my passions, I don't draw a line in the sand.
As it stands, most everything we use for hunting is made beyond our borders. That means that it is imported and I believe in saving a buck wherever I can. At the current moment, with the rising value of our CDN$, we are being constantly ripped off by the importer/distributor. Now, I fully endorse buying locally, but not when there is 50 or 60% difference in current prices. The importer is quick to raise his prices on his current stock when the value of the CDN$ is declining but ihe does not reciprocate on the rising $ value.

Clam
10-28-2007, 01:29 PM
Lacey:mad:???
What a silly place for it:mad:!
Bellingham:smile: makes far more sense or, better yet, Blaine:idea:!
It makes you wonder how they ever got so big when they go putting their stores in places such as Lacey when Blaine is available.

pgstillhunter
10-31-2007, 01:34 PM
I saw a small announcement in one of our Canadian hunting mags that Cabela's has purchased S.I.R. Wholesale, that 85-year-old Canadian sporting goods store and mail-order house located in Winnipeg, and that they plan to open an S.I.R. outlet in Montreal. MONTREAL, for gawd's sake!

308BAR
10-31-2007, 02:05 PM
I'm a patriot too, however, when it comes to spending a dollar on my passions, I don't draw a line in the sand.
As it stands, most everything we use for hunting is made beyond our borders. That means that it is imported and I believe in saving a buck wherever I can. At the current moment, with the rising value of our CDN$, we are being constantly ripped off by the importer/distributor. Now, I fully endorse buying locally, but not when there is 50 or 60% difference in current prices. The importer is quick to raise his prices on his current stock when the value of the CDN$ is declining but ihe does not reciprocate on the rising $ value.

x2

Accessories are tough to come, the local stores just don't keep things in stock and if they can bring it in the turn around time is brutal. I look forward to visiting a store like Cabelas, where it is a hunting specticle and to also see some of displays would be very cool. I imagine it to be more like a theme park with the added bonus you could purchase things to take on your next hunt. :biggrin:

Jetboater
10-31-2007, 03:02 PM
I think with the canadian dollar being so strong you have to remember a few this, I only say this because I am in retail, and I sell products that come directly from the US(Thunder Jet Boats ,Plug Plug)when a hunting or fishing store books their product it is typically in the winter to early spring, the wholesaler books their product right after the buyers shows.. so in turn last year when our dollar was worth 83 cents that is when the store placed there order.... they dont get the price the day it arrives nor does the wholesaler...you will not see a price reduction until after the upcoming buyers shows end and the product arrives... the other catch is the retailer must sell all the existing product that they have before they can relay the savings...I am not making excuses for retailers not bringing down there prices because I have to on everything I sell... unfortunatly I have to sell off my stock at Cost ,pretty much to make up for the strong dollar...

the thing a lot of people dont understand is with my boats we have to pay 2500.00 more just for warranty in canada... let alone freight and taxes... we might be a higher priced at the start but when your boat is broken down on the start of a long weekend and you didnt buy it from me, guess when I will book you in.........(thats right! the week after the long weekend... whereas if your my customer I will do everything to make sure you get on the water....

sorry for the Rant... as for cabelas... I am excited to go have a look... will I drop a wad ... probably not..will I buy stuff I cant get here... for sure

ROY-alty33
10-31-2007, 03:58 PM
Lacey...who the heck wants to drive all the way to Lacey

30-06
10-31-2007, 04:31 PM
My Dad Drive's By The Every Week That He Work's:mrgreen:

Fosey
10-31-2007, 09:19 PM
Where the hell is Lacey washington and how far from the border?

bruin
10-31-2007, 09:30 PM
I just want to see the mountain of taxidermy

kaptkannon
10-31-2007, 11:10 PM
I'vs been to the one in Grand Forks Minnesota. And I don't care what anyone says it is impressive. The mountain of taxidermy, the running creek with live fish and giant aquarium with fish from the local habitat. I spent 3 hours just looking at all of the displays before I even started shopping. It is definitely something to experience once. Even if you are Anti-american it is something to behold and to see a store that strictly supports the sports that we all love will be something you remember.

Gateholio
11-01-2007, 12:00 AM
Lacey is almost n Olympia...South of Seattle.

