PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report for Mulies in 8-1 and 8-12

highcountry88
10-25-2007, 04:49 PM
I spent last Friday and Saturday looking for an "anybuck" with my youngest son. Wet snow kept us out of our honey hole (forgot my chains at home :eek:), so we headed for some old haunts and some new territory as well. Here are a couple of notes on the trip:

saw tons of cow elk...all down low near Westbridge....
we drove the 200 road across from Westbridge (on Highway #33) to OK falls, which usually we see a lot of deer on. The first 10-15 km coming from Westbridge had fairly fresh snow yet there were zilch for deer tracks on that stretch of road. That was amazing. yet when we came closer to OK Falls, we found a couple of spots that were very heavy deer traffic....I am just guessing, likely white-tails?
not a lot of hunting pressure for October, we only saw about 6 trucks all day, an normally that area can see a lot of pressure.Had a fun time, but no "anybucks"....heading for Savona on Saturday, I will let y'all know what happens...

Mckinney Creek Adventures
10-25-2007, 06:59 PM
Yep, she was a funny weekend. I was all over the country around home here (Rock Creek), and very little moving around. Got a glimpse of a buck on sunday, but would not hold tight for me to have a good look.

MCA

zigman
10-25-2007, 07:17 PM
i was in Grand Forks two weeks ago and saw very few mulies at all. I did see a number of whitetails though. (lots more than i used to).
Saw a really nice bull moose but wasn't able to confirm it was an immy. Second year in a row for me seeing moose but not being able to get quite close enough even with the spotting scope.
I was however, able to harvest my first whitetail buck on the 10th. The coolest thing was that i had taken the wife and kids along or a drive and on the way back we saw, Id'd and i dropped the buck. All in all a cool experience.