PDA

View Full Version : Anybody buy one of these guys? How is it?

Nailgunslinger
10-26-2007, 11:02 PM
http://www.canadacrossbow.com/

loki
10-27-2007, 06:39 PM
Careful how you post links in communities, some places could consider this advertising. My hint here would be to post a question with the link, and no your subject line doesn't count.

At any rate I don't fire one of these, but as for the question yes I use a crossbow. If all you are after is deer these will do the trick, however anything larger may require more kick. As always it's shot placement that counts, but that's not a very powerful recurve crossbow, with a very short powerstroke, so it probably wont hold downrange energy very well.

My question is the legality of these things in Canada as they are very compact. They are bigger than the restricted pistol sized xbows, but not by much.

For your information if you're looking for a crossbow in that price and size category, look at Barnett compounds. They are more affordable, and usually quite compact and light.

When looking at recurve crossbows you need two things, power stroke and draw weight. These lack both... so they won't be very powerful. Compound crossbows due to their nature need less of a draw weight to hold the same power.

Nailgunslinger
10-27-2007, 07:02 PM
Careful how you post links in communities, some places could consider this advertising. My hint here would be to post a question with the link, and no your subject line doesn't count.

At any rate I don't fire one of these, but as for the question yes I use a crossbow. If all you are after is deer these will do the trick, however anything larger may require more kick. As always it's shot placement that counts, but that's not a very powerful recurve crossbow, with a very short powerstroke, so it probably wont hold downrange energy very well.

My question is the legality of these things in Canada as they are very compact. They are bigger than the restricted pistol sized xbows, but not by much.

For your information if you're looking for a crossbow in that price and size category, look at Barnett compounds. They are more affordable, and usually quite compact and light.

When looking at recurve crossbows you need two things, power stroke and draw weight. These lack both... so they won't be very powerful. Compound crossbows due to their nature need less of a draw weight to hold the same power.

Well my question was about the crossbow from the website as in has anyone tried this brand or bought and used it and could give me a review. I'm not sure why this would be misconstrued as advertising , maybe if i said these are great check em out or something. I like that they are small and cheap,someting as a hiking bow that i woudn'y mind beating on. I'm more of a traditional bow shooter anyway. I'll check out Barnett though thanks for the info, although that sounds like advertising to me heh heh :wink:. As for the legality they are just legal I believe.

Dirty
10-27-2007, 07:04 PM
Those things look like cheap made in china crap!. Closely examine all the pictures and you will get my drift.

Nailgunslinger
10-27-2007, 10:36 PM
Those things look like cheap made in china crap!. Closely examine all the pictures and you will get my drift.

LOL Dirty your pretty anti-China latley hey haha. I dunno they say they make some of PSE's stuff and that they are made in Canada...and yes I read what you said about packaging and China lol. I dunno though Imma proly haveta try it out sometime if I can find a decent review.

Dirty
10-27-2007, 10:41 PM
Yup they are definitely made in Canada......................
http://www.laser-poelang.com.tw/Crossbow.htm . :eek:

Nailgunslinger
10-27-2007, 10:50 PM

haha you found that quick man. Taiwan....hmmm lol not China but pretty damn close. Everything seems to be made in China esque countries now. IF its not Japan I'm not really interested in any asian products.

Dirty
10-27-2007, 11:12 PM
haha you found that quick man
Never under estimate the power of google. Those things look like absolute shwag. I would feel nice to have $220 worth of crossbow explode in your face.

Nailgunslinger
10-28-2007, 11:03 AM
Never under estimate the power of google. Those things look like absolute shwag. I would feel nice to have $220 worth of crossbow explode in your face.

Yea that would be ghey. Sometimes cheap made crap can surprise you though. People used to hate Japanese cars and now they are more expensive and revered than domestic. Korea is on the way up as well in electronics. Pretty much just wanted to know if anybody had tried it and verified it as not worth strapping to your back for hikes through hellish country. If I buy a Crossbow , I wanna try the thing out first. Using my buddys today and all this week, see if I like em.

