PDA

View Full Version : Gang Ranch Accessability

264mag
11-15-2020, 10:03 AM
I started hunting the Churn Creek area last year and have enjoyed some success. We have a place on Green Lake and although it’s a 2 hour drive it’s possible to do day hunts down to the river.
This year I plan on hunting Churn again, but want to explore the Gang Ranch area a bit as well.
I have a couple of questions:

I know the ranch itself is private and I understand that access is either limited or prohibited on ranch land, the question is what is the crown land access like? Do I need to check in at the ranch or anything like that. I hunt solely on foot and just want to make sure I don’t breach any laws or rules. I do use iHunter so it should outline the boundaries. Any tips or insight on accessing the gang ranch area would be very much appreciated. The nice thing about Churn is that it’s very clearly laid out and the access rules are straightforward.

Be safe and shoot straight!

srthomas75
11-15-2020, 10:32 AM
I think that their land is quite well marked with " no hunting, no shooting" signs. Once you are outside of that then I think you are safe to hunt. Over the years I have seen groups camped just outside the marked fences.

stosto
11-15-2020, 05:51 PM
If hunting the park, check the 2015 hunting changes to the corridor (no shooting within 400m and height of land).

264mag
11-15-2020, 07:14 PM
You bet, I have that all dialed.