View Full Version : last day for reg 3 deer

boxhitch
12-09-2020, 10:30 PM
Crappy snow conditions are making things tough, but its not over til its over
Grunt tube won no friends today

Good luck out there

338win mag
12-09-2020, 10:46 PM
Yeah, it has been hard to find a nice buck.
The fastest way to ruin a good deer hunt is to kill a buck.
Best hunting season ever, lol,, gonna get out for the afternoon tomorrow, I don't mind getting skunked, really.

whitlers
12-10-2020, 08:20 AM
Only saw two legal 4 pointers this November. One dink and another stud that gave my partner the slip. Seen plenty of other smaller bucks and one giant 3x3. I agree the strange weather was having them change their usual patterns.

Hunted Dec 10th last year and saw 8 bucks cruising the same ridge in two groups. None legal but all decent 3x3 and 3x2's.

You never know!! Good luck guys. Unfortunately I need to work today.

Go get em.

ElliotMoose
12-10-2020, 10:14 AM
I put a beauty 5x5 Whitetail on the ground a couple days ago. He was still raking trees and in full rut. Came in at first light to the grunt tube and a bleat just how I pictured it in my head. Doesn't happen like that often but I'll take it! I'd post pics if it wasn't such a pain in the ass

swampthing
12-10-2020, 07:23 PM
Yeah, it has been hard to find a nice buck.
The fastest way to ruin a good deer hunt is to kill a buck.
Best hunting season ever, lol,, gonna get out for the afternoon tomorrow, I don't mind getting skunked, really.

I agree with all this completely!!

jimzuk
12-10-2020, 10:19 PM
No luck for me. Saw lots of bucks this November but all small no shooters

walks with deer
12-10-2020, 11:25 PM
well i know of many bucks that escaped the gauntlet..next year shoud be great if we all kill some fangs and claws.

boxhitch
12-11-2020, 09:30 AM
I put a beauty 5x5 Whitetail on the ground a couple days ago. He was still raking trees and in full rut. Came in at first light to the grunt tube and a bleat just how I pictured it in my head. Doesn't happen like that often but I'll take it! I'd post pics if it wasn't such a pain in the assI was hoping for the same outcome but not this time. The last two years in the same area showed lots of travel and fighting and scraping, this year all sign was aged, from before the wet snow froze hard and crunchy, only thing making tracks seemed to be moose. The lack of any fresh snow in several days didn't help. Interesting times
Plus side was I never saw one canine track except the road-traveling coyote

rageous
12-11-2020, 12:27 PM
Seemed to be a tough go for many. What’s the consensus on the one mule deer strategy?

skibum
12-11-2020, 06:18 PM
Snow killed me - I was on a nice buck in the trees a week ago, but I couldn't step away from the tree I was set up under as then I would have been off the quiet grass into the loud snow. Waited him out, but he didn't give a shooting lane from where I was put.

Because of the early snow, had trouble getting back into my honey hole, although I saw a lot of guys drive by me, I wasn't going to risk it - but there were rumors of people stuck all over the place, makes for a story, but not when I am out by myself.

Wasn't a total loss, my son took a 2x2 on October 31.

ghost
12-11-2020, 07:50 PM
The snow the last part of November was tough to navigate pretty loud in my area. Did see a few bucks but no shooters. Lots of sign so that was encouraging

lovemywinchester
12-12-2020, 12:10 PM
I put a beauty 5x5 Whitetail on the ground a couple days ago. He was still raking trees and in full rut. Came in at first light to the grunt tube and a bleat just how I pictured it in my head. Doesn't happen like that often but I'll take it! I'd post pics if it wasn't such a pain in the ass

After reading this post from Elliot I felt a surge of enthusiasm. I went out after lunch and rattled and grunted louder than I usually would. Had a little WT come in to check out who was fighting and that was it for him. A great way to end the season.

https://i.imgur.com/39AEoNlm.jpg

Arctic Lake
12-12-2020, 12:46 PM
Clever idea with the hand cart . How did work out ? Congrats !
Arctic Lake

After reading this post from Elliot I felt a surge of enthusiasm. I went out after lunch and rattled and grunted louder than I usually would. Had a little WT come in to check out who was fighting and that was it for him. A great way to end the season.

lovemywinchester
12-12-2020, 02:16 PM
The game cart is a great investment for any hunter. I just leave it in the truck bed all fall so it's there if I need it. Depending on snow depth, it makes for an easy extraction. The cart makes it easy to load a deer in the truck as well. Just put the handles on the tail gate and up and in. Best $150 I've spent on hunting gear.