Long drive from vancouver.

kutenay
11-02-2007, 06:53 AM
I tend to agree with Boxhitch, I have and do buy from Cabela's but only for items I cannot buy in Vancouver or Canada. It probably DOES cost me a bit more, but, I also GET certain considerations from Reliable Gun and Italian Sports plus Mountain Magic in Surrey that no Cabela's outlet will give me.

Some years ago, Gino at Italian had a spectacular German combo gun that was worth a LOT of coin. far more than I could raise in cash at the time and if I put that on a credit card, well, lots of you guys are married, too.........

Anyway, he just said to me, "I know you, I trust you, take it home and pay me as you can, a bit each month". I decided against it as I have two combo guns already, but, try to find THAT at Cabela's.

I also find the guys are pretty competitive on pricing if asked and being able to go into Reliable as a longtime, good customer and have Shane take the time to install a front sight for me, when I am in a hurry is worth whatever minor price difference there might be on most gear/guns. Each to his own, but, I prefer to buy Canadian, always have, always will.

Elkaholic
11-02-2007, 07:07 AM
I was looking at cabelas website and the new store I see is opening in post falls idaho. It opens nov 9th, and me and the family are heading down that long weekend to check it out. I will buy a couple things that I "could" get from here but pay 150$ more. And I have been told that the store itself is just spectacular.

Greenfields
11-02-2007, 08:15 AM
As far as it goes they put the stores in "odd" locations because they actually become a holiday destination! Tour buses and the whole shebang, they have usually chosen small towns that offer an excellent tax rate and are usually very welcoming to the numbers of visitors. The Cabelas in Michigan are on the ATF and Customs radars and they do regular licence plate checks there.

Cheers

ryanb
11-02-2007, 09:30 AM
How can we justify shopping locally now-a-days. I fully understand that shops may have brought their inventory in before the dollar began its rapid climb, but I just went to look at spotting scopes at my favourite local shop and they are literally 90-100% more expensive than ordering the same unit from the states. I'm always willing to pay a modest amount extra to buy things locally, but not THAT much. Someone is going to have to figure out a solution or Canadian retailers are gonna be going belly up at a rapid rate.

Sharkey
11-02-2007, 09:37 AM
It's about time there was one close enough for a quick trip... I've never been in one and am looking forward to a visit someday. But... like Costco - you have to watch out because there ARE better deals in other stores with alot of the items they sell. Can't get carried away with the novelty of it all.
~D

Sideofabarn
11-02-2007, 11:26 AM
All those who go to the Cabela's in Post Falls Idaho, forget not, that it's where the Buck Knife factory is too. Just putting it out there. I also think that Idaho's state taxes are less than Washington's. Cabela's is a destination store, not just a place to buy stuff. Which is to say that I remember gawking at all the displays, but never spent a ton of money there. I shop locally for some things, but for oddball stuff like say, an arrow saw, that purchase would be made at a redneck superstore.

boyd050
11-02-2007, 06:37 PM
yup if you look at their map it shows one in montreal! now those of us in the kootenays are looking real forward to the one coming NOV 9th just across the line but I gotta tell ya, the Sport ski haus in kalispell and whitefish are spectacular too! I get the shakes just walking through the door, wow they have everything! and prices... beat ANYTHING you can do here, so I'm with those who say who cares if it's the US we're gettiing ripped off, for instance the gun racks for your quad handle bars,,, canadian tire...59.99 plus our wonderful taxes, US any store... 1995 montana NO taxes, it's a no brainer... I just bought a burris scope with the spotting scope, 305.00 here 500 to 600 without the spotting scope... and we're not getting ripped off????

like the guy in the commercials say........... save your money!!!!

NightOwl74
11-02-2007, 09:56 PM
I'm tired of being a consumer that feels ripped off all the time. House prices, gas at the pumps, vehicles. Here's what I'm talking about. I found this cool wool hunting jacket on Cabelas website called the Columbia Gallatin Range Jacket, priced at 79$! Being a smart(poor) shopper, I did some shopping around on the Canadian side. I live in K-town so closest to me is Wholesale sports in Kamloops. They have the same jacket(although they call it the Columbia Monarch Pass jacket?), priced at 139$ Canadian! Same friggin jacket. Sorry but that pisses me off. I have no problems spending cash to the south as long as I feel ripped off here!.:shock:

huntcoop
11-03-2007, 08:31 AM
I'm tired of being a consumer that feels ripped off all the time. House prices, gas at the pumps, vehicles. Here's what I'm talking about. I found this cool wool hunting jacket on Cabelas website called the Columbia Gallatin Range Jacket, priced at 79$! Being a smart(poor) shopper, I did some shopping around on the Canadian side. I live in K-town so closest to me is Wholesale sports in Kamloops. They have the same jacket(although they call it the Columbia Monarch Pass jacket?), priced at 139$ Canadian! Same friggin jacket. Sorry but that pisses me off. I have no problems spending cash to the south as long as I feel ripped off here!.:shock:

x2. Well said.

