PDA

View Full Version : here he goes again

newhunterette
10-25-2007, 08:28 AM
Time to get Peter organized for his next huntin trip - he and his partner finally got their days figured out - guess I better get busy prepping for them. "Chris, I know things have been hectic in ur house let me know what u need?"
They are leaving the November long weekend - I'll keep everyone updated as much as I can when the time comes.
Ali

boxhitch
10-25-2007, 08:45 AM
Time to get Peter organized for his next huntin trip - he and his partner finally got their dates together -Ali
Who else thinks it is real nice of the girls to let the guys take dates on a hunting trip ?

Fisher-Dude
10-25-2007, 09:10 AM
Who else thinks it is real nice of the girls to let the guys take dates on a hunting trip ?

Me. That Peter is a very lucky guy to have such an open-minded wife.

Mr. Dean
10-25-2007, 09:24 AM
I'm trying to convince the War Department that I need 7 more days off in the bush.

:idea: Maybe I can use this thread as a bargaining chip.

newhunterette
10-25-2007, 09:26 AM
oh boy - I really have to start paying more attention to my typing skills:shock:

Jagermeister
10-25-2007, 09:36 AM
"Time to get Peter organized for his next huntin trip.....".
I dunno, I think that Peter should check the woodshed. LOL

fozzy
10-25-2007, 11:14 AM
I think it's very nice that Peter gets his stuff at home organized for him to go on his trip.:wink:

Leaseman
10-25-2007, 11:43 AM
Pete is one lucky guy...how many proposals have you got off this site Alison....:wink:

Besides me of course.......:oops:

newhunterette
10-25-2007, 11:57 AM
wish they had a bigger blushing smiling - don't all wives get their hubbies ready for a hunting trip:redface:

Fisher-Dude
10-25-2007, 01:13 PM
wish they had a bigger blushing smiling - don't all wives get their hubbies ready for a hunting trip:redface:

Define "ready". :cool:

Is it like...baking cookies? LoL!

bosch
10-25-2007, 02:22 PM
I think you are the only one that get's their hubby ready for several trips in the same season Ali... you are the only true Canadian Beaver baby!!

newhunterette
10-25-2007, 04:13 PM
Define "ready". :cool:

Is it like...baking cookies? LoL! - well sort of FD

I make sure his gear is all washed and ready to go - I prepare his food packs so all he has to do when he comes in from the days trecking is fire up his stove and put the vittles on - usually his meals are all marked and packaged so he just has to cook them - I tuck a little note in one of his pockets for inspiration - make sure his batteries are charged up for his gps - pack up the cooler with all his necessities - all he needs to remember is his wallet, license, tags, rifle and ammo and the heavy lifting to load the truck - he usually leaves after a day of workin so when he gets home he just has to pack it in the truck and go - that way he doesnt lose much time :)

but now that u mention cookies maybe I should bake some too

he gets bugged by his hunting buds about this but hey they don't complain much when I add extra grub fr them to share with him - do ya Chris (lefty) hehehehehe?

Sharkey
10-25-2007, 08:36 PM
Wow! You are an awesome wife I tell you what!! My household is the complete opposite - I bought him an XBOX 360 and a few games... I bought me a rifle. He doesn't question where I go, or who I go with - I just tell him to enjoy the day with his video games... momma's goin' huntin'!!
~D
p.s. Mind you - he IS coming along tomorrow for a half-day hunt. He's never been....

hunter1947
10-25-2007, 08:47 PM
Time to get Peter organized for his next huntin trip - he and his partner finally got their days figured out - guess I better get busy prepping for them. "Chris, I know things have been hectic in ur house let me know what u need?"
They are leaving the November long weekend - I'll keep everyone updated as much as I can when the time comes.
Ali All the best on your next hunt peter ,hope you bag a good one ,good luck. http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif.