338win mag
12-12-2020, 05:43 PM
The game cart is a great investment for any hunter. I just leave it in the truck bed all fall so it's there if I need it. Depending on snow depth, it makes for an easy extraction. The cart makes it easy to load a deer in the truck as well. Just put the handles on the tail gate and up and in. Best $150 I've spent on hunting gear.
Good to know, and nice buck you have there.

jimzuk
12-12-2020, 08:38 PM
Very nice. I will have to do more calling next year

Gateholio
12-12-2020, 11:08 PM

Thats great! Well done!

Kos
12-12-2020, 11:13 PM
Right on congrats buddy

leftfield
12-14-2020, 10:25 AM
I'm new to region 3 hunting, 3-36 in particular as we just bought some property near there. I spent some time this fall hunting this new area... finding a couple of cow moose with calves. I saw deer tracks but not one deer. I guess the way I have to look at it is that I'll have lots of exploring to do in the future. I'd like to find access to elk hunting in the area but I think I'll have to travel some of the backroads to get to a different MU. I saw someone coming through the St.Ives area with a nice healthy bull elk in November.... lil bit jealous

skibum
12-14-2020, 11:18 AM

Good job man -- that is an awesome way to end the season

Those young WTs are stupid sometimes. A couple of years ago had one come into a parade of the wife, three kids and the dog out hiking - I had been hunting too many days and had to put in some family time - brought the gun along, just in case... The four year old was playing with the doe in heat can. Right out into a huge grassland this two point WT comes out with his head up high - steadied the gun on a fence post and the hike back was a little heavier for the kids.

DannyO
12-14-2020, 12:31 PM
posting these photos for ElliottMoose

https://i.postimg.cc/gjrrVqKH/0861-A405-BA80-41-A1-AE54-9825-F91-F8-B27.jpg (https://postimg.cc/n9bHZmgX)

https://i.postimg.cc/qqYqjhbV/61-ADD642-3379-48-DD-8890-0-A623-ADCA963.jpg (https://postimg.cc/q6sp7RHj)

https://i.postimg.cc/NMsKMw9V/77-D8-E0-D3-AB31-476-D-BEA4-DF923-F37-C43-E.jpg (https://postimg.cc/NynsJSx7)

https://i.postimg.cc/cHFrt5fJ/C8-B1-FCBD-6-B5-D-4159-BACA-092-E9-EB9-E8-F7.jpg (https://postimg.cc/cg8sVh9q)

ElliotMoose
12-14-2020, 12:44 PM
Thanks for posting those up for me Danny!

boxhitch
12-14-2020, 04:06 PM
Beauty! got it done in spades

lovemywinchester
12-14-2020, 05:22 PM
Great buck!

Bugle M In
12-14-2020, 05:32 PM
Nice buck.....congrats.
Glad to see there were some nice ones taken this season and glad to know they still are around from time to time!

Husky7mm
12-14-2020, 06:42 PM
Thanks for posting those up for me Danny!
Wow, that is a beautiful bush buck for BC, one of the nicest ones I have seen on the forum this year and ya if only pictures were not such a pain in the ass, some things never change.....

jimzuk
12-14-2020, 09:26 PM
Another great buck. Did you call it in?

ElliotMoose
12-15-2020, 09:45 AM
Another great buck. Did you call it in?

