PDA

View Full Version : Looking to do a little duck and goose hunting

338edgehunter
11-14-2020, 02:21 PM
Iv been up in the fort st john area for close to 12 years and theres a few spot up here for ducks and geese but its limited im actully curiouse in doing some hunting in the lower main land October/nov possible december or there abouts i do not know much about the lower main land and im not asking for any honey holes but were would be a few decent areas to start my research if any 1 would be so kind to point me in a general direction id also be willing to trade some moose and elk hunting for a bit of duck and goose.

xlcc
11-14-2020, 04:33 PM
Try Cecil Lake

338edgehunter
11-15-2020, 01:56 AM
Iv gotten a few access point to cecil lake its definitely a nice spot but im looking more for late season duck/goose spots in the lower mainland so i can continue to hunt beyond the end of october/November...i definitely noticed there sure arnt much for dedicated duck and goose hunters up here theres a few .....like they can be counted on 1 hand.

Redthies
11-15-2020, 08:18 AM
What part of the LML will you be based in? There are lots of options in the Delta/Ladner/Tswassen area. Some are really busy, some not so much. I know there are areas out in the Fraser Valley too, but I don’t know the specifics.

Ed George
11-15-2020, 09:46 AM
Don't forget that if you do come to the lower mainland that you will need a Fraser Valley Special Area license and proof of insurance, BCWF membership with insurance works for this.

eagle eye
11-15-2020, 10:08 AM
Pm me and I will show you some spots

Marcus123
11-15-2020, 10:58 AM
Boundary bay 100m west of the dyke

MichelD
11-15-2020, 11:00 AM
Boundary bay 100m west of the dyke

150 metres and 180 in some places.

silveragent
11-16-2020, 07:26 AM
Yea I don't get the west part. It's a south facing bay and west puts you into land and no-go areas? So south or east?

If you are talking Robert's Bank / Brunswick Pt, then yes west of the dyke and it is 150m.

2019-2020 Fraser Valley Special Area Map (https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/sports-recreation-arts-and-culture/outdoor-recreation/fishing-and-hunting/hunting/regulations/fraser_valley_special_hunting_area_map_brochure_20 19-2020.pdf).

338edgehunter
11-16-2020, 03:22 PM
I do have a bcwf membership comes with a membership to the local gun range i was kinda thinking about boundry bay brunwich point areas but im down for anything if i go down there ill be pretty mobile

338edgehunter
11-16-2020, 03:33 PM
Eagle eye i sent you a pm but you in box is full

stogs
11-17-2020, 10:41 AM
I do have a bcwf membership comes with a membership to the local gun range i was kinda thinking about boundry bay brunwich point areas but im down for anything if i go down there ill be pretty mobile

Pm me i have 28 acre hay farm in surrey near the bird sanctuary and borders the river. We slay birds there 4 robo ducks 60 different duck decoys and 60 Canada decoys. If you can call you'll do alright.

JcNemo
11-17-2020, 04:02 PM
Iv been up in the fort st john area for close to 12 years and theres a few spot up here for ducks and geese but its limited im actully curiouse in doing some hunting in the lower main land October/nov possible december or there abouts i do not know much about the lower main land and im not asking for any honey holes but were would be a few decent areas to start my research if any 1 would be so kind to point me in a general direction id also be willing to trade some moose and elk hunting for a bit of duck and goose.

I am a new hunter this year, and I have been doing a lot of researches lately.

Basically, there are 3 locations you can hunt public in the Greater Vancouver:

1. Pitt Meadow Marsh. You are only allowed to hunt on Wednessday, Saturday and Sunday. As far as I heard, there are ducks, but no goose. You also need a boat to access the marsh. I have not been hunting there.

2. Brunswick Point. There are ducks and geese there, also snow geese. You will need boat and waders to hunt there. Be careful with the tide, it goes up quickly. I have not been hunting there.

3. Boundary Bay. You can only park on the end of 64th, 72nd and 104st. You have to shoot at least 150 to 180 meters from the dyke. I always park on the 64th parking lot, walk about 300-400 meters down, then walk toward east (not west, cannot hunt west of 64th), then find a spot. I got a Canada Geese and 1 duck on the opening day. Raining and windy days are better than sunny days over there. There are TONS of Canada geese flying over, Hundreds and Thousands of them, the only problem is they don't really come down. You also need to watch the tide, it is easier to hunt during high tide. There are a lot of ducks and geese over there; however, they don't really come down that much.

338edgehunter
11-23-2020, 08:05 AM
Might be a while till i make down there now with the new covid restrictions my wife works with northern health and supposedly if i go down south and come back i have to quarantine away from her for 14+days. I dont know why since im self suffient i got my own food and fuel and camper ect...