PDA

View Full Version : Stolen bow and gear

allan
11-04-2020, 08:50 AM
RCMP CALLED ME! I got my bow back, they didn’t elaborate but it’s home with me! now if I can just get my kuiu lid with all my other gear...

Stolen: ON Nov 4 4:41 am three guys walked into my garage, they were driving a 4 door dark or grey sedan (sub compact)
PSE Vendetta xl, 32” draw 70lb
-red strings
-spot hog 7deadly pins sight
—QAD ultra rest ( customized)
- true fire hook release
- x weave 400 full length Arrows red and white vanes
With g5 broad heads , and red nocturnals.
- quickie 5 arrow quiver
- Sitka elevated bow sling
- vortex ranger rangefinder
-kuiu pack lid and all my day gear , Rhino gps with spare battery, delorme inreach explorer, havalon, first aid kit (in my first aid kit is my hunting tags and a photo copy of my drivers license),compass, fire starter ect
Please keep an eye out for it.
If you see this in an add or pawn shop please let me know.
reward for my gear returned.
Thanks

RugDoctor
11-04-2020, 08:55 AM
Sorry to hear this....I’ll keep an eye out for sure. Dirty garbage people out there.

ratherbefishin
11-04-2020, 09:20 AM
Gee,I hate stuff like that...trouble is there is no respect,my old man taught us ‘respect’,you just didn’t even THINK about stealing, vandalizing or being rude...he had this simple effective way of getting the message across...course, he was there for us too, modeled what a father should be like,and I have passed that on...you wanted something,you work for it,you don’t steal it from somebody else who worked for it

wideopenthrottle
11-04-2020, 09:22 AM
where was this? island? LML? up country?

igojuone
11-04-2020, 09:30 AM
where was this? island? LML? up country?

His location is listed as Chilliwack, I'd start there until you hear otherwise.

Downtown
11-04-2020, 11:55 AM
That sucks big time, I hope you are Insured to minimize loss.

When will our Lawmakers and injustice system wake up dishing out appropriate Sentences. Hard Labor in a Rock quarry cutting Cobblestones by Hand all Day.

Cheers

dmaxtech
11-04-2020, 12:52 PM
Contact Garmin and ask them to monitor your Inreach for location as it's been stolen. Might give a location if they turn it on.

caddisguy
11-04-2020, 05:19 PM
Stolen: ON Nov 4 4:41 am three guys walked into my garage, they were driving a 4 door dark or grey sedan (sub compact)
PSE Vendetta xl, 32” draw 70lb
-red strings
-spot hog 7deadly pins sight
—QAD ultra rest ( customized)
- true fire hook release
- x weave 400 full length Arrows red and white vanes
With g5 broad heads , and red nocturnals.
- quickie 5 arrow quiver
- Sitka elevated bow sling
- vortex ranger rangefinder
-kuiu pack lid and all my day gear , Rhino gps with spare battery, delorme inreach explorer, havalon, first aid kit (in my first aid kit is my hunting tags and a photo copy of my drivers license),compass, fire starter ect
Please keep an eye out for it.
If you see this in an add or pawn shop please let me know.
reward for my gear returned.
Thanks

Oh man.

Didn't you have a bow stolen a year or two ago as well or was that another member?

Redthies
11-04-2020, 08:34 PM
Contact Garmin and ask them to monitor your Inreach for location as it's been stolen. Might give a location if they turn it on.

This is a good idea. A friend went to buy a used inreach a while back and phoned Garmin to check on it’s registration status. They told him it was stolen. He turned it on and handed it back to the guy selling it and said “it’s not the model I’m after”. Don’t know if they tracked it down ever.

The Hermit
11-04-2020, 08:38 PM
I will post a WTB note on FB Marketplace. If I get any hits I’ll pass them along to you and RCMP. What is the occurrence number? Name and phone number of the officer that took the details?

get Garmin to trace the InReach. That would be so great to actually have those ****ers In Reach. :-)

cameron0518
11-04-2020, 08:53 PM
That really sucks. Hopefully something will pop up eventually to catch the dirt bags. I keep my tags in my wallet with my actual drivers license and would never put a copy of it anywhere, not even in my own house. In no way am I trying to bash more on a crappy situation but identity thieves don't need any extra advantages. Unfortunately nowhere is safe these days from POS

allan
11-05-2020, 12:17 AM
To answer :
yes , same bow stolen a year ago, I got it back through a helpful guy on this site. Fast forward 18 months , I now keep my bow in my locked garage instead in my barn by my shooting range.
Sadly a family member left my garage door open and I didn’t realize it before I went to bed. My dog chased the guys off before they could completely clean me out, I have a video but it’s to dark and too far away to be useful.
I have contacted Delorme and put a “contact me” on my delorme when it gets turned on and picks up a sat. I don’t have high expectations, but if it pings I’m gonna put the location out on this site so anyone who wants can come with me to pick up my stuff :)

allan
11-05-2020, 12:20 AM
Oh man.

Didn't you have a bow stolen a year or two ago as well or was that another member?
yup, same bow. When ever guys steal stuff around here it’s Always a chainsaw and my bow.
I got the bow back through a kind soul on this site last time!

walks with deer
11-05-2020, 06:00 AM
yup, same bow. When ever guys steal stuff around here it’s Always a chainsaw and my bow.
I got the bow back through a kind soul on this site last time!

you need a gate and a dog.

allan
11-05-2020, 10:00 AM
you need a gate and a dog.
Ya, I have a dog. That’s why I still have most of my stuff. I have gates, but someone left them open.

RICKADY
11-05-2020, 10:42 AM
Really sucks when you get ripped off, happened to our business many times, at my home only once, happy they didn't get into the house. No matter how little they steal i always get pissed. Ya you can have gates, dogs, cameras, barbwire, motion lights whatever, sometimes that dosen't help either. Getting the household members to remember to close and lock gates can be a challenge too.
Sorry for your loss Allan, i hope you get it back again.
I hate thieves!!!!

The Hermit
11-09-2020, 03:00 PM
Did you get your stuff back? No hits on my wanted ad on FB - Sorry.

caddisguy
11-29-2020, 04:24 PM
Might have found it.

Someone on Facebook (Chilliwack Beware Group) posted up about finding a "cross bow" they believe to be stolen. On a hunch and remembering this post, I sent her a pic of a compound and asked if it might be a compound rather than xbow.

She confirmed it is in fact a compound.

https://m.facebook.com/comment/replies/?ctoken=3654039011301376_3656669764371634&ft_ent_identifier=3654039011301376&gfid=AQC5A6w4h5LMPNpocgo&notif_t=group_comment_mention&notif_id=1606691214148921&ref=m_notif

I will PM Allan but if anyone has his number please give him a call to notify him of this development. Good chance it is his bow.

huntingfamily
11-29-2020, 04:56 PM
Facebook link says content not found

caddisguy
11-29-2020, 04:58 PM
Facebook link says content not found

It works for me. I think you need to join the group to see the post. I PM'd Allan the name of the person who found the compound bow. He can message that person directly on FB

Gateholio
11-29-2020, 05:21 PM
I sent allan an email

caddisguy
11-29-2020, 05:22 PM
I sent allan an email

Thank you Gate. Much appreciated.

russm
11-29-2020, 05:52 PM
Might have found it.

Someone on Facebook (Chilliwack Beware Group) posted up about finding a "cross bow" they believe to be stolen. On a hunch and remembering this post, I sent her a pic of a compound and asked if it might be a compound rather than xbow.

She confirmed it is in fact a compound.

https://m.facebook.com/comment/replies/?ctoken=3654039011301376_3656669764371634&ft_ent_identifier=3654039011301376&gfid=AQC5A6w4h5LMPNpocgo&notif_t=group_comment_mention&notif_id=1606691214148921&ref=m_notif

I will PM Allan but if anyone has his number please give him a call to notify him of this development. Good chance it is his bow.

I saw this posted a few days ago

caddisguy
11-29-2020, 07:12 PM
Update: She thinks it's a Vortex, so maybe not Allan's bow Worth reaching out anyway. Maybe he had a Vortex component on there.

Edzzed
11-29-2020, 07:35 PM
Take a screenshot and post that.

caddisguy
11-29-2020, 08:01 PM
Take a screenshot and post that.

I PM'd him with all the info needed including the name of the finder. Gatehouse sent him an email as well.

I am not sure if it is his or not. The finder sent me a message that she believes it is a Vortex bow. Allan indicated it was a PSE, but mentioned a Vortex range finder. Not sure if the range finder is attached to the bow, but if so, that could lead the finder to thinking the bow is a Vortex.

Allan will have to reach out to the person. If anyone has his number, maybe give him a buzz... based on the new info it could be a different stolen compound floating around Chilliwack, but worth checking into it anyway.

allan
11-30-2020, 02:31 PM
So just a follow up, Rcmp just got my bow back to me. No back story or anything on how they recovered it. I’m still missing my top lid of my kuiu pack with gps, and Delorme, day pack stuff ect. But it’s sure nice to have my main piece back. My release was In my top lid so I need to buy one before I can shoot again.
this is the second time I’ve had my bow stolen and returned. Both times my bow has been the first thing thieves grab. Both times from different locations.
many thanks to those that were looking out for me!!

caddisguy
11-30-2020, 05:18 PM
So just a follow up, Rcmp just got my bow back to me. No back story or anything on how they recovered it. I’m still missing my top lid of my kuiu pack with gps, and Delorme, day pack stuff ect. But it’s sure nice to have my main piece back. My release was In my top lid so I need to buy one before I can shoot again.
this is the second time I’ve had my bow stolen and returned. Both times my bow has been the first thing thieves grab. Both times from different locations.
many thanks to those that were looking out for me!!

Good to hear Allan.

Not too long ago, the person on Facebook reached back out to me with some pics and I saw it had "Vortex" branded on the limbs, so I just popped in to say that 99.99% it's not the same bow. Your update definitely confirms that! Interesting there are so many displaced compound bows floating around Chilliwack though LOL

Your bow is starting to seem more boomerang than bow :)

Redthies
11-30-2020, 11:35 PM
Good to hear you got it back! Let’s hope the rest of the stuff shows up too!