Sure did. Got set up in the thick timber in a spot with several shooting lanes and let a couple grunts go. There was a big fresh rub that hadn’t been there the day before so I knew there was a good buck In the area. 12 minutes after my first grunt he came waltzing in with his nose to the ground and ate one from the 270

ElliotMoose
12-15-2020, 10:03 AM
Wow, that is a beautiful bush buck for BC, one of the nicest ones I have seen on the forum this year and ya if only pictures were not such a pain in the ass, some things never change.....

Thanks Husky. I did it with photobucket which was already a huge pain in the ass and took forever to upload photos. I am fond of telling a story with many photos so as soon as the process changed to something else that wasn't any easier, I gave up on it. Too bad in this day and age we can't just have a simple "Attach photos to post" on the thread starter. My guess is less and less people will continue to post every year.

Chris

tyreguy
12-15-2020, 10:22 AM
On my desktop i use Imgur for posting photo's on here and its actually very easy. Drag the photo to Imgur then copy and paste on here. May not be as easy from the phone from what i've read.
Nice buck BTW

Thanks Husky. I did it with photobucket which was already a huge pain in the ass and took forever to upload photos. I am fond of telling a story with many photos so as soon as the process changed to something else that wasn't any easier, I gave up on it. Too bad in this day and age we can't just have a simple "Attach photos to post" on the thread starter. My guess is less and less people will continue to post every year.

Chris

Husky7mm
12-15-2020, 01:44 PM
Chris

You bet. Had the photo bucket thing figured. They changed it and wanted money. Paid the fee. Worked for awhile, they changed the deal and wanted money every month. I paid the fee, it worked for a while and they changed the deal pay more and you get image hosting back. I said screw it!! Tired of being ***ed by them and imagur doesn’t function as per instructions from my device. After many different attempts with different apps I gave up. If I can’t post multiple large image photos with no open links back to my source or host I give up.

Stillhunting
12-15-2020, 03:14 PM
I felt the same about posting pics, but it's simple with postimages.org.

Rieber
12-15-2020, 03:47 PM
Yup, I'm officially envious of that bruiser. A beauty indeed.:shock:

Redthies
12-16-2020, 09:45 AM
Image test... Wow. Postimage.org works! That’s waaay too simple!

This is a region 8 whitey that my partner shot last week of November.

https://i.postimg.cc/7LwN536W/2-F86-E710-BCEF-41-E1-BBB8-60-EC1-E677-CA3.png (https://postimg.cc/bZVnM21x)

Stillhunting
12-16-2020, 10:25 AM
Nice buck! I was surprised at how easy posting pics was with postimages.org. Hopefully others will see this too and we'll get a lot more pics to look at.

Ron.C
12-16-2020, 10:35 AM
great buck. Love those brows

Arctic Lake
12-16-2020, 10:49 AM
Just a suggestion . Maybe put up a separate thread on HBC on how to use postimages.org.
It may get more on here to post up great Hunting Pictures that we all would like to see !
Arctic Lake

leftfield
12-16-2020, 12:02 PM
Just a suggestion . Maybe put up a separate thread on HBC on how to use postimages.org.
It may get more on here to post up great Hunting Pictures that we all would like to see !
Arctic Lake

I’m pushing the “Like” button on this ��

Redthies
12-17-2020, 09:51 AM
Arctic Lake

It was possibly the easiest thing I’ve seen on the webz in a LONG time. I will be posting so many photos you guys will be sick of me!��

Arctic Lake
12-17-2020, 10:28 AM
Redthies could you post a separate thread for fellas ? We all would like to see more photos . The old adage comes to mind “ A picture is worth a thousand words “ !
Arctic Lake

It was possibly the easiest thing I’ve seen on the webz in a LONG time. I will be posting so many photos you guys will be sick of me!��

Husky7mm
12-17-2020, 11:10 AM
I felt the same about posting pics, but it's simple with postimages.org.
Can it be used from an iphone?

Stillhunting
12-17-2020, 12:12 PM
Can it be used from an iphone?

Don't know, can anyone with an iPhone comment?