fozzy
10-25-2007, 08:57 PM
- well sort of FD

I make sure his gear is all washed and ready to go - I prepare his food packs so all he has to do when he comes in from the days trecking is fire up his stove and put the vittles on - usually his meals are all marked and packaged so he just has to cook them - I tuck a little note in one of his pockets for inspiration - make sure his batteries are charged up for his gps - pack up the cooler with all his necessities - all he needs to remember is his wallet, license, tags, rifle and ammo and the heavy lifting to load the truck - he usually leaves after a day of workin so when he gets home he just has to pack it in the truck and go - that way he doesnt lose much time :)

he gets bugged by his hunting buds about this but hey they don't complain much when I add extra grub fr them to share with him - do ya Chris (lefty) hehehehehe?

Now just to be fair and all when it's your turn to go hunting I'm sure that all your gear is ready too and a coupon for the spa when you get home with sore muscles :-P

Good luck on the hunt!! It should be coming in to prime time now. Have fun and take lots of pics.

Fisher-Dude
10-25-2007, 09:38 PM
- well sort of FD

Do you sew a name tag in his undies too? 8-)

p.s. Mind you - he IS coming along tomorrow for a half-day hunt. He's never been....

Wow Sharkey, at the risk of sounding chauvanistic, that is a complete role reversal. Cool!

Steeleco
10-25-2007, 09:44 PM
I'm trying to convince the War Department that I need 7 more days off in the bush.

:idea: Maybe I can use this thread as a bargaining chip.

Just admit that your too damn picky and promise the BOSS you'll smarten up and you'll be good to go :roll::roll:

Mr. Dean
10-25-2007, 09:55 PM
The only reason why I want to go back is to get another chance at getting what I didn't.

Season ends on to 31st for the meat bucks...

*** To avoid hijack; Mrs. Dean DID make me a lasaugna for the last tour.

Doe Eyes
10-25-2007, 11:33 PM
Good for you Hunterette....
My guy is heading out tomorrow night and like you, I will make sure he has everything he needs and pack him and his buddies some food for the long drive...
Gotta take care of our men!
;)

mpotzold
10-26-2007, 12:38 AM
Hunterette! How come you're staying at home again? My wife is my first choice for a hunting partner . Her only complaint is THE COLD. So my last hunt (Nov. 16 -30) will be with my long time hunting partner.

hunter1947
10-26-2007, 05:46 AM
Maybe hunterette can get some peace and quit when her hubby goes away hunting :roll:.

newhunterette
10-26-2007, 07:21 AM
I am staying home because - I made a promise to never interfere with his planned hunts with his buddies when I became a hunterette - plus with 3 teenagers at home and they all have activities such as hockey, dance, work etc someone has to be here to taxi drive, I had my hunting trip this year and now I am getting some fishing in and I have some travels up and coming so for Peter to go hunting is his time unless someone out there would like to take me with them hehehehehehe (kidding).

FD - no I dont sew his name into his clothes sheesh - u r a silly one aint ya

Sharkey - that would be cool to go with someone else once in a while and I think it is awesome that u are the hunteress and hubby is the gamer :)

and I think deep down everyone's spouse does something special to send each of us onto our trips - to just say "Have a Safe trip" means lots to some :)

Doe Eyes - happy hunting for the hubby - we ladies do have to keep the men organized :)

Ali

browningboy
10-26-2007, 08:00 AM
Who's going to wipe his bum!:lol: Sorry Ali but had to do it.:biggrin:

newhunterette
10-26-2007, 08:00 AM
Who's going to wipe his bum!:lol: Sorry Ali but had to do it.:biggrin:

thats what hunting buddies are for lol

Fisher-Dude
10-26-2007, 09:12 AM
thats what hunting buddies are for lol

:neutral::neutral::neutral:

I ain't bookin' no trip with Peter.

newhunterette
10-26-2007, 09:20 AM
:neutral::neutral::neutral:

I ain't bookin' no trip with Peter.