Phreddy
11-03-2007, 10:13 PM
As far as it goes they put the stores in "odd" locations because they actually become a holiday destination! Tour buses and the whole shebang, they have usually chosen small towns that offer an excellent tax rate and are usually very welcoming to the numbers of visitors. The Cabelas in Michigan are on the ATF and Customs radars and they do regular licence plate checks there.

Cheers
HOLY CRAP!!!! You mean they're going to open a store in Princeton????????:eek:

Buck
11-04-2007, 03:28 PM
Not to long ago you could buy Meindle Canada boots at Cabelas for $219 in Vancouver same boot $450.So get your size in Vancouver then order them from Cabelas i for one will not be ripped of like that.And the list goes on.

Nester
11-09-2007, 11:50 PM
***Selected Cabela's Product at S.I.R.*** -> Selected Cabelas Product Exclusive to S.I.R. in Canada

Select product subcategory
Cabela's Archery
Cabela's Base Layer
Cabela's Bedding
Cabela's Camowear
Cabela's Cutlery
Cabela's Dog Train
Cabela's Food Prep.
Cabela's Gifts
Cabela's Ladies
Cabela's Men's
Cabela's Optics
Cabela's Outdoor
Cabela's Packs
Cabela's Sleep Bags
Cabela's Watches
Cabelas Product

Cabela's Branded Merchandise
Watch our site for more information.
Very soon we will be adding a selection of exclusive Cabela's merchandise which has been selected by S.I.R. Buyers for S.I.R. and Cabela's
You should check back during the first week of November or visit our Retail Store at 1300 Ellice Avenue in Winnipeg.
Have a Great Day Outdoors!
Cat. No. 100000
Price: $ 100000.00

Quantity:

http://www.sirmailorder.ca/show_subcat.php?category_id=45&PHPSESSID=a02ec71105f7a143d5699451f9602edd

http://www.sirmailorder.ca/show_prodlist.php?category_id=45&subcat_id=336&PHPSESSID=a02ec71105f7a143d5699451f9602edd
http://www.sirmailorder.ca/images/products/100000.jpg

boyd050
11-10-2007, 10:22 AM
***Selected Cabela's Product at S.I.R.*** -> Selected Cabelas Product Exclusive to S.I.R. in Canada

Select product subcategory
Cabela's Archery
Cabela's Base Layer
Cabela's Bedding
Cabela's Camowear
Cabela's Cutlery
Cabela's Dog Train
Cabela's Food Prep.
Cabela's Gifts
Cabela's Ladies
Cabela's Men's
Cabela's Optics
Cabela's Outdoor
Cabela's Packs
Cabela's Sleep Bags
Cabela's Watches
Cabelas Product

Cabela's Branded Merchandise
Watch our site for more information.
Very soon we will be adding a selection of exclusive Cabela's merchandise which has been selected by S.I.R. Buyers for S.I.R. and Cabela's
You should check back during the first week of November or visit our Retail Store at 1300 Ellice Avenue in Winnipeg.
Have a Great Day Outdoors!
Cat. No. 100000
Price: $ 100000.00

Quantity:

http://www.sirmailorder.ca/show_subcat.php?category_id=45&PHPSESSID=a02ec71105f7a143d5699451f9602edd

http://www.sirmailorder.ca/show_prodlist.php?category_id=45&subcat_id=336&PHPSESSID=a02ec71105f7a143d5699451f9602edd
http://www.sirmailorder.ca/images/products/100000.jpg
yeh but will they add the "canadian " pricing or will we be getting the "US" prices............

phoenix
11-10-2007, 11:03 AM
Just got my SIR flyer and the prices on Cabela brands look good to me. 5 meg game cam for $149!!!!!! Lots more also.
Kim