PDA

View Full Version : Big Bar Mtn Trespassers

BUCKOLOGY
11-15-2020, 06:15 PM
Hey Fellas,
Just a heads up the Rancher between Big Bar Mtn and the Fraser River is livid with Trespassers. Apparently hunters are cutting his gates and driving all over his grasslands.
There’s CO presence and trail cameras in there now. Heard they already pinched a guy for trespassing as well as driving a quad all over his grasslands.
Please respect private property and stop quadding on sensitive grasslands.

264mag
11-15-2020, 07:15 PM
Are you talking about Joiners ( OK Ranch )?. They have problems every year with trespassers.

WelderGuy
11-15-2020, 08:02 PM
Are you talking about Joiners ( OK Ranch )?. They have problems every year with trespassers.

Hmm, I dont hunt that area, but I was told that if you had a sheep tag and gave the rancher a few hundred bucks, hed let you hunt his land

Rob Chipman
11-15-2020, 08:22 PM
"Are you talking about Joiners ( OK Ranch )?. They have problems every year with trespassers."

Now that made me chuckle... :-)

REMINGTON JIM
11-15-2020, 08:33 PM
Azzhole TRESPASSERS should be Fined heavily ! :mad: RJ

srupp
11-15-2020, 10:16 PM
Hmmm mm interesting..
Srupp

Fosey
11-15-2020, 11:37 PM
Probably Koster’s ranch

hawk-i
11-16-2020, 09:16 AM
Just curious, what is the fine for trespassing?

Huntingtyler123
11-16-2020, 09:37 AM
Not big enough

Redthies
11-16-2020, 09:58 AM
Just curious, what is the fine for trespassing?

Well, trespassing alone might not be much, but HUNTING while trespassing could mean forfeiture of your license, and any and all equipment used while hunting illegally. Depending on how big a dick you are (cutting locks so you can access private land is pretty obviously a violation, and thusly you are a BIG douche), I would bet the COs will want to flex their full muscles and make an example out of you. If they seize your quad, and rifle and however you got your quad there, that could be VERY costly. Nobody needs to get an animal that badly if they can afford a quad. They can just go to the grocery store for beef if they can’t get game legally.

rocksteady
11-16-2020, 10:51 AM
Not sure if I would have posted a heads up... Let the buggers get caught... Guaranteed this is not the only place they do it, so higher chances of getting caught if no one tells them that there is an increased presence of LEO.

hawk-i
11-16-2020, 11:20 AM
Just curious again, I wonder what the fine is for blocking off and posting no trespassing signs on crown land, like right of ways or non- treaty lands?

Darksith
11-16-2020, 12:23 PM
he has a huge area of crown land surrounded by private land...not sure he should be able to limit access to that area but thats a whole nother conversation. No one should be cutting his fences and gates

elknut
11-16-2020, 03:12 PM
Welder Guy ....I know Lawrence Joiner well ...He does not charge to hunt his land for sheep..Have you ever thought of approaching him in the off season and introducing yourself and then asking for permission..Posting rude comments about him will surely not get you and your type in his good book....Dennis

Rob Chipman
11-16-2020, 07:19 PM
"he has a huge area of crown land surrounded by private land."

Might not be as surrounded as you think (mind you, the OK has a *lot* of land in that area). Anyway, I got the iHunter app with the private land overlay. I was surprised at how much land I had always assumed was private isn't marked as private.

"Have you ever thought of approaching him in the off season and introducing yourself and then asking for permission"

Novel approach. Might do just that. Last time I was on the road through their ranch down by the ferry I saw what to my unpracticed sheep eyes looked like a big damn sheep. FWIW, my wife and my grown nephew and niece got lost somehow down on their ranch by the river and met up with Mr. Joiner's son, who informed them that a) they were on private property and 2) to follow the road they were on to get where they wanted to go and to 3) close the gates....so Joiners can't be all that bad.

chinook150
11-16-2020, 08:55 PM
excellent question... not high enough

chinook150
11-16-2020, 08:56 PM
Just curious again, I wonder what the fine is for blocking off and posting no trespassing signs on crown land, like right of ways or non- treaty lands?
not high enough. very good question

walks with deer
11-16-2020, 09:38 PM
i cut locks on gates this year...i know who put it there and the next time i saw him i through his cut lock at him..

that said not the property mentioned above.

REMINGTON JIM
11-16-2020, 10:15 PM

NON if your a Indian ! :icon_frow RJ

REMINGTON JIM
11-16-2020, 10:17 PM
i cut locks on gates this year...i know who put it there and the next time i saw him i through his cut lock at him..

that said not the property mentioned above.

Locking up gates and posting Crown land is Bullshit too ! :icon_frow RJ

stogs
11-17-2020, 10:36 AM
I believe one charge is criminal trespass you will receive a promise to appear in court and may be arrested. You may have damages awarded against you if you destroy property.

xcaribooer
11-18-2020, 11:44 PM
familiar with the area and some of the history.. , yes trespassing is bad and i am not familiar with the specifics of the recent events .. but there are also past issues with Mr joiner putting illegal locks on gates on the public roads that pass thru his property. not legal for him to put on locks but also not legal for you to cut the lock either so he gets away with it. This is what could be pissing people off and causing the bad behavior.
Ive seen examples like this in other areas where someone owns large amounts of land and also has grazing rights in the area they tend to start thinking they own the whole dang country.
An example is the moon ranch up by Meldrum creek is know for posting no trespassing signs on crown land around there. Again I dont know the specifics of what is recently happening around the joiner property but i do know there are always two sides to every story

WelderGuy
11-20-2020, 03:27 PM
Welder Guy ....I know Lawrence Joiner well ...He does not charge to hunt his land for sheep..Have you ever thought of approaching him in the off season and introducing yourself and then asking for permission..Posting rude comments about him will surely not get you and your type in his good book....Dennis

WTF DUDE,,,are you a bit warped?? wasnt a rude comment at all,,I thought it was fine,,and I would gladly pay a rancher to hunthis land for sheep,,,it was a positive comment and I was repeating what I was told as a point of information,,take a frikin chill pill

elknut
11-21-2020, 12:02 PM
Welder Guy....Exactly what you are proposing to pay him a couple hundred bucks to hunt sheep is the exact thing we hunters do NOT want to happen..I have permission to hunt Lawrence Joiners place for sheep and it did not cost me a cent ...Nor did I offer to pay him for the privilege ...He just wanted to size me up and see if I was an ethical and honest person that he could trust to hunt his land ..You obviously think that access to someone property is about money ...You have a lot of growing up to do ..You need the frikin chill pill..Dennis

WelderGuy
11-21-2020, 02:05 PM
Welder Guy....Exactly what you are proposing to pay him a couple hundred bucks to hunt sheep is the exact thing we hunters do NOT want to happen..I have permission to hunt Lawrence Joiners place for sheep and it did not cost me a cent ...Nor did I offer to pay him for the privilege ...He just wanted to size me up and see if I was an ethical and honest person that he could trust to hunt his land ..You obviously think that access to someone property is about money ...You have a lot of growing up to do ..You need the frikin chill pill..Dennis

You really are an idiot arent you,,,You said I was being RUDE,,,I WASNT,,,,I was simply repeating what I was told,,and I didnt use any names,,,I dont know if its this guy or not,,NOR DO I CARE,,,,and I certainly dont care about youre opinions,