hahahahahaha FD book them with me :) - hehehehehe

y'all realize he is gonna read this and just look at me and shake his head and walk away thinking yes my wife is a nut - he does have an account now set up on here guess I'll have to let him know about it one day heheheheheheh

Sharkey
10-26-2007, 12:57 PM
Well... hubby came along for a half day hunt today. We saw lots of tracks, bear tracks, deer tracks, quad tracks... plus 4 withetail does and a dead grouse inthe middle of the road (go figure). Said it's not in his top ten things to do. SO... does ANYONE want to go hunting!??!? ha ha ha...
~D

newhunterette
10-26-2007, 01:01 PM
Well... hubby came along for a half day hunt today. We saw lots of tracks, bear tracks, deer tracks, quad tracks... plus 4 withetail does and a dead grouse inthe middle of the road (go figure). Said it's not in his top ten things to do. SO... does ANYONE want to go hunting!??!? ha ha ha...
~D

Sharkey - U and me together - us ladies we should do it - dang men - and guys do not take that as a way to think naughty - I know where ur minds head when u think 2 women

NaStY
10-26-2007, 01:29 PM

Mine does and she even packs my lunch for work too. :biggrin: Oh ya and packs my lunch fishing as well. :biggrin: She just plain packs me ahahahahahaha hmm maybe thats a sign?

Sharkey
10-26-2007, 01:47 PM
Mine does and she even packs my lunch for work too. :biggrin: Oh ya and packs my lunch fishing as well. :biggrin: She just plain packs me ahahahahahaha hmm maybe thats a sign?

I hope she's not hinting at anything... ha ha hahah

Sharkey
10-26-2007, 01:49 PM
Sharkey - U and me together - us ladies we should do it - dang men - and guys do not take that as a way to think naughty - I know where ur minds head when u think 2 women

Too funny! Yeah I'll bet I know what those guys are thinking...But hey! I'm in the Okanagan if you ever want to head this way for a hunting trip! My house is your house!
~D

Phoneguy
10-26-2007, 02:51 PM
I think you have it right. I bet he sure looks forward to coming home when he leaves knowing he has someone there that cares about him! Yup, you smart cookie!

James

Will
10-26-2007, 03:14 PM
I'm Jealous.......

My wife does Nothing to help with my Hunting trips....well except for stay home with the Kids when I go solo...:lol::wink:

Good for You Ali:cool:

Leaseman
10-26-2007, 03:19 PM
Alison hunting with Sharkey.....hmmmm....weonder if they need a "third"...:eek:

Fisher-Dude
10-26-2007, 03:20 PM
I'm Jealous.......

My wife does Nothing to help with my Hunting trips....well except for stay home with the Kids when I go solo...:lol::wink:

Good for You Ali:cool:

You disappoint me Will. All the great ammo on this thread for smart-a$$ed comments and you post a wimp reply like that. I really did expect more from you.

Calamity Jane
10-26-2007, 03:27 PM

haha.. I'm afraid that mine has to get himself ready even when I'm coming along! I am usually the one to pack food though - he seems to be quite content to go the entire day without eating. Not me! You are a better wife than me. Try not to let my other half know this ;)

Will
10-26-2007, 03:43 PM
You disappoint me Will. All the great ammo on this thread for smart-a$$ed comments and you post a wimp reply like that. I really did expect more from you.
You're right........I blew this one bad !
Idiot.........http://usera.imagecave.com/BCWILL/Smilies/bangHead.gif

newhunterette
10-26-2007, 03:44 PM
You're right........I blew this one bad !
Idiot.........http://usera.imagecave.com/BCWILL/Smilies/bangHead.gif

poor poor Will

farside
10-26-2007, 05:13 PM
Ali, you could skip on over to the rock and come on a shotgun hunt. Bring Sharkey too. It'll be big fun:biggrin:. Us 3 Ladies in the bush should be enough to scary everything to death if the bucksot doesn't get to them 1st. Oh, And bring Calamity Jane along too. With a moniker like that how can we lose:cool:

