PDA

View Full Version : Newbie to hunting needs advice on where to go this weekend

mijinkal
10-24-2007, 09:29 AM
Me and a buddy are going to take off for the weekend and go hunting for Moose and Deer. We don't want to drive too far from the mainland (3 to 4 hours) and we have no clue on where we should go. I don't want to drive aimlessly into the bush because I'd like to let somebody know where we will be going. I was thinking of going up near Merrit or to the Whipsaw. Any suggestions on where to go?
no, I'm not asking for your super secret hunting spot, just a nice area with lots of game.
PM me if you don't want everybody else knowing

browningboy
10-24-2007, 01:15 PM
Go up Jamieson towards Boneparte Lake, enter through westsyde (Kamloops) and go in deep, nice in there and miles of roads and have both spieces you're looking for.
Good luck

mijinkal
01-25-2008, 02:55 PM
I finally got the pics off my hunting partners camera. We got this 4x3 pointer out near Boston bar. My first kill besides grouse so I was pretty excited!!

mijinkal
01-25-2008, 02:59 PM
Here's the pic. I can't seem to upload a larger copy

Fisher-Dude
01-25-2008, 03:14 PM
Sweet! That's a nice buck any day, let alone your first one! Congrats!

tomahawk
01-25-2008, 03:29 PM
Nice buck! What's the story on the harvest?

hunter1947
01-26-2008, 05:59 AM
Mijinkal congratulations on your first mule deer ,very nice for the first one and welcome to this forum. Region 3-12 is a place you can hunt for mule deer and fork or spike moose from Sept 20 till Oct 31.. Get a map of the Pennask lake area then hunt around these lakes ,i have heard that it is good hunting in that area. http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif.