PDA

View Full Version : What is for Breakfast, Lunch and dinner?

mjplewak
10-30-2020, 09:11 PM
So, what is on the menu? Many of you are out for a few night or just coming back. What did everyone eat or will be eating for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I am trying to plan my meals for an upcoming hunt, and this will be the first time I use and RV. So far I have breakfast covered, eggs and toast from my own chickens.

dougan
10-30-2020, 09:28 PM
Hot dogs always good , spaghetti easy in an rv and works for a couple days. Spam Samiches for lunch every day and your good.

dougan
10-30-2020, 09:29 PM
Ps bring extra dump rag

barry1974w
10-30-2020, 09:59 PM
Pre made lasagna, pre made meatloaf, pre made stew, pre made chilli, I even pre cook sausages so they only take a minute to heat up while my eggs are in the pan.

And how do get toast from your chickens??? ;)

Ohwildwon
10-30-2020, 11:25 PM
Coffee, 2 hard boiled eggs, 2 packets instant oatmeal,

1 orange. I make my own power bars (heathers choice website)

that keep me going till mid afternoon if needed.

After a couple days I switch to toast from France.

338win mag
10-31-2020, 04:41 AM
I like to keep it simple. I put a roast or steak, potato's etc.. in a pan and put it in the camper oven. I always make enough then I eat the leftovers for breakfast.
As I am usually not back at camp during the day I pack a good lunch that sometimes requires I build a fire to cook, a couple smokie's works good for that.

Huntingtyler123
10-31-2020, 06:51 AM
Eggs toast bacon for one or two breakfasts. Other days just oatmeal and coffee. Lunch is two sandwiches, trail mix, some type of bar, dinner is spaghetti , hotdogs , cowboy chilli, perogies , sidekicks, pork chops, potato salad, chips, beer

Bugle M In
10-31-2020, 10:03 AM
bacon and eggs every morning.
Out in the field all day so i make sandwiches, like cured salmon on Rye etc plus some junk food like bars and nuts.
Dinner ranges from hamburgers to schnitzels to steak or BBQ chicken.

I try to prepare dinners at home, marinated and then into vacuum sealed bags, that way all i have to do is cut and cook at camp.

browningboy
10-31-2020, 12:41 PM
Kolbassa, perogies, cabbage rolls, steak, lasagna, chicken, smokies, ribs etc... list goes on and on

fishhunt
11-01-2020, 08:41 AM
Pre morning hunt: Granola bar and coffee
After morning hunt: Eggs, ham, toast
Afternoon: Pepperoni, smoked sausages, bread, pickles, veggies, etc.
Evening: Throw pre cooked uncle ben rice into frying pan, add carrots, and whatever meat we have

Our evening meal is centered around being warm and not having to wash dishes. We use one frying pan that gets wiped clean, paper plates that go into the fire. We hate doing dishes.

Other hunting partners make awesome grouse stew/sauce over spaghetti or potatoes, chilis, etc. But way too many dishes to clean after wards.

Redthies
11-01-2020, 08:55 AM
I’m trying a new tactic on my trip this coming week. I usually hunt out of my truck camper and have all the conveniences of home, but we are doing a water access hunt and tenting this time. I bought a vacuum sealer and am doing a penne bolognese, chile verde, and curry that we can boil in bag and avoid prep/clean up. Curry will be for the last night in camp to avoid scaring the deer away!

Nimrod
11-01-2020, 10:21 AM
Heading to Wall tent camp Nov 7th so putting everything together this week
Breakfast is always the same bit boring , a stiff coffee with quick oats and a hand full of berries of some kind.
lunch is usually pretty light, in the field a banana , granola bar, mixed nuts and a dry sausage of some kind.
after dark we eat well, Apres hour chips and salsa or cheese and bread with a beer or 2 or 3 right into dinner

nights are long so don't mind cooking from scratch
- Baking a pork butt in the Dutch oven with potato's and carrots ( we have a camp troll to keep the coals on it while we're out hunting)
- last years left over venison steaks cooked over the fire with quality scotch
- the quick and easy Shepard's pie with instant potato's mixed with venison canned with onions and peppers, with canned peas and lots of cheese.
- have a 2 large precooked venison stews
- later in the week when craving greens a Coconut curry with Zu and Broccoli