newhunterette
10-26-2007, 05:23 PM
Ali, you could skip on over to the rock and come on a shotgun hunt. Bring Sharkey too. It'll be big fun:biggrin:. Us 3 Ladies in the bush should be enough to scary everything to death if the bucksot doesn't get to them 1st. Oh, And bring Calamity Jane along too. With a moniker like that how can we lose:cool:

hot diggity we got the makings of one heck of a ladies retreat :) hehehehehe

sounds perfect farside

hunter1947
10-26-2007, 05:38 PM
With Ali ,how can anyone loose ,Ali is the one that would make any ones life wonderful. Especially on a hunt ,go for it Ali ,head over to the rock for a few day with farside ,will be fun.:cool:.

bsa30-06
10-26-2007, 05:38 PM
if i waited for my wife to pack my gear i would never go out hunting......she doesnt even ask if i shot anything when i get home.She just yells at me to put all my stuff back where it belongs.

Calamity Jane
10-26-2007, 06:05 PM
Oh, And bring Calamity Jane along too. With a moniker like that how can we lose:cool:

haha thanks. I just got back from an Elk hunting trip in 7-35 with my Dad and an old hunting buddy of his. I don't think my Dad's friend had gone hunting with girls much, he started calling me Calamity Jane halfway through the trip. -- it didn't bring me any luck though. Weather and wind were not on our side and although we were able to call one in, opprotunity did not present itself and I have no elk meat in my freezer. Oh well, next time!

Will
10-26-2007, 06:17 PM
.....she doesnt even ask if i shot anything when i get home.She just yells at me to put all my stuff back where it belongs.
:lol:.........

browningboy
10-26-2007, 08:18 PM
My wife packs for all as well, includes brass pole (numerous stops on the way up) steak and prawns every night then hot rock back messauges comes complete with cavanna girls.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Then I woke up.

newhunterette
10-26-2007, 08:24 PM
My wife packs for all as well, includes brass pole (numerous stops on the way up) steak and prawns every night then hot rock back messauges comes complete with cavanna girls.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Then I woke up.

browningboy I aint even gonna mention the menu I pack for him after that fantasy hehehehe guess while I am prepping I will take photos hehehehehe

browningboy
10-26-2007, 08:28 PM
browningboy I aint even gonna mention the menu I pack for him after that fantasy hehehehe guess while I am prepping I will take photos hehehehehe

this is a family site:roll:

lol

Sharkey
10-26-2007, 10:23 PM
Ali - if we go hunting together with Calamity Jane and farside - I'm thinking we should sell tickets!!! Would be a great fundraiser for the HBC website!!
~D

newhunterette
10-26-2007, 10:38 PM
Ali - if we go hunting together with Calamity Jane and farside - I'm thinking we should sell tickets!!! Would be a great fundraiser for the HBC website!!
~D

OMG don't let marc get wind of this - he is a fundraising machine - I can see him calculating already

Doe Eyes
10-26-2007, 10:56 PM
Ohhh....
A GIRLS ONLY hunting trip...that would be fun!

newhunterette
10-26-2007, 11:43 PM
wohooooooooooo adding doe eyes to the mix

fozzy
10-27-2007, 01:48 AM
The better halves in our 4x4 club have done that now and then sort of, they steal our trucks and go off wheeling and camping and leave the men behind. Lots of chocolate and I think they build a sauna or something.:roll:

Ohhh....
A GIRLS ONLY hunting trip...that would be fun!

newhunterette
10-27-2007, 06:48 AM
The better halves in our 4x4 club have done that now and then sort of, they steal our trucks and go off wheeling and camping and leave the men behind. Lots of chocolate and I think they build a sauna or something.:roll:

no worries here Fozzy - we have 4 (4x4's) to choose from here I won't take his truck - i'll take mine