Mikedeeee
11-07-2007, 03:39 AM
I have the cammo bow from this site and it works fine. It shoots straight, fast and it’s very light weight. I shot an 8 point with it last year. It’s made by poelang (Perfect Line for those who speak English) I checked the site again and it doesn’t say anything about made in Canada, so I’m not sure where you got this made in Canada thing from. The guys at the site said that it is probably not good for moose, but it’s good for deer. I think it’s well worth the money.:razz:

brotherjack
11-07-2007, 08:51 AM
To be honest, that looks like the exact same ones you can buy on eBay for about $49 - see here: http://cgi.ebay.com/150-LB-Wood-Hunting-Crossbow-4X20-Scope-7-Bolts_W0QQitemZ230187966737QQcmdZViewItem?hash=ite m230187966737

I'd vote for something just a little more upscale, personally.

Bow Walker
11-07-2007, 11:20 AM

Some of those bows look like they'd be great shooters. It might be worth sourcing out a dealer here in Canada or in the U.S.

Mikedeeee
11-08-2007, 05:07 PM
I tried the ebay thing. I paid $69 US Dollars. He charged me $25 extra for shipping to Canada and neglected to tell me that I would need a firearms import permit to have it imported into Canada. :mad:This all happened when our dollar was around $70 US.

Anyway, Canada Post waited 3 months to tell me that the crossbow was sent back to the sender. Of course the ebay guy says that he never got it back.:mad:

This cost me $140 Canadian and I never got my crossbow. Ebay would not help because I was supposed to know that I needed a permit to import a crossbow, so all I could do was send negative feedback.

A small piece advise DO NOT ORDER A CROSSBOW THROUGH AMERICAN EBAY.

:mad:

Mikedeeee
11-08-2007, 05:10 PM
At least the canadacrossbow.com guy is in Canada. I had my bow in a few days, but it was hard to get together because I could not get the string on. I had a shop do it and they charged me for it.:evil:

brotherjack
11-08-2007, 05:16 PM
Since when do you need an import permit for a crossbow? I never heard of such a thing, and I've brought crossbows into Canada from the U.S. on several occasions (though, admittedly, never through mail order - though I always declared them to Canada Customs, and they never said a thing). A crossbow is not a firearm, and the firearms laws do not apply to it.

???

Dirty
11-08-2007, 05:21 PM
Since when do you need an import permit for a crossbow? I never heard of such a thing, and I've brought crossbows into Canada from the U.S. on several occasions (though, admittedly, never through mail order - though I always declared them to Canada Customs, and they never said a thing). A crossbow is not a firearm, and the firearms laws do not apply to it.

???

This looks a little fishy...Mikedeeee joins the site and all his posts are in this thread promoting the crossbrow. In addition,there is now this story here about not buying off of ebay. Hmm.. me thinks somebody is trying to pump their tire..........

Mikedeeee
11-08-2007, 07:49 PM
I'm just answereing the question that the post was created for. You guys are going off on some other topic, but you don't have one of these bows, you never shot one of these bows, you probably have never seen one of these bows, but somehow your all experts on these bows.

Try another post if you want to talk about other stuff. I answered the original question honestly, so now I'm done. You guys can trash China, Canada, and any other country that you happen to hate, but I'm through with you guys.

Have fun with your computer.
I'm gone hunting. See yaa!:lol:

Nailgunslinger
11-08-2007, 11:54 PM
I'm just answereing the question that the post was created for. You guys are going off on some other topic, but you don't have one of these bows, you never shot one of these bows, you probably have never seen one of these bows, but somehow your all experts on these bows.

Try another post if you want to talk about other stuff. I answered the original question honestly, so now I'm done. You guys can trash China, Canada, and any other country that you happen to hate, but I'm through with you guys.

Have fun with your computer.
I'm gone hunting. See yaa!:lol:

Hey man thanks for the info, real experience with them is what I wanted to hear.