PDA

View Full Version : Has there been a new Boone and Crockett Record california Bighorn shot on the Fraser

Fosey
10-22-2007, 10:18 PM
I heard a rumor that a 193 point California Bighorn had been shot on the Fraser River in the last week or so.

GoatGuy
10-22-2007, 10:35 PM
No, Boone and Crockett does not aknowledge Cali's as a seperate species.

Stone Sheep Steve
10-23-2007, 04:53 AM
Here you go.
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=15778

193 6/8"

Try not to drool too much:shock:.

SSS

Lil Buck
10-23-2007, 06:07 AM
A part of the rumour someone told me it was killed at Quesnel lake????
Are there any sheep at quesnel lake??????

Anyways it is a pig and congrats to the hunter again..

Lb:D

Caveman
10-23-2007, 06:57 AM
Now that is what dreams are made of !!!!!!

srupp
10-23-2007, 10:10 AM
Lmao Quesnel lake....ha ha ha bwaaaa bwaaa...hmmm no that ram has been right where he was shot for the past 3 -4 years at least..

Steven

Fosey
10-23-2007, 11:50 AM
Sorry about the Boone and Crockett reference, I should of said new B.C. Record. Anyhow it is a great California Bighorn. Glad to see a young guy shoot it, maybe this will prompt some new sheep hunters to join the fun. We will need some sheep harvested if we are to keep our end of the bargain in the new allocation period from 2007-2011. The resident hunters will have a hard time meeting our utilization numbers in order to keep our Limited Entry allocations especially in Stone Sheep country.

Greenhead
10-23-2007, 07:38 PM
Fosey, this is the first I have heard of this? can you point me in the right direction to find out more on this subject?
Thanks in advance,
Solocam

Fosey
10-23-2007, 10:01 PM
Alot of information was posted about allocations on this website earlier in the year. There are three main steps that will be followed in the new process for all allocated or quota species in B.C. I will briefly explain them to you. Step #1 is a starting point of 75% for residents and 25% for non-residents of all species in a Region.. Step#2 is Relative Importance. They measure the Relative Importance of each species in each region for Residents and outfitters. Then they adjust the 75/25 % in the first step for relative importance. The Third step is Utilization, this will be a measurement of whether the residents and the outfitters have achieved there numbers allocated to them from 2007 t0 2011. The 75/25% will be further adjusted, if the residents or outfitters do not achieve there allocations. So if us residents do not achieve our allocations we will lose them to the outfitters. This is the reason I have been trying to help all Elk hunters on Van island and why we should all help each other in Limited Entry areas. You should have a BC Wildlife Federation member on your Regional Committee that will explain this process a little further to you. Hope i didn't completely mix you up.

MIL720
10-24-2007, 09:11 AM
rumor I heard about this sheep is that a C.O. shot this RECORD BOOK SHEEP the day after it was scouted out by the C.O.'s by helicopter.If this"rumor"is true"screw you"you cheatin *******......If not true,congrats on a beautiful sheep...

Lil Buck
10-24-2007, 09:26 AM
Hey sruup if you knew how come you didnt kill him????

Lb:idea:

RiverOtter
10-24-2007, 06:12 PM
rumor I heard about this sheep is that a C.O. shot this RECORD BOOK SHEEP the day after it was scouted out by the C.O.'s by helicopter.If this"rumor"is true"screw you"you cheatin *******......If not true,congrats on a beautiful sheep...

LMAO:lol::lol:.

Two rookies on the second day of their sheep hunt. No helicopters, only a truck, bino's, rifle and a WEEEEEEEEEEE bit of luck.:lol:

RO

Stone Sheep Steve
10-24-2007, 06:51 PM
It's been a helluva a year for rams:cool:. Just heard rumour of a ram taken in Alberta by a resident that greens 207":eek:!